The rarer breeds - what are they these days, really?

jameshay_1uk

Arachnopeon
It does come out of it's tunnels, but only when it's on the lookout for food I think, which seems to be every other night. Chances are that if it hadn't made it's burrows around the side of it's jar then I would rarely see it.

It's very defensive! When I first got it, it was rearing up against my feeding tweezers!!! It was actually quite impressive seeing how as it's only about 4cm or so! :eek:

I'm hoping that once it becomes an adult that it'll be out and about a bit more, but I'm not holding my breath.

BiologicalJewels

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would bet there isn't 3 Acanthoscurria Fracta in the U.S.I've have been running a tread
for almost 3 weeks and have yet to find someone with 1 alive.
I have to agree, A. fracta.

balfouri and lot's of other species out there are beautiful and hard to get (mostly due to the pricing), but truly rare...
No kidding, that is not only a BEAUTIFUL T, it is also extremely scarce in the hobby.
I am on the lookout for a couple as well, and if anyone knows of good leads I implore you to let me know via PM ;)

Thanks,

Oscar

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What did you mean by this then?
jeeez,
i guess if you buy your t's only thru someone posting HERE on THESE boards, than you wouldnt understand. i MENT pricelists in GENERAL even outside of this website, clear enough?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you know anyone selling them Seanbond? I think there are quite a few people here on the boards that would be interested in buying some.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Soo much hostility.
I'm not trying to be hostile, I just would like to know where he says he sees them for sale. Because according to everyone else on the boards, this T is rare and isn't in the hobby in any real numbers.

I think I'm going to refrain from posting in this thread anymore.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Order of Rarity of US Collections (IMHOP)
#1- P. ultramarinus (at least in the USA)
#2-Monocentropus balfouri
#3- Xenesthis sp. blue
#4-Xenesthis sp. white
#5-Pamphobeteus sp. Goliath
These would be my tops choices and I am glad to say i have owned 3 and currently own 2 of these...I think anyone would have a tough time aquiring any of these and not to mention they probably are pricey. I think they are all beautiful in their own unique way.
I hate to admit it but I only know of two live Acanthoscurria fracta in the US, and I am sure of at least 4 adult female P. ultramarinus. I'd have to say that that fracta is "rarer".
But I'm still happier with my ultramarinus!

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Having searched around for the one's on your list, there's a Lampropelma nigerrimum for sale here in the UK, it's a 2cm sling but expensive £45.00.
Awesome looking jet black arboreal though :D
The Spider Shop has a few...:D

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I have to agree, A. fracta.

balfouri and lot's of other species out there are beautiful and hard to get (mostly due to the pricing), but truly rare...
No kidding, that is not only a BEAUTIFUL T, it is also extremely scarce in the hobby.
I am on the lookout for a couple as well, and if anyone knows of good leads I implore you to let me know via PM ;)

Thanks,

Oscar
Let's share the info here rather:

Lee at The Spider Shop, UK had some three weeks ago. EURO 85 or so, if I remember...;)

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Let's share the info here rather:

Lee at The Spider Shop, UK had some three weeks ago. EURO 85 or so, if I remember...;)
He had A.Fracta and I missed it??? I haven't seen any that were on the website unless I'm being blind or they sold super fast.

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
yea thats my question too, but i THINK that the junodi has more hair on its legs, not sure tho.
Yes you are right!
Also on their carapace, the dent.. I think its called the caput?? Anyway, the junodi is more sloped while the brayeri (I assume you mean A. brayeri when you say the other mozambique) has a squared or stepped look to it.
Wish I could find a male for my girl.... shes so lonely.