Today in the Spider Room?

Grenn

Arachnopeon
Feeding my Ts, I noticed my Cyriocosmus aueri sling on its side, sort of suspended in its own web. My heart sank as it looked like it had croaked it and it's a beautiful little thing. It's funny, despite all logic, sometimes your first reaction is still "Oh no. It died." I actually almost, almost opened up the vial... but thankfully engaged my brain in time.

It had, of course, ignored food last feeding and had been webbing up an area to moult in, so was OF COURSE moulting. Watched it do so successfully and was pleased to see it flexing fresh legs in its little tunnel.

And then, to top it off, a rare treat from my Neostenotarsus sp Suriname sling. Unbelievably small when I got it, it immediately buried and has been a vial of dirt since then. Not even a pet hole. Food sometimes disappears but I've never seen it. It just happens to be next to the Cyriocosumus, however, so I noticed legs pushing out from the substrate Return of the Living Dead style. I watched the little guy creep out, ever so tentatively, grab the food and then squeeze back down into the dirt as quick as it could. Amazing to see, and so much bigger now and looking healthy.

So a double dwarf T treat for me. This is such a rewarding hobby at times, catching glimpses of these quiet, secretive goings on.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Got four enclosures ready for the new tarantulas coming in tomorrow, if anyone can guess what species they are, I’ll buy them dinner if we’re ever in the same town :troll:

BenWilly

Tarantula Hillbilly
Why so late? I've never heard of one opening that late in the day. Latest I've heard was 9 AM, just checked the one nearest to me and they open at 7:30. Hopefully that means I'll have mine around then.
I have no clue, there are other ones in my city but was told this is where held packages go( Crittenden drive). Its really ridiculous. Their website even says it

Attachments

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Found out what the spiders are from my gf and now FedEx says it’ll take up to four extra hours for it to make it to the destination when it should’ve been there the latest in 30 min...I’m literally tearing my beard out...fml

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Got a good look at another T. violaceus sac today, and the H. gabonensis from a recent sac are getting close to molting again.
20190118_120620-1-1.jpg 20190124_001603-1.jpg

Blonc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Fed my tiny collection of four T's today. My tiny B.Emilia just got a tiny prekilled cricket since I couldn't find trace of its last dinner, not even a scrap of leg. I've never seen it eat though. My newest on the other hand, an even smaller D.pentaloris just stabbed its victim in the head even if it was about the same size. These two are barely ½ inch in size so far but it's fun how different they are as hunters. The C.cyaneopubescens did the usual and panicked all over the place when its initial strike just hit webbing, it did get the prey eventually and is munching away as I write.

The best was still my B.Albopilosum of about 2 inches. I dropped down two medium/small crickets to it and the first one got nabbed right away in a flash attack out and into the burrow. Just a moment after that the second cricket got too close and got nabbed. The fun bit is that the first cricket made its escape from the burrow right there and then:) How do I know this was the first cricket, easy, it was newly moulted and almost white. The escape was shortlived though, exit T from burrow with the current prey in fang:) One slow stalk and lunge and it now has 2 crickets in fang. Got to love feeding day:)

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Got my first pokie today, a P. rufilata sling:happy: I was worried that it would get here all right because the package was delayed but the little guy seems pretty lively. This was the last species on my wish list.
P. rufilata Jan 2019.jpg

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Took a bunch of photos today! Almost got trapped into joining this weird religion tho...

D36F67F8-A55A-4BBE-9FA9-C63A577A72A6.jpeg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Got a new T today! Winnie the G. rosea is my second T, the fruit of the "is it worth it to correct husbandry errors?" saga. She's a good half inch+ bigger than my A. chalcodes and I've been laughing at how tiny Kate looks comparatively. So far Winnie has been exploring her new enclosure (that is decidedly too small but I'll remedy that soon) and doing the "Ew! My toes are wet!" dance every time she crosses paths with the water dish.

Attachments

Minty

@londontarantulas
Got a friend from China visiting us this week. She started off scared of our tarantulas. She is no longer scared of tarantulas after spending a bit of time chatting to us and she observing them.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Saw my N. incei in it's entirety rather than a few legs every once in a blue moon. It's been...months and months since I last saw it and I'm pretty sure it hasn't grown at all haha.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Okay, now this is getting ridiculous...I was going to put on a pair of crocs that I hadn't worn for some time that had been sitting just inside my door. Something made me look inside them before I put them on and sure as heck they were all webbed up inside and there were 2 tiny spiders . So now I not only have 4 paper towel spiders now I have shoe spiders o_O I don't even know how to get them out of there without harming them.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Got my G. rosea a larger enclosure today, hopefully she won't hate me for this one. Or stick her toes through the vent holes.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
I'm feeding my newest additions for the first time today! There's a B. albo Nicaraguan form sling, a Pamphobeteus sp. Machala juvie and an A. musculosa juvie. I'll be shocked if any of those don't eat.

I also have about a thousand rehouses to do that I've been putting off because I really, really don't want to make the trek pick up substrate in this weather...

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Yesterday in the spider room I attempted to feed my new G. rosea and as I expected she didn't eat. I normally would have waited longer to try to feed her but I was feeding my other T anyway so I figured why not, I barely pay for feeders. The cricket touched her toe and she lifted her entire leg up in the air for a good 30 seconds as if to say, "Ew! It touched me." and stayed like that until I removed the cricket. Then I have it to my A. chalcodes who is a tiny tiny murder tank.