Massmorels bent me over hardcore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patexan

Arachnopeon
They didn't say. It still shows as an open claim though, so I'm going to keep pursuing it. I seem to remember when I switch from bank account to credit card to make payment, when it asks if I'm sure, it still says I'm covered...so we'll see.
If you paid with a credit card, than contact the credit card co, and dispute the charge. Good luck.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have been thinking about this

i know for a fact that travis' father has known he is screwing ppl for almost a month now. it seems a bit odd that he is still letting travis use his account

let me go figure out when a buddy of mine first told travis' dad that somethign was rotten in denmark.

meh, can't find it. it's been a cool while, though

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been contacted a couple times by Travis' dad who seems pretty stand up. We'll see where this goes. Pretty sure my 3 little E. cyanognathus are in spidey heaven, but ahem, there was some $$ involved that I still hope to recover. I'm continuing to reserve judgement. For now.

On a more positive note (which is where I need to finish this week!), it's really great to see the support from other folks on this board for those of us who may (or may not*) have gotten (or are still going to get) hosed. Ryan, very generous gesture re: the rufilata. Personally, I have been contacted by several folks with leads on bluefangs (a female {D coming next week I hope!). Swifts has slings right now too. Also several people pm'ed with just words of encouragement. Nice. Oh, and I used to live in Michigan (Sault Ste. Marie), so for all those folks from Michigan that responded that most of you are really stand up, decent humans, I already knew! Everybody have a good weekend, and we'll see what happens next week. Let the saga continue. Tony

Last edited:

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We'll it seems like afew people are getting what they paid for or are being refunded for which i am happy to see.

I however am still owed $800-900 from JUNE! and I have yet to be contacted by anyone.

Corey

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you paid with a credit card, than contact the credit card co, and dispute the charge. Good luck.
I always wonder about that. I have to change my funding account to credit card everytime, it always defaults to bank funding. The "are you sure you want do use a credit card" thing screams "Use your normal bank account!" too (even though all their advantages they list are exactly the same as credit...)

It's as if they know their paypal buyer protection is crap and if you use a credit card they'll actually have to do more than nothing when you dispute it with the credit card co.

mbreptiles

Arachnopeon
Travis and his father

I now know where travis get's his lack of responsibility from, his father... Even though some of you may now jump down my throat for that, let me say this. His father new that several deals had gone bad for quite some time. He continued to let travis use his paypal account to recieve funds, including mine. I contacted Travis's father regarding our transaction after I filed a dispute. He acutally contacted me via email the same time because he noticed I filed a claim and wanted to know what was going on. I hadn't read that email when I called Him (Ray Kotke). Ray told me that he was in Florida and that as soon as he got home Sunday, He would refund the 200.00. Mean while paypal dropped the claim because I did recieve a package (the 10 blue fangs I asked Travis to send me since I was suppost to recieve all of them 2 days after I sent payment and it had been 2 weeks at this point), even though I have emails from Travis stating he still owes me the remainder, which is 10 blue fangs. I still believe that Travis had every intension on screwing me, because when I asked him to send me a picture of the blue fang slings so that I could pre-sell them even though I had no intension on doing so because I don't pre-sell stuff when I don't have it in my hands. Travis told me to only pre-sell 10 in case something happens. Rather odd that "something happened" to the remaining 10 he owed me. Sunday evening I call Ray, and he says that Travis is in the hospital and that he went to Travis's house and there were alot of baby blue fangs there. Hmmm I wonder how many alot is, perhaps the remainder of the so called "dead" ones that someone else did not recieve of half of there sac. Anyway, I asked Ray to please send my funds so that I can be on my way. He stated that he would now be holding off until he talked more to travis. I told him that he did not need to Talk to travis because he could clearly see in the messages and emails that I would forward to him Travis admits to still oweing me 10 blue fangs or a 50% refund. He said that he wanted to try and Talk to travis and see if it was alright to send me the remaining 10 blue fangs. I agreed and gave him the few days he requested. He said to contact him if I hadn't heard from him in 2 days.

