Most ridiculous thing you've been asked about your Ts?

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I can't believe I forgot this one!

Me: "Hey (coworker)! So the other day my one tarantula-"

Coworker: "-Escaped while you were sleeping and you woke up to it on your ceiling dangling above your face?"

Granted he was totally kidding when he said that, it was still the most ridiculous thing I've been asked

Andrea B

Arachnopeon
I posted a cute pic of my blue fuzz ball (c. versicolor) on Facebook and someone said, "is it a killer? Looks like a killer". Other folks do the "kill it with fire" thing which isn't a question but is equally annoying.

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Yeah, I get "why!!!" when I told some people who should know better.
I also get "are they in cages?" and "do you let your dogs play with them?":arghh::rolleyes:
Oh yeah, the winner is "I won't come to your place now."
:rofl::rofl::rofl::shifty: Think that's a good reason to have spids. Ya know what I mean?

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Spiders in general have repellent qualities, my mother and her crew have never visited me in years and I owe that to my spiders, I have eternal peace....

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
"Don't bugs hide all the time? Fish are way better"
Sure. Tell me how much time and money you spend on your aquariums, then we'll talk.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Or the classics (but a bit reasonable, if we consider everything) like "... what if escapes?" or "... what if he -- as if every Theraphosidae is a male, lol -- bite you?".

The rest was/is the general fear/dislike.
Ah yes, I remember my Mom naming that fear in why I was not allowed to get a tarantula when I was twelve (I’d wanted a B. hamorii — first T I did eventually get years later). She was worried that it might escape in the middle of the night and crawl up on my bed and then bite me when I inadvertently moved in my sleep. :rolleyes:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah yes, I remember my Mom naming that fear in why I was not allowed to get a tarantula when I was twelve (I’d wanted a B. hamorii — first T I did eventually get years later). She was worried that it might escape in the middle of the night and crawl up on my bed and then bite me when I inadvertently moved in my sleep. :rolleyes:
Well but much love for your Mother :)

Statements like that (heard here in Italy waaaay back then by my Grandmother, ah ah) were/are classics.

"Se esce ti mangia vivo!" - "If he -- note: because 99% of T's were/are males, lol -- manage to exit from that cage, he will eat you alive!".

I miss those priceless things :kiss:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Still nothing, nothing, like what Ornella once told me (@Leila, habibti, I know that you always love to hear this :kiss:).

Ornella: "Chris... I'm not one of your freaking spiders you can throw into a cage and enjoy to keep."

Then 'addio' (aka 'goodbye', 'farewell', whatever term can be used suits that).

Mah, I say :angelic:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Still nothing, nothing, like what Ornella once told me (@Leila, habibti, I know that you always love to hear this :kiss:).

Ornella: "Chris... I'm not one of your freaking spiders you can throw into a cage and enjoy to keep."

Mah, I say:angelic:
Well, you never know, some people are into that kind of stuff... :D

Leila

Arachnobaron

Mah, I say :angelic:
Omg, yesss! Because you called her Ornata instead of Ornella. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Classic!! :angelic:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, you never know, some people are into that kind of stuff... :D
She did the right thing? The wrong thing? Please give me an opinion, my friend, since you know that I really, but really like you (you are on my Top 5 fav. Dutch ever) :happy:

I'm a male. Ethero. Back then a party luver. It's right, then, to throw everything "we" achieved during years in the toilet :kiss: only because I couldn't say a 'No' to my Chinese friends, obviously 'Tong' connected?

Well, you can't say no to certain people. Just like when you go to jail here in Italy and 'O.C' people 'families' protects you.

Ok, so I was invited to a party in Milano Chinatown (I was the only 'foreigner' - lol - present, so only this should had make her proud, since Chinese are very, very strict on that), surrounded by drinks, opium (but I'm against drugs), gambling, and by sexy 'Jade' ladies half naked, wearing class and sexy Jimmy Choo shoes. That was a mans only party :cigar:

Only because I've returned home in completely total pre-molt, drunk like .... and with the scent still on me of those lovely 'exotic' creatures, doesn't means it's reasonable to freak out, no? :angelic:

I mean, the words "I'm sorry" and "You are the only one I love, Ornella" (Ok, 'ornata') and "Please forgive me" and whatever, doesn't count anymore?

Yeah, I tell you. Not anymore.

But I'm a man, and a male, and what can I do? Wolves aren't friends with hens, after all :mooning:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Am I the only one that has been asked.
"Do they remove their venom before selling them as pets?"

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
No, I've been asked that question as well...And also: "Do you have their fangs removed??" :banghead:
Never had the fang one yet.
I was baffled when asked, surely they know they need fangs and venom to be able to subdue and devour prey