Mold is irritating

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I DO find YouTube to be informative and full of great useful information for everything. I will continue to use it for whatever I need.
A few things I learned on youtube: the British royals are really reptiles, there are chemtrails in our skies, the Illuminati controls our world, man never landed on the moon, climate change is a hoax... :vomit:

I mean seriously? Youtube is your go-to for great useful information?
You really should employ some discernment.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You must be pretty dumb to sit through all of those videos to find out the British Royals are reptiles. You obviously don't know how to choose the right videos.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I have never baked anything. I won't put anything that would mold in with my humidity loving spiders (T stirmi and H gigas), and I use jungle mix in every tank, even the dry ones. I know mold isn't a big deal, but it looks gross--like a dirty fish tank.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Clearly your reading comprehension is at an embarrassingly low level. So how does changing the substrate around twice a year constitute "regular basis". Did I mention regular basis anywhere? Did I say change the substrate once a month somewhere? So like two-three times years to you is "regular".

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You must be pretty dumb to sit through all of those videos to find out the British Royals are reptiles. You obviously don't know how to choose the right videos.
I actually find some of the conspiracy theories quite funny -- and you know how youtube does auto-play. You start with one topic and then auto-go off into youtube 'scary' land.
Some videos are like a car accident -- you know you shouldn't look... but then you do anyway. :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I DO find YouTube to be informative and full of great useful information for everything. I will continue to use it for whatever I need.
Hands down a great site my man, but on a more 'intimistic' level I prefer Tumblr: a site where I can discuss, peacefully, of utmost intelligent issues with a lot of Tumblrina, definitely the Evita Perón of the modern era :)

boina

Lady of the mites
Clearly your reading comprehension is at an embarrassingly low level. So how does changing the substrate around twice a year constitute "regular basis". Did I mention regular basis anywhere? Did I say change the substrate once a month somewhere? So like two-three times years to you is "regular".
Yes. And it's two to three times a year too often.

And maybe re-read your very first post...

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After a very short look through that list I could actually find NOT ONE video that tells you to change the substrate regularly. They all tell you how to set up a new enclosure, how to rehouse etc. The videos you posted don't even prove your point AT ALL! Did you even look at a single one of them?

The point is not that you can't change the substrate - of course you can. The point is you Should Not unless really necessary.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After a very short look through that list I could actually find NOT ONE video that tells you to change the substrate regularly. They all tell you how to set up a new enclosure, how to rehouse etc. The videos you posted don't even prove your point AT ALL! Did you even look at a single one of them?

The point is not that you can't change the substrate - of course you can. The point is you Should Not unless really necessary.
Show me why you can't...exactly.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Yes. All my tanks are kept clean, and I never change substrate in a permanent, forever tank. I only use water and paper towels for poo on the glass, and tweezers to pull out any uneaten feeder or poo in the substrate. But, I have never had significant molding issues, which would warrant husbandry changes more than a substrate redo. Relax, Friend.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes. All my tanks are kept clean, and I never change substrate in a permanent, forever tank. I only use water and paper towels for poo on the glass, and tweezers to pull out any uneaten feeder or poo in the substrate. But, I have never had significant molding issues, which would warrant husbandry changes more than a substrate redo. Relax, Friend.
Sorry, my post was not meant for you...

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
How I Spent My Day Off: Discussing dirt, mould and reptilian royals.

And I'm sorta okay with that. :rofl:
Sure beats spending the day replacing all my Ts outdated substrate. :smug:

MissHarlen

Arachnosquire
How I Spent My Day Off: Discussing dirt, mould and reptilian royals.

And I'm sorta okay with that. :rofl:
Sure beats spending the day replacing all my Ts outdated substrate. :smug:
Haha true

This thread really got out of hand while I was gone.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
If it's been a while since you last changed the substrate, say three months or more, then it's time to change the substrate.
Wrong.
So here's proof people transfer and change substrates. Anything else? I'm waiting for the "Yeah, but, but, but"
No one denied that you can change substrate, they explained why it's unnecessary unless... Did you even read the posts in this thread?
I have proven my point. I showed you my proof. Now show me yours. Show me how changing substrate like twice a year is stressful.
First it's every three months and now its twice a year, clearly your unreasonably defensive on this topic and wont listen to what others have said.
You can't even properly recall what you have stated, and your commenting on their reading comprehension? Get a grip man, your embarrassing yourself.

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yet, you still didn't answer my question. It seems as though you can't let go of being misinformed and must be the "go to guy" for all things tarantula related. Anyway, if it's every three months or so or around twice a year as I posted, I challenged you so called "experts" and didn't get a straight answer. I took a few of you on and it was clear to me that you just piggy back on each others fake wisdom that you just got off the internet without acquiring for yourself. I just got the runaround. I posted a "page" for proof not a specific video. Obviously you go for posts, likes, and thumbs up but for me people who talk a lot really don't have anything important to say. Because thinking for yourself is hard :(

Yup, the same people who failed to step up to my challenge are the same ones that think you're "funny"

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wrong.

No one denied that you can change substrate, they explained why it's unnecessary unless... Did you even read the posts in this thread?

First it's every three months and now its twice a year, clearly your unreasonably defensive on this topic and wont listen to what others have said.

You can't even properly recall what you have stated, and your commenting on their reading comprehension? Get a grip man, your embarrassing yourself.
Sorry, but I don't feel as though I am embarrassing myself at all. Not defensive, just trying to get an answer that's all.