Melly, the G. rosea with a LOT of issues!

HighFlyer

Arachnosquire
I'm very sorry, this has been a long long struggle with lots of ups and downs. Kudos to you for sticking with her and trying your hardest to nurse her back to health.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
Rest in peace, Melly.

You fought dang hard to keep her. You tried your best, and gave her a fighting chance. She will always be in your heart, though.

I, for one, am glad that you helped her. The way you kept fighting is inspirational to all of us other keepers. :)

8leglock

Arachnopeon
It's sad when anyones pet passes, that much worse when you try as hard as you did to revive her. I'm sure she is in a better place. you did everything you could I'm sure melly knew that. Well now the healing process for you can start. Feel better and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are all here if you need.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im so sorry for your loss. I have been following this since the begining and Im proud to say that I wish there where more people in the hobby that cared as much as you. I know it will be very hard for you, but maybe you could try disection to see what is inside her?

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aww, Ixi. I was so hoping for a happy ending. I hope you feel better each day.

On the plus side, you've given the T hobby some good info on caring for sickly Ts. I hope that knowledge can help you through this time.

{{hugs to you}}

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
Thank you everyone... It's so hard for me to grasp the fact she is gone. I look at her ICU enclosure and her normal one like normal to check on her like I used to and then I realize she's not here. It's upsetting but i'm glad she isn't suffering. I really hope I made the best decision. It pains me to even think that I took her life. In a way I didn't take her life, I gave her peace.

zonbonzovi Haha thanks but I'm okay. I have 3 little rcf rosies to raise. I wouldn't be able to look at a normal colored g. rosea for a while. Melly was my baby girl.

Embers To Ashes It has crossed my mind to perhaps try a dissection. However I don't believe I am going to, I couldn't do it. Too hard for me to even look at her curled self :(

Again thank you everyone who has stuck to this thread and gave me hope. Perhaps this story will be useful to someone in the future.

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
I'm really sorry about Melly, I've been following this since the beginning; I just wanted to say that I think you're an amazing person for being so dedicated to helping your 8-legged friend out. She was really adorable, and I'm glad she isn't suffering anymore.

R.I.P Melly, you'll be missed.

Slevin

Arachnosquire
i know it has been a few days since the last post but just know that a fellow washingtonian is incredibly impressed with your determination and sincere love for your friend. this thread was one of the main reasons i joined up here. hope you're doing alright and i'm so glad melly had such a great keeper. i wish you all the best in your future tarantula endeavors!