Making a video series on how to ship

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok so I started with a fairly obscure and unique video (instead of the standard shipping method), but thats because I was bored. Future videos will cover all the basics. A lot of time collectors out in Texas and such are WILLING to send, they just don't know HOW to ship. Hopefully this series, when complete, will alleviate the need to explain the same thing over and over.

This video is primarily aimed at people who ship a lot domestically and want to save a ton of money (shipping recently went up at most places). Keep in mind also you can put the Styro Foam in the DVD box and THEN in the envelope and still be charged for the envelope, not the package.

I'm not sure how customs work overseas, so I'm just including them because I know a lot of people on here are for different countries. Letters fly through