Today in the Spider Room?

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I rehoused my B. albopilosum today because she "told" me in no uncertain terms, that her old enclosure had gotten too small for her after her recent moult.

09022019_Soooo big.jpg
"Look, mum, I can almost reach both sides of the enclosure!"

She really grew a lot with this last moult, so, I obliged and made her a new home. :smug:

20190217_new home.jpg

@boina Do you recognise that water dish? ;) I hope you don't mind, but I thought it fitted perfectly. :D

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Today my psalmopeous cambrigei took its 1st meal after its moult my grammostola pulchripes is still blocked off in its burrow and LP seems to be in premoult as its bald patch has went pretty dark lol its still sitting out in the middle of the enclosure must want me to see it moulting lol

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday I was not as careful as I should have been and my Augacephalus ezendami juvie decided to take a turn about the room! :anxious:

After much self-flagellation and moving of furniture and clothes piles, I found the little one creeping about the corner of the mattress. My relief was beyond words. :playful:

No rehousing OW T’s in the bedroom! :bag:

Someone lost one of my slings. :(
In looking for it, I found two true spiders that live free-range.
Sorry for your loss! :( I came across a cobweb spider and a harvestman while looking for an escaped tarantula yesterday (found, thankfully). I was glad to see these sentries return to their posts after the commotion had settled down!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My mild-mannered G. rosea gave me a weak threat pose today, only to flip out when I actually opened her enclosure and go into the corner of her house. She was all big and tough until the lid went up.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
My B. albopilosum sling emerged from its burrow after not very long in T-time, but it's nice to see them post-molt.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Today in the spider room AKA the Queen Lair I'm pondering how I can fit a juvenile B. hamorii and N. chromatus in there. The hamorii I can do easily but the chromatus is gonna outgrow my current keeping space pretty quickly. But that's not going to stop me, I'm selfish and I want tarantulas.

Oh and my G. rosea is packing up and trying to escape from last night's awful trauma. :shifty:

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Today, I discovered that adult female dubia do burrow... So yeah, now there’s a female dubia in my female klugi’s enclosure and I have no idea where it is. I gave her another one and she quickly got that one before it had a chance to dig. doesn’t help that I think I should slow Wanda’s feeding cadence down so if she catches that other one, she may not need to be fed again until April...

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
So just checked on the spiders there and my LP is on its back its been laying a matt the last few days and finally the moult is coming lol fingers crossed all goes well

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Today in the spider room AKA the Queen Lair I'm pondering how I can fit a juvenile B. hamorii and N. chromatus in there. The hamorii I can do easily but the chromatus is gonna outgrow my current keeping space pretty quickly. But that's not going to stop me, I'm selfish and I want tarantulas.

Oh and my G. rosea is packing up and trying to escape from last night's awful trauma. :shifty:
If you run out of room I will take them off you're hands lol I'm in the middle of extending my current room as it's just a separate room I have built up my loft/attic

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
My I. hirsutum finally decided to clean house and toss its last molt out of the webbing after about 5 weeks. It's a male...I'm so bummed, its my favorite and the one spider that I was really hoping was female :(

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Yesterday I tried my hand at feeding my G. rosea again juuust in case she wasn't fasting (Spoiler: she's still fasting) and when she didn't go for the cricket I tossed it over to my A. chalcodes. Except I maimed it and it was barely moving so I went to poke it with a drinking straw and my spider went after the straw and about gave me a heart attack. I thought it was hilarious though, she is very good at immediately deciding "Nope that's not food."

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I saw one of my Ts move. :p (N. chromatus) I was SO close to catching it drinking...again.

My Avic was sighted being fully off of the wall of her enclosure! :astonished:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
I had a loss today, a P. subfusca Lowland that I had an inkling was female.

I think I let her enclosure dry out too much for too long. She had been sealed away for some time now, but I saw her out about a week ago, then it was back into the hole. Looked today and found her curled so I dug her up. About 3" DLS.

I'm sorry, friend. I failed you.

:(

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
New spider room decor, picked up this piece by artist Laura Airey today. Now I just have to find the perfect place to put it.
L. Airey piece.jpg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Day 5 or 6 of my G. rosea deciding to bring back planking and be flush with the ground. Or maybe she thinks shes a pokie, not sure.

s dave

Arachnopeon
Today my a avic finally ate again. It's just a little 2" sling and I thought it was in premolt after refusing to eat for 16 days and finally building a nice web. Both happy it ate and sad that it's not quite ready to molt.:):(

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I caught my N. cromatus sling with some feet and a palp in its water cap. Again. It keeps doing it. It just doesn't want to be caught in the act of drinking.

Clareesi

Arachnopeon
My Male p.platyomma was a jerk to me again while trying to change his water. Attempting a bolt, then hairs, threat posture all over a water dish.