I did not hear anything from Ray Kotke for a few days so I decided to call him on Thursday. He stated that he and Travis's girlfriend were going to pick travis from the hospital and that he would now leave it up to Travis to refund or send me my t's. At this point he has now gone back on his word 2 or 3 times himself now (must be where Travis get's it from). I told him that Travis and I had several heated PM's and emails and that his son refused to send me my refund or the T's he owed me. I also stated that he needed to take care of this because I was tired of waiting for both him, and Travis. I came across this transaction today http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=113081&highlight=klassi/pulcher Must be what happen to some of my money, funny thing is someone makes a simple mistake or UPS makes a simple mistake and he starts throwing a fit, blaming people, and it's not even like someone ran off with his money like he did to me and several others. I told Ray that I would be calling my credit card company and would let him chase me around for the full amount if he did not do something about this. Before some of you start freaking out again and telling me how wrong I am for doing this, let me repeat myself. I am not the one that gave travis permission to use his fathers account. His father is the one, basicly vouching for him. I had no idea this was someone elses account, nor that travis had several paypal accounts. If I knew this, you wouldn't be sitting here reading this, because there is only one reason a 28 year old needs to have several paypal accounts, can't use his own, and has to use his father. I think we all know that answer to that. I believe that Ray Kotke knows his son very well from the conversation that he continued to have with me and I stated several times I don't want to get involved or know about his personal life... Since Ray knew all the different things that Travis has pulled in the past, the present, and probably the future, he is just as liable as Travis in my OPINION.

Anyway, my reason for again posting more about this is, we cannot let people like this to do business in our hobbies, business, or anything else. Please file claims and do whatever you can. I was suprised to see that 5 minutes after getting off the phone with Ray for the last time because he was swearing at me, I saw that paypal has re-opened my dispute. I want to thank any of you that have filed claims because that is probably the reason they did re-open it. I also want to say that if you have not filed a claim with paypal, you only have 30 days to dispute the transaction from the date you sent funds. However, if you payed for your transaction through paypal with your credit card, debit card, instead of just taking funds out of your paypal account to pay for it, you probably have atleast 6 months to dispute it with your bank or credit card company. This has now taught me to keep NO funds in my paypal account. As soon as I recieve payment for something I deposit it right into my account instead of letting it float until I purchase something. This way if I get taken on something that I paid for with paypal I have to pay through paypal with my debit card which gives me more pull and time to dispute a transaction. Another words, don't leave funds in your paypal account to pay for stuff. If you are going to use paypal, make sure that your credit card or debit card is used to cover the transaction. This way if like in my case paypal decides 2 minutes after filing a claim they decide to not do anything about it, you can file a claim with your credit card company.

I am glad to see the overwhelming response in PM's that I recieved from all of you supporting what I have done so far about this transaction. It is nice to see that the honest and ethical people in the hobby and trade support eachother.

Last edited:

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lots of blue fangs at his house, Hmmmmm

I am the one who sent him 56(his half of our 50 50) Which he posted for sale before they even got to him:wall: . Then he tells me that the day they arrived that he lost 17. Day two he said he lost 12 more. That is the last update I got as far as deaths but that is already 29 out of 56 dead according to him. So he only had 27 to sell(if they died at all). I almost sent him some out of pitty:embarrassed: but I fortunately came to my senses. Either way at this point all fingers point to this being purposfully unethical. dave

mbreptiles

Arachnopeon
Dave,

Correction, his father (Ray Kotke) said "there were lots of blue fangs at his house when I went by". This is after he already sent me 10 as well! So that would mean he had 17 left according to Travis. Who know's if anyone else was sent any as well... I don't know how mant "lots" is, but I wouldn't doubt it if he was trying to get some freebies out of you as well.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
He has about 20 blue fangs at his place right now. That is all that remains.

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i also got a trade with him..but mine regalis just curls up and die the nextday..i contact him..but no respond...he also got the nerve to tell me b4 dat inccident dat if i dont send his smoke..he come to mine house..man i wish he did..so i could let him noe wat vietnamese peeps is all about....but it's all good ,just a bad xperience..so becareful who u dealing with online...after i read all dis post ,man,he's lucky dat he didnt stop by..mayb he wont make it home anymore...damn scammer..hate people like dat.....hate em...........@#$@^#$%$@&@#$@:embarrassed:

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
.he also got the nerve to tell me b4 dat inccident dat if i dont send his smoke..he come to mine house..

ummm... smoke? sorry, i understand what you are saying, except the part about the 'smoke'? .. .. :eek:

hmm... maybe i do

idk

dan

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i also got a trade with him..but mine regalis just curls up and die the nextday..i contact him..but no respond...he also got the nerve to tell me b4 dat inccident dat if i dont send his smoke..he come to mine house..man i wish he did..so i could let him noe wat vietnamese peeps is all about....but it's all good ,just a bad xperience..so becareful who u dealing with online...after i read all dis post ,man,he's lucky dat he didnt stop by..mayb he wont make it home anymore...damn scammer..hate people like dat.....hate em...........@#$@^#$%$@&@#$@:embarrassed:
I need a translator...

