Molting or dying?

Stugy

Arachnolord
lol So I talked to my dad about it and we tried it outside just in case and it worked. I'm only planning to keep it on while I'm at home because I don't trust it near carpet lol. All I needed was a bit of logic and common sense ;) Thanks lmao

Zeez

Arachnopeon
Almost freaked reading this thread. I did the same as arachnodrew.. had an extra lamp and nano heat emitter fit so voila. I never considered that there was a "correct" lamp for ceramic heat emitters.

I currently have a nano because I'm only heating one side of a 10 gallon. 40w. Keeps it 80-90.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Sorry for your loss :(
I spot heat with infrared bulbs and cheap clamp lights which allows me to give the proper temperature gradient alot of semi arid or arid species need. If you give them too much heat like alot of hotbox setups provide - then not only do you risk burning up your precious scorpions but it can also shorten their lifespans by not letting them have a break from the heat when they need it.

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
I heat mine scorps thru the day at about 90 F, then let them cool to room temp at night. It seems to get them active at night, plus I only feed them once every ten days or so. I believe people over feed them, when they are fat, they are lazy.

THExMETAL666

Arachnopeon
The lil one is moving a bit and seems to be trying to get up or something. Here's some pics:
beautiful little scorp if it helps you at all my asian forest hasnt eaten in almost 5 months and i try to feed it, everytime i do it grabs it like it wants to eat it and sting it but it will just crush it and drop it then never touch it again.

Stugy

Arachnolord
beautiful little scorp if it helps you at all my asian forest hasnt eaten in almost 5 months and i try to feed it, everytime i do it grabs it like it wants to eat it and sting it but it will just crush it and drop it then never touch it again.
It died. I had quite a few scorpions that stopped eating for a long time. I had a Parabuthus schlecteri that didn't eat for up to 7 months. I'm not sure if it has eaten with it's new owner lol.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Sorry for your loss :(
I spot heat with infrared bulbs and cheap clamp lights which allows me to give the proper temperature gradient alot of semi arid or arid species need. If you give them too much heat like alot of hotbox setups provide - then not only do you risk burning up your precious scorpions but it can also shorten their lifespans by not letting them have a break from the heat when they need it.
Interesting. It turned out that the heat emitter I purchased (or the clamp lamp) is total crap so I have to put it about 4-5 inches away from the scorpion enclosure to actually heat it up a little bit. I can't afford to buy a new one so I've been rotating the scorpion and feeder enclosures to the emitter so they can all get some kind of heat.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Interesting. It turned out that the heat emitter I purchased (or the clamp lamp) is total crap so I have to put it about 4-5 inches away from the scorpion enclosure to actually heat it up a little bit. I can't afford to buy a new one so I've been rotating the scorpion and feeder enclosures to the emitter so they can all get some kind of heat.
Invest in a small storage space to heat up! Lol couple bucks

Stugy

Arachnolord
Invest in a small storage space to heat up! Lol couple bucks
Lol a couple of bucks to you is a hundred to me. I've practically sold everything I don't use or need anymore, can't get a job because there is no point this close to the beginning of the school year, and I'm not willing to sell any of my scorps (or just plain can't with one of them). Going to wait for my baby widows to get to i3 so I can start selling them again. Oh yeah and my parents won't buy me anything anymore. I'm practically on my own in terms of money.