Most ridiculous thing you've been asked about your Ts?

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Reminds me of Marie Curie:
"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood."
Of course, after saying that, she then died of that which she was seeking to understand because no one yet realized the deadly potential of radiation poisoning...

Stella Maris

Arachnoknight
"Why would you pay $x for a spider when you can just go catch one outside?"

"How can you tell whether they are male or female; do you just look underneath their butt?"

"Do you keep them all in one cage?"

"Did your spider have babies yet?"

"Did you show your tarantula to the cat yet?"

Etc.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
"Why would you pay $x for a spider when you can just go catch one outside?"

"How can you tell whether they are male or female; do you just look underneath their butt?"

"Do you keep them all in one cage?"

"Did your spider have babies yet?"

"Did you show your tarantula to the cat yet?"

Etc.
Look underneath their butt...:rofl:

inserirnome

Arachnopeon
This was the first question my roomate asked when he saw my Ts :
"Did you know you can get high smoking spider webs?"

HybridReplicate

Spectrostatic
Brother-in-law: "Can I pet it? I've never petted a tarantula!"
Me: "Nope, not for touching."
BIL: *crestfallen* "But...dude. I want to pet a tarantula, seriously, it's on my bucket list!" :rofl:

Not really stupid, just cute.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
When people come to me today and say ewww how can you keep them how can you sleep. !! Lol.. I laugh and say how can you not!!! :p:vamp:
I've heard that one a few times; the whole "how can you sleep with those around?" thing. I say, "Its easy, because they don't make any noise." :smug:
Now the geckos, on the other hand....and don't even get me started on the cats...

Leila

Arachnobaron
"Oh my god, please don't take any of them out whenever I come to your house!"
I always retort with, "I promise, I would Never put my tarantulas through that experience." ;) ;)
(It takes them a minute to realize what I am really saying to them.)

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Here is the most common question I am asked when people find out that I keep T's.

"Why?" and my reply "Why not?!" :D

Yulian

Arachnopeon
Me: "Joel, im getting a tarantula!"
Joel:*shudders* "so is it like defanged?"
Me: ........

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I've heard that one a few times; the whole "how can you sleep with those around?" thing. I say, "Its easy, because they don't make any noise." :smug:
Now the geckos, on the other hand....and don't even get me started on the cats...
My leopard gecko was always completely silent. What kinds of geckos do you have?

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My leopard gecko was always completely silent. What kinds of geckos do you have?
Six Crested Geckos, a gargoyle gecko, and two leopard geckos. The leopards are quiet, but my wife keeps one of the crested vivs in our bedroom. The pair in there think they're like Tarzan or something at night.

Magenta

Arachnosquire
My nephew(6 years old) asked if the tarantulas get out and play with the cats when we're not home.

I told him that "Yes, they watch Walking Dead together". He said "Nnooooo, you're messing with me!"
I also tried to convince him that I'm a cyborg. He didn't buy that either.

I get the usual "do they all live in one cage?". A few people, can't remember who, asked if I just let all the Ts run loose. 0.o

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Leaving T's run loose in the house....it would be like the floor was really lava! I'd be on my tippy toes all time as to not step on them!
I think people give them way too much credit as to how smart T's are. And how indestructible.

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
The secretary at work told me " . I couldn't keep a T in my house I would be afraid I would wake up on my ceiling all wrapped up in a cocoon so it can eat me "