[Warning] Regali$ <formerly DestinyWasBound> (later discovered to be Fancis Massella AKA Frankie Dank)

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Am I a victim of dissizitkid?

Too late for me I guess..

About two weeks ago, I was contacted by dissizitkid inquiring about the B. jacksoni scorplings I put up for sale. Long story short, we agreed to trade 9 of my scorplings for 3 A. mauritanicus. I sent them off to a CT address and due to weather delays, all but 1 were DOA.

Dissizitkid and I communicated via the board's PM service and agreed that I would overnight 8 replacement scorplings and he would overnight the 3 A. mauritanicus yesterday, Monday January 24, 2011. I sent mine off yesterday, and confirmed that they were delivered/received today. I did NOT receive anything today as agreed and have not been able to contact this person. I think I am screwed. If I dont receive anything by the end of this week, then I know I am out 17 scorplings and two separate USPS Express shipping costs - a total loss of about $240.

If I indeed end up being victimized by this person, the good news is that I have the address of where the scorps were sent. By the luck of things, I'll happen to be in the New Haven, CT area NEXT WEEK. I WILL be stopping by to find out what has occurred.

Last edited:

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He seams to be interested in scorpions now. He offered me some andros for some of my scorpions. He was in a hurry, and asked if when and if I was going to ship. I'm very busy and it's tough for me to find time to send animals off. He pressed me as to when I'd be shipping, and asked if there was a reason for my delay. At that point I began to feel a little bit leary of a guy who wouldn't send me an email, had zero post, and rushing me into a trade.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I took his word about the DOAs. I learned my lesson - too trusting. However, my last 2.5 years on this board have been nothing but positive and enriching. Whether it be trading, buying or selling, everyone has been awesome up until now.

Going forward I will not do business with individuals that do not have any feedback or zero posts. Most importantly, I certainly will never ship first on a trade with someone I don't know or haven't done business with in the past.

Finding this *person* has been added to my "to-do" list next week.

I love the Internet.... It turns out that the "Massellas" are FAMILY RELATIVES of Joanna Giannotti. How can the two NOT be involved on this continuing scam?

BE WARNED.

I've already spoken with the correct Branford, CT branch of the USPS in addition to filing a Mail Fraud Complaint with the United States Postal Inspection Service. For those who have similar problems, the URL is https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/forms/MailFraudComplaint.aspx
I'll keep everyone posted.

lancej

Arachnolord
worthless piece of crap!!

I did a trade with this person for some scorpions for a couple of tarantulas. We were supposed to ship on the same day (Jan 4). I usually require people to ship first, but since I initiated the trade, I agreed with his terms. I shipped, he did not,claiming that he got snowed in. He promised he would ship as soon as the weather permitted. It's been over a week since last communication. I did a search of Frankie Dank( the name that came up on his email) and found this thread. I notified Aracnopets as soon as I found out. I should have made him ship first. I feel really stupid now for doing this. Well, what comes around goes around. Hopefully someday he'll get what he deserves!:mad:

Zman181

Arachnoknight
He contacted me regarding a MM a.avic I had for a 50/50 loan. I mentioned to him I never heard of him. I was lucky I never went through with it.

Spiderman24

Arachnoknight
jag83 please be cautious and careful

When you are pressing charges which I have done to Achelle enow on a 6 THOUSAND dollar buy when I was new in the hobby and you must must remember we are doing illegal things as well mailing a tarantula is a big fine and they can find out if you've done it before they will also look at you kinda funny for mailing a complete stranger money lol not laughing at you I was just asked these questions by local detectives ans found it funny we have people likevthis in the world but I head you warning he saw no jail and I was fined 400 dollars!!!!!!! BE careful please

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When you are pressing charges which I have done to Achelle enow on a 6 THOUSAND dollar buy when I was new in the hobby and you must must remember we are doing illegal things as well mailing a tarantula is a big fine and they can find out if you've done it before they will also look at you kinda funny for mailing a complete stranger money lol not laughing at you I was just asked these questions by local detectives ans found it funny we have people likevthis in the world but I head you warning he saw no jail and I was fined 400 dollars!!!!!!! BE careful please
Yeap - I was thinking about that too.... Thanks for the reminder. No worries as I won't be pursuing any other action [UNFORTUNATELY!!!].