Making a video series on how to ship

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found the blooper video hilarious despite your growing frustrations {D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Me showing the basic techniques of handling, sort of cheating using a really really docile female. It's hard as hell to film and handle at the same time, but I think the ground level basic techniques covered in it are pretty sound for handling harmless scorps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wKJWLN-g0

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice. My video is the first one that comes up in the related searches for the handling :D

I never knew that you could use epi-pens for that purpose. My ex-friend who used to live with us was allergic to peanuts, so we had to keep a couple of those pens lying around (and stop eating PB&J sammiches :(). They're not too cheap either! But, if it saves your life, it's worth every penny.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Any requests as far as care or if you need some aspect of the hobby explained? Slowly running out of ideas until my next shipment gets in.

Athlon2k2

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe making a setup for a burrowing species. You know wetting/drying sand the whole bit.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe making a setup for a burrowing species. You know wetting/drying sand the whole bit.
I don't keep many (none) burrows, other than a scorpio maurus which does not want to burrow, otherwise I would lol. {D

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't keep many (none) burrows, other than a scorpio maurus which does not want to burrow, otherwise I would lol. {D
i could loan you my desert hairy but he is kinda done with the whole movie stardom thing...lol{D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just use priority shipping and a small box, should only cost $8-10.

edit: If your box is 8x8x8" and weigh less than 2 pounds it will cost $5-6 to ship via priority usually, still gotta buy the box ($2).

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just a request for future videos
maybe some on breeding/keeping centruroides specificley, and maybe some info on the more uncommon species :)

Rick

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just a request for future videos
maybe some on breeding/keeping centruroides specificley, and maybe some info on the more uncommon species :)

Rick
Will do.

In the meantime, here is a "tour" of my "facilities" as well as showing off the area right around my place where I do some collecting and watching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALSKs9cqcm0

Just me messing around.

The next video like I said will be shipping in HEAT and that will be tomorrow. Then the next one will be removing babies after they have molted out of 1i safely. Then I will get to your requests bobtard.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
"always necessary on cribs is to show you my whips, i got this one sitting on who the hell knows what?!" hahaha made me laugh a little bit
good stuff{D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You should let us comment. :)
It's not you I'm worried about. Last year I allowed comments and all these PETA people came out saying how cruel I was being to the "thinking" and "feeling" bugs.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alternative housing for babies, this particular example is for bark scorpions, but you can easily adapt it to any species. Remember any small round container works (ziplock/gladware), they can be found at any grocery store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AlU3TM844

Video coming in 10-20 minutes: Removing babies.