Massmorels bent me over hardcore!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightmares

Arachnopeon
Ok i got super (place 4 letter word here)by this guy i bought 20 Blue Fangs off him from him for $500.00. i sent him the $500.00 guess what he sent me. NOTHING!!!! got love how that works now he won't take PM's anymore... WooHooo! I got bent over!!! Sweet Deal!!:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

12/14/06
(ME)I would like to buy 20 @ $500 ($25ea.)
thank you
Scott Crowe

(HIM)No problem, please PayPal to kleenax@gmail.com
Shipping is $22 overnight w/ heatpack (if needed).
Please PM me here with your current shipping address once payment has been sent.
Thanks!

12/15/07
(ME)money sent
Send them to:
Scott Crowe
Crowebar
#### Main St
Coventry ## #####

(HIM)Payment received.
I will be shipping after the holidays.
Merry Christmas

12/16/06
(ME)Is there any chance you can ship them out before the holidays?
thanks
Scott

(HIM)We just got 4 ft. of snow, temps are in the teens.. I cant afford to replace 20 BFs. So chances are slim to none..
shipping really is up to the weather at this point. If its after the holidays, I will toss in an extra or two for the wait.
Trust me.. its worth the time. I had 17 DOAs just to get them here. I dont want anymore getting them out. And neither do you..

12/25/07
(HIM)the little buggers are turning really dark and are days away from molting and being shippable. Let me know if you'd like some before and after pics or something. Just thought Id touch base, and wish you a Merry Christmas!

1/06/08
(ME)when can you ship those blue fangs?

1/13/08
(ME)dude are these things ready yet it's getting to the point i don't even want them any more?
(HIM)Your order is being shipped tomorrow.
(ME) Can i get the trcking # for the T's?

1/14/08
(HIM)I was unable to ship them today. I had to fill an order for 1200 Ts today, and needless to say that consumed my entire day. Your order will be shipped first thing tomorrow morning. Its top priority...

now he dose'nt take any more PM's ::singing to myself:: who got bent over, I got bent over,who got bent over, i got bent over- This song just rolls off ya- lips who wants to sing it with me? anyone?

Last edited:

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not looking good

Apparently banned from the boards, therefore no PM's.
That's what I know. I'm trying his email to see if he'll respond.

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im sorry to see that Travis Kotke scammed you guys aswell. I am still owed 800-900 from a transaction in march/june. I posted a negative review on his thread as did afew others to try to prevent any future incidents like this unfortunatly it whent unnoticed or ignored by afew unlucky people. With this recent blue fang scam of his i would be amazed if he is ever allowed back on, I know that he's surely on my black list for good.

Corey Greene

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Travis is in the hospital at the moment. I am not defending him, I have a transaction in the air right now with him as well. But I just thought everyone should have an update.
I hope he makes good on his dealings when he gets out. If he does not, well then we all get screwed, but I think there is a good chance he will do something to correct all this. He has after all been trying a lot lately to get better.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey I will be the first to say that right now it looks bad, and might really be bad in the end. But for me I don't see the point in going on and on about something that can't be fixed at this moment one way or another. Everyone has a right to be mad, and I would be mad too with the amounts of money that we are talking about. My deal is only 220, but hey it's still 220 and I hope I get what I paid for.

arachi american

Arachnopeon
i dont buy it.

ive heard all the stories. he tried to kill himself. his mom is dead. his girlfriend is pregnant. he's moving to hawaii. he can't make his rent so he calls people up at 2am trying to get them to paypal him money....

i'm the guy that had the MM blue fang that caused all this hubub in the first place. travis called me crying about not being about to pay rent, so he sold me a 3 inch or so "female". well a month or so later it molted out MM and we worked out a deal for 50/50's on 2 sacs he said "his" females produced after i sent the male back to him along with a clutch of irminias i produced.

apparently he didnt have any females, but a couple other folks did. many of you have paid him for these spiders and not received shipment. others have gotten half shipments or bogus 50/50 deals with the guy.

personally he owes me $$ for 21 irminia slings, and 46 cyanognathus clings (he claims 23 died), plus 10 bluefang slings themselves that i have promised out to other folks.

he claims a MM a.geniculata i sent him didnt make it, not sure what to believe. the same shipment had a MM chaco he said was fine and went out to breed, never heard a thing about those either.

ive tried to contact him via phone, email, IM, PM, myspace, and by public bulletin on here before he was banned. i know he still reads the threads. i know he's been on myspace. even if it was just his girlfriend logging on and he IS in the hospital, he should have got the message.

all i can say is i'm glad i'm not OUT any money. he may have profited off me and the animals i sent him, but at least he didnt get my money. everyone that has paid him for somethign he hasnt delievered on, i feel genuine remorse for. sending him those stupid spiders has caused a lot of people grief.

