Melly, the G. rosea with a LOT of issues!

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I'm rooting for Melly, if that means much. She's such a little fighter. I'm hoping that she'll pull through for you. You've done a wonderful job of trying to help her.

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
After work I found Melly half curled. She can barely move. Her mouth seemed wet at least but i'm not sure if thats from today's attempted syringe hydration or what. I put her face forward into a water dish and made sure her book lungs aren't in it. She isn't moving and usually when I do that she protests by getting up and moving away from it.. To be honest guys, i'll be surprised if she makes it these next couple days. :(

Idk if I should leave her like that because i'm not sure she could get out if she wanted to. She'll be alright so long as her lungs aren't submerged right?

HighFlyer

Arachnosquire
I've never attempted to put a spider in a water dish like that, so I'm not the best judge. But, it would make sense that if her lungs are out of the water she should be OK. I'm really pulling for Melly. Think positive thoughts and keep a close eye on her like you have been and hopefully she'll make it. Good luck.

8leglock

Arachnopeon
Again I do sympathize with you :(. My king baboon just passed the other day. Tried water cricket soup an icu followed almost any idea I could but guess it wasn't enough. Even after 10 days The awesome guys at petcenterusa were kind enough to work with me. Very good people over there. Hope u have a better outcome than I . Again good luck prayers for you.

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
HighFlyer Thank you. I'm hoping for the best too...I couldn't bear to chuck her in the freezer. Sounds unfair to me. I wish we had a better way of telling if a T is suffering.. gah, idk.

8leglock Thats horrible :( I'm very sorry for your loss. How long had it been since you discovered the goo that she passed?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sorry that she has not bounced back,but I think you have just delayed the inevitable. Now,I am not one to think of spiders as being able to suffer or feel,but that one is just pathetic,and if it could talk it might just beg you to let it pass........The obt I told you about with the same condition got to the point that it could not even walk properly a few days ago,and I had to do what was best for the spider and put it in the freezer.It is terrible to think about,but as long as it has been with no real progress,it may be the best option.I know that if I were that bad off,I would be begging for it.....

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
I'm definitely going to give her a few days before I make that big of a decision

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would really start considering it,as it has been in a miserable condition for quite a while now.The OBT I had was in this state for MONTHS,and it became clear that it was not going to be on the up and up anytime in the next decade.It sucks,its hard,but holding on just does not seem like the best option for her.Personally I think the time to make the decision has been at hand for a while now,considering she has had way more downs than ups,and shows zero signs of improvement.I am not a huge freezer advocate,but prolonging the inevitable is not going to help matters at all.It is only making you feel better by knowing she is still there...I hope you know that I am not being a jerk,just trying to end that spiders obvious discomfort.To me it is like keeping Granny on the machine just because she is still technically "alive".

Last edited:

Vespula

Arachnodemon
:cry: I'm sorry that she's taking a bad turn. I'm still praying for her, though. You've done an amazing job of taking care of her, and for that I'm glad. Good luck to her.

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
I will let you guys know is anything comes up or if I choose to let her sleep...

lunashimmer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ixithel, any updates? I'm thinking that with 3 days' passed since you posted last, it's not good... :( ...but still hoping.

Ixithel

Arachnosquire
I have decided..

Last night I discovered Melly in a partial death curl. I flipped her over and dripped water onto her for about an hour and then put her back into an icu over a water dish. This morning she is in a full death curl and I have made my decision to put her to sleep. She was my baby but I cannot let her suffer any longer. I'm crying my eyes out lol. I just really hope I made the best decision for her. I will never regret my decision at buying her from petco, even though I will never do so again, she was the best rosie I have ever had and certainly never going to be replaceable. I thank every single person for their support and advice, even if it was more negative then positive.

Rest in peace little Melly. You were the best T I could have asked for.

Verneph

Arachnosquire
I'm so sorry. I was really pushing for Melly to pull through this.

Though, at the very least you tried. You tried far, far harder when most other T owners would have given up. I know a lot of people argue about whether or not T's understand us as individuals, and while there is a lot of evidence that says they cannot, I can honestly say that if Melly was capable of thought beyond our own understanding then at least she knew there was someone in this world who loved her.

You have my condolences Ixithel. I hope you feel better soon.

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Ah, poo. I know you were attached to her, but if you would like to give it another shot I have a couple very healthy roseas that you can choose from(but only if you make it out to the Puyallup show or the after-gathering;)

takelondon

Arachnosquire
I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful picture you posted of her, try to remember her like that. I've followed her story since the beginning and you should be proud that you gave her a fighting chance. Never have regrets for trying your damnedest to help a suffering animal. You gave her the longest life possible and granted her a graceful death comfortable in your home, not alone and possibly neglected in a pet store.

She's not in pain any more, she's somewhere better now where there are no internal parasites or mites or stuck molts. Requiescat in pace.

-Kendra