Today in the Spider Room?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Just about ready to pull out the rest of my hair waiting for one of my sp. ‘mascara’ and sp. ‘machala’ to molt...
7FCA15D4-D935-4764-AA9C-28E2D0DE730A.jpeg 98A14374-913D-4A5F-8352-EB425F740F0F.jpeg

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Had an extra tiny cricket that was given to me on accident (yknow, pet stores) so I went ahead and gave it to Kate in addition to her usual cricket and almost immediately she started putting down a food web. Haven't seen her do that in awhile!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
All three of my P. sp. 'mascara' seem to be male... :( hopefully it won't be too hard to find a female

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
My gf got my 2 Ts for my birthday
OBT sling
And Davus pentaloris
She is the best ! View attachment 297464 View attachment 297465
I’d be careful with the amount of moisture in the OBT sling, it looks pretty damp and with slings I’ll wet a very small portion of the enclosure (1/4 or less), but that’s just how I do it for this species. @Teal correct me if that’s wrong.

Happy birthday btw!

korlash091

Arachnosquire
I’d be careful with the amount of moisture in the OBT sling, it looks pretty damp and with slings I’ll wet a very small portion of the enclosure (1/4 or less), but that’s just how I do it for this species. @Teal correct me if that’s wrong.

Happy birthday btw!
Thank you its just like that side of the enclosure that is moist, but ill let it dry a bit and will be more careful. thanks

edit: if its too bad i can rehouse RN.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Thank you its just like that side of the enclosure that is moist, but ill let it dry a bit and will be more careful. thanks

edit: if its too bad i can rehouse RN.
If it’s just the side then it’s fine! I thought all the sub was moist haha

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer

Happy birthday btw!
If it’s just the side then it’s fine! I thought all the sub was moist haha
Yeah, one side is fine! Definitely have enough ventilation to allow it to dry out inbetween though :)

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
So I think my .75 inch H. pulchripes is turning its nose up at dead prey. Fed it half a dead mealworm after a moult around mid December which it ate readily and then yesterday I tried to feed it another mealworm half and it didn't take it. Maybe it's still full from its first meal after the moult but I think I'll try offering it lateralis nymphs or pinhead crickets. Or maybe it will surprise me and eat the mealworm today sometime. If it doesn't take it by tonight I'll remove the worm so it doesn't mould/grow bacteria. I'm a little surprised its not eating, as it was such a little piglet before the moult.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
this thing molted and I managed to take a pic or two of it. Threw up a threat posture right when I opened the enclosure, this one will be fun to work with...haha

037FF47A-F51F-4DDD-8023-7F3C76FCEA75.jpeg

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Finally got around to sexing my Tapinauchenius rasti. I was 95% confident after the last moult, but wanted another for confirmation. The DLS was just a hair under 4", 10 cm. She's got to be pushing 5" now.

Also found a photo of my Ornithoctoninae sp. Hati Hati sling eating:

Last edited:

RP91

Arachnopeon
My 1/4" B. Vagans finally molted in the same night my 0.5" A. Geniculata did. The A. Geniculata is now 0.75" and can't tell how big the B. Vagans is since it was still burrowed. Feel like a proud parent.

Last edited:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
I decided I might as well give my N. chromatus sling a water dish already and it thanked me by putting a bolus in it. The water dish wars begin. :p

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Rehoused two spiders today.

My smaller M. balfouri which was similar to a Benny Hill-esque run-around. From a 32 oz deli cup to a 2.1 L "Really Useful Box" (RUB).

And, my gorgeous P. auratus. She was in a 2.1 L RUB and could spread nearly side to side. This became a temporary measure as she was actually larger than I expected when I received her. I moved her into a 19 L RUB.

Outside a feeding response at the tongs to start the show, she was pretty well behaved. She even accepted a super worm offering just minutes after wandering out of the catch cup into her new home.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My Bumba cabocla always flips and/or buries his water dish. Today I removed the old dish and gave him a new one with fresh water. Immediately after I replaced the lid, he flipped the dish over and dragged it to the corner.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Well, I can relate to the dish flip. Just found my P. vittata sling no longer enjoys his and has flipped it. Oh, also got a ventral look at him and confirmed that he is a male. Woo.