-mike

bluegootty

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well mine xperience with him was alright..even though he was a little delay with shipping and told me he was gona put freebie but nothing came...(freebie)but i was glad to receive mine spiders from him even though they r not in good condition...if he does get in a car accident i hope he'll b alright ..but as far as im concern ..... he told me he was moving to hawaii,,dat y he was selling alots of his T..but again who noes...might b he decide to turn into a crook after i've read most of the threads here....life is unpredictable u noe???Well i just hope dat u all get wat u paid for....:(

Last edited:

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hope?

I was contacted by Travis's father today who seems interested in making things right. I'm reserving judgement on this deal pending further communications. In the mean time, I'm cutting them all some slack and hoping that everything turns out ok. Will keep you all posted. Tony

miarachnids

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Can You Say Pat Kane

I am from Michigan, Like Travis. As far as I'm concerened he is giving all of us from Michigan a bad name.
This type of scamming as happened on the Arachnoboards before. almost 10 years ago. His name was Pat Kane. those of you that have been on here awhile will remember him. He scammed alot of people ( including me) Just like Travis. People keeped sending him money though. Even after many bad post were made about him. Just like travis. I know people want to give him the bennifit of the doubt. But please. Don't send these people money when you see they have negitive posts. Thats why these reviews are here.
I delt with Travis before. I drove to lansing to pic up the sling i purchased from him. So i had no problems. But other people here in michigan have told me that he tried to scam them.Then I started seeing negitive post about him. So i never delt with him again.
I saw the same pattern in him as I saw in Pat. So please reserch the people you buy from. Check the reviews here and on other sites And don't let people like Travis and Pat Kane have there way with you.
Oh yeah, It's not a good idea to sell or buy slings that are not hatched.
Ever heard the saying " never count you chickens before your eggs have hatched". You never know what will happen.

My 2 cents weather you want it or not

David Richards

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Blue fangs

I recieved the male and bred him to my females on a standard 50 50 loan. One female produced a sac the other didn't. The sac that was laid in october was opened and split. At the point I shipped them they were one molt past eggs with legs(fist instar?, i should know that:confused: :D ). Before Christmas I contacted Travis and told him that I could ship them but that I only had a cheesy 20 hour heat pack and I was willing to wait until some 40 hour packs arrived. He responded saying to go ahead and ship with the 20 hour pack. I didn't research the temps on his end(probably should have) because he said go ahead and ship. Apparently it was really cold on his end and he had losses. I specifically asked if the packing job was good and he said there was nothing wrong with the packing job. I felt terrible that he was losing so many of them, and told him I might do something with my remaining half to help out. Having time to think I realized that I had no further responibilities past what I did. I bred them and did my end of the work(months and months) and shipped him his half as per his request. I hate that it turned out bad for him in the end. 56 was what I sent(I think I sent a few extra), and he lost around 17 i believe on the first day and 10 or so more the second day. The problem with this is they were posted for sale the day I dropped them in the mail. I think he counted his eggs before they hatched so to speak. I still haven't listed my half yet even though they have molted and are ready to start eating for the simple reason that I don't want to have to cancel orders due to death on my end after commitments. Lets face it, we are dealing with bugs here. So much can go wrong even if you do everything right. I am not here to say anthing negative about travis, I think he is down on his luck and didn't catch the breaks he was hoping for. If he took payments and spent the money before getting confirmation of delivery then that was a mistake we can all learn from if we didn't already know better. I am not sure if there was a second sac he was depending on from another source or not. That is my account and I wish the best to all who are involved including travis. dave

