The rarer breeds - what are they these days, really?

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
(I assume you mean A. brayeri when you say the other mozambique)
According to this thread the spiders recently being imported from Mozambique are different from A. brayeri & A. junodi

Later, Tom

Ms.X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would ad to the list Ornithoctonus costalis and Haplopelma sp. "Bach Ma"...

Bill
I am going with the O. costalis. Isn't that actually the same as the "Bach Ma"? Martin, can you possibly clear this up?

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has anyone seen a Selenocosmia Himalayana on the boards or in a private collection. I know of 1 in the USA.
Fred

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Has anyone seen a Selenocosmia Himalayana on the boards or in a private collection. I know of 1 in the USA.
...and a friend of mine – living currently in the USA – had an eggsack last year...

Cheers,
Martin

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am going with the O. costalis. Isn't that actually the same as the "Bach Ma"? Martin, can you possibly clear this up?
No very different!The "Bach Ma" species is a Haplopelma from Vietnam.While Ornithoctonus costalis a small spider from Thailand.
-Chris

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
...and a friend of mine – living currently in the USA – had an eggsack last year...

Cheers,
Martin
Nice. I've always wanted one since I've seen the picture you brought to the arachnocon a few years ago.

Later, Tom

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi,

Nice. I've always wanted one since I've seen the picture you brought to the arachnocon a few years ago.
it's the same guy who collected the one on the photo I showed at the ArachnoCon.

BTW, I heard it through the grapevine, that an european tarantula dealer is working on an import. I saw a photo of the S. himalayana he got offered.

...Probably just a matter of time, till they show up more often in the hobby.

Cheers,
Martin

---
@all: I usually don't reply to private E-Mails without a subject line, without a "hello" at the beginning or "good bye" at the end and which isn't signed with a real name – who does not take the time for such social graces in emails, shouldn't expect me to take the time to reply such IMO lazy and blunt emails.

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 1 WC S.himalayna imported legally from Nepal.Do you have a picture of the one you saw?

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you send me a link or a picture?
Fred
yes I can...

...but I won't, because I don't post photos of other people on the web or send it to third parties without their permission. – Hope you can understand that!

Martin

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How about just the picture of the Tarantula by itself. You can crop the picture to take out any human species .
Fred

Martin H.

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How about just the picture of the Tarantula by itself. You can crop the picture to take out any human species .
äähhm, I am talking about the photo of the tarantula. See also: >>click here<<

...BTW, why do you want to see a photo of a S. himalayana – I thought you have one at home!?

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
Hey Fred,

If you are looking for Selenocosmia himalayana pictures in general, you can find one on Rick C. West's page (click here) or three on Martin's page (click here).

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Poecilotheria uniformis
That is one pokie sp. that will probably never be in the hobby. No one even knows what it looks like. I'm pretty sure the only preserved specimen is a male and it is washed out over the many many years it has been in alcohol.
I've seen this specimen in the flesh, and it's not soooo terribly "washed out". There's a certain design on a certain part of the body that certainly "looks" like a certain other "species"... whew that's a lot of "certain" for being uncertain{D

A lot more than 3 A. fracta were sold back in '07. I know quite a few more were imported than that, as at least 3 dealers had them for sale.

Eric