Most ridiculous thing you've been asked about your Ts?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Reviving this thread because I finally got that "do you keep them in the same terrarium?" question last night.
My response: "I thought that question was a myth!"

Grace Cannell

Arachnosquire
Oh while this has been revived, I got one recently from someone I haven't spoken to since university (three years ago) and they never liked me anyway...

"Hey, I have a friend at my work who is petrified of spiders and she wants to try and hold one, can we use yours?"

After further questioning I was basically being asked can you bring your T from Hampshire to London in a tupperware box or something and get an extremely nervous person to hold it? Oh by the way she gets violent when freaked out, what do you think?

I had no words. None.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Oh while this has been revived, I got one recently from someone I haven't spoken to since university (three years ago) and they never liked me anyway...

"Hey, I have a friend at my work who is petrified of spiders and she wants to try and hold one, can we use yours?"

After further questioning I was basically being asked can you bring your T from Hampshire to London in a tupperware box or something and get an extremely nervous person to hold it? Oh by the way she gets violent when freaked out, what do you think?

I had no words. None.
Neither do I.

NewTdaddy

Arachnopeon
When I told my mate I was getting one, he sighed and said "I *suppose* you'll be feeding it birds!"...

...I wasn't sure what to say.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
"Are they alive?" "Do they still have their fangs?" "Are they poisonous?"

You know. The usual.

KooBea

Arachnopeon
"So it'll live in your house?" Post office lady after she dropped the box my slings were in and I had a mini heart attack.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
A: “I bought a tarantula.”
B: “But why?”
A: “Cuase I want one.”
B: “But why?”
A: “I really wanted one.”
B: “I know, but why?”

A2B8B38B-88BA-4EA1-B63F-A648F911492A.gif

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, seems incredibly considering the level of arachnids hating here, I know, but in Italy those kind of questions were never ('historically', I mean) big deal.

But here we always were, as arachnid keepers, very few in number and pretty 'discrete' (e.g not saying to the first random fella, like a co-worker etc, what we keep) and that helped.

Anyway mostly the first random reaction, in the '90 (today is completely different) was "... don't say such a thing, no one keeps those, it's impossible" :rofl: <-- and believe me, I used to think exactly that as well, but for different reasons, as a little kid in late '80.

Or the classics (but a bit reasonable, if we consider everything) like "... what if escapes?" or "... what if he -- as if every Theraphosidae is a male, lol -- bite you?".

The rest was/is the general fear/dislike.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
It shall hereby and henceforth be declared, that I, JoshDM020, will most likely die trying to smoke spider webs to test that insane, yet irritably nagging theory. Curiosity and the cats and all that jazz.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
It shall hereby and henceforth be declared, that I, JoshDM020, will most likely die trying to smoke spider webs to test that insane, yet irritably nagging theory. Curiosity and the cats and all that jazz.
Put some ice in the bong to mellow it out, and spider webs will give you a real nice mellow, man. Like, don't harsh it bruh.

Kendricks

Arachnoknight
When I told my mate I was getting one, he sighed and said "I *suppose* you'll be feeding it birds!"...

...I wasn't sure what to say.
"Oh, no of course not, I am not some kind of savage, I'll raise my tarantulas vegan and bi-lingual!"