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
I am from Michigan, Like Travis. As far as I'm concerened he is giving all of us from Michigan a bad name.
This type of scamming as happened on the Arachnoboards before. almost 10 years ago. His name was Pat Kane. those of you that have been on here awhile will remember him. He scammed alot of people ( including me) Just like Travis. People keeped sending him money though. Even after many bad post were made about him. Just like travis. I know people want to give him the bennifit of the doubt. But please. Don't send these people money when you see they have negitive posts. Thats why these reviews are here.
I delt with Travis before. I drove to lansing to pic up the sling i purchased from him. So i had no problems. But other people here in michigan have told me that he tried to scam them.Then I started seeing negitive post about him. So i never delt with him again.
I saw the same pattern in him as I saw in Pat. So please reserch the people you buy from. Check the reviews here and on other sites And don't let people like Travis and Pat Kane have there way with you.
Oh yeah, It's not a good idea to sell or buy slings that are not hatched.
Ever heard the saying " never count you chickens before your eggs have hatched". You never know what will happen.

My 2 cents weather you want it or not
I too have delt with Travis and on one deal he drove down to my neck of the woods for a trade. The only gripe I have and it is not much of one at all is I never got the huntsman he said he would give me. I am sure he forgot.
I know Bryan well and will allways deal with him. On a side note there was never a 4ft snowfall this year in the whole state on Michigan.
Like Bryan said we are not all bad up here

UrbanJungles

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just to add to this post...
I am one of the lucky few to recover my money after Travis tried to scam me...it took a few days but after alot of nasty exchanges (paypal claim, the whole 9) he finally gave in. I have tried to steer as many people as I know as clear of him as possible.

Needless to say, his excuse back then (a few months ago) was that he had tried to commit suicide and was in the hospital. I don't know how much of this is true but it's quite the coincidence. Either way, NOT someone you want to send money to. Even if he completes the occasional sale for a positive review, Travis is not to be trusted.

I have been lucky enough to deal with several people from Mi including my man Apple and they are all good folks. Travis K is the only bad apple I've run into up that way.

Stay warm,

arachi american

Arachnopeon
id like to know....

how he could get himself banned from a/b from the hospital.

he's been on myspace in the last couple days. he's around.

side note: he told joe (messiah35) that my 10 bluefangs were molted, healthy, and ready to be shipped via yahoo messenger something like 2 or 3 days ago. his only reason for not shipping was he did not have my address, when i had been trying for weeks prior to get ahold of him. my sent messages showed as read.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I ordered 5 bluefangs, he shipped me 2. I guess from that end it worked out ok, but I'm still out the money on the 3 I never got.

The name Pat Kane was almost deleted from my memory...he got me a couple years back for $200 as well.

Man, you've gotta love people...it's things like this that make people wary to buy anything online...

Well, let's see what happens and keep each other updated.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It'd be interesting to add up all these E. cyanoganthus slings that people are owed. Seems like he "sold" an awful lot of them.

Eric
Should we all post what we've ordered and not received from him?

I can start:

3 E. cyanognathus
10 P. irminia
1 P. rufilata adult female
1 P. pulcher adult female
1 H. gigas adult female

5 OBT slings I'm not worried about really...

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Travis does not have a myspace.
He is in the hospital i've personally spoken to his girlfriend. Any orders he has taken will be taken care of or refunded. Just hold your horses. All i will say is if you think Bashing him is going to make him more willing to refund you you are a fool. All you are going to do is piss him off. So the best thing you can do is Wait a week or 2. If you want to know the situation PM me. I will tell you what I know and I can also Speak with his girlfriend. However Do not harass me.

Staley

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aghh, I really didnt wona post anything, but
this is just caught my eye 'Occupation: Tarantula breeder, distributor'
Really hope he make well with everyone who got hurt

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I guess he does have a myspace.

For anyone who has placed an order. I am asking you to have patients. I have complete Faith that your order will be taken care of in the next 1 to 2 weeks.
Please do not file complaints with paypal. He is using his fathers paypal account. If you File complaints you will be causing someone who has no involvement in this situation a hassle. Infact you would be causing trouble for the one person who is getting your orders processed. Once again if you have any questions please PM me instead of posting on here.

Staley

Status
Not open for further replies.