RhettusMaximus

Arachnopeon
massmorels

I'm pretty sure this guy you're talking about is just using a different forum now to sell things... look on tarantulas.us in the forsale section

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Might I suggest the people here having issues with this individual try and help others from suffering the same fate...go to that site, register (the email verification is a bit slow), and post your experiences even if it means just copying and pasting from your input here. Also, might want to point out that his website, CCT, does not go to anything. I PM'd hamsfoto or whatever his name with a brief explanation of why he should be wary with links to this thread and his personal review thread (linked to a page near the end where the trouble really starts brewing).

I have a feeling that the admin of that site will not let anyone post a link to this thread so it is up to YOU to fight this person. DavidRS has done so after Travis tried to tell him he was full of it. Even if he changes his screenname (unlikely, but highly possible) his address', both physical and email, won't and sharp observers will put 2 and 2 together.

Pat Kane was run out of this business by the hobbiests...no reason this can't happen with Travis, at least until he can show he can be trusted again.

pinktoe23

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He very definitely is on Tarantulas.us with a couple of ads. Here's the link: http://www.tarantulas.us/forums/showthread.php?t=7196

Caveat emptor!
and the link to his reviews there:

http://www.tarantulas.us/forums/showthread.php?t=6724

This guy needs to get prosecuted, something tells me he doesn't think scamming and taking people's money without delivering the goods is actually a crime. He obviously doesn't take business ethics too seriously either or thinks no one will be able to press charges and screw him bad. I really hope no one buys from this guy again and the ones that have lost that much money dealing with him can get it somehow by contacting your local authorities and press charges against him. I'm also under the impression this would be a federal matter since the scamming was done through the internet but not sure. :? I'd definetely contact federal authorities to know my rights and resolve the situation though, if this falls under a federal crime then more reason to.

I wish you all the best of luck.

I have a feeling that the admin of that site will not let anyone post a link to this thread so it is up to YOU to fight this person.
but why? I hope not. reviews are reviews no matter if they're posted in another fellow board and do pertain to the subject at hand. If they have reviews on his bad transactions and practices it does serve as a warning to all of us not to deal with someone this shady. I think this thread has been very helpful and emphatic in warning others not to deal with this dude until he resolves his bad dealings and why, I hope everyone can be able to read it and judge for themselves even if they're coming from other boards too. If this thread is linked over there, I hope it doesn't get deleted and stops this guy from getting more people.

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You folks keep your <edit> slinging contests here !

A positive or negative is more than enough to encourage or deter me from business transactions with any seller.

I do not need the details. If I do I'll send you a PM or email.
This guy no longer sells and I think enough has been said from forum to forum.

I see no need for a complete repeat on our board.
We are not a "fellow board" , we are one in our own.

If you think this person has been involved in illegal activity take it up with your legal counsel.

These are old adds and all of you should be aware of the risks by now !

Wayne

Last edited:

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well that was fast....

A PM from
DeTwan:
<EDIT>
We are gonna make sure this guy doesnt screw more people over on this site and all the others.

If you gotta prob with that then... well that is your own lack of morals.

You keep submiting post like the one you just did, your ass will be boycotted as well!"

Nice show of class.

Last edited:

Raihana

Arachnopeon
I'm pretty sure this guy you're talking about is just using a different forum now to sell things... look on tarantulas.us in the forsale section
We are well aware of massmorel's repuutation at Tarantulas.us

A review thread has already been put on moderation because we are a G rated forum.

From what we are given to understand Massmorels is no longer selling tarantulas and his site no longer lists any for sell.

I believe there is enough crossover among the forums to cover all the bases. Please do not join just to reiterate what has already been stated here.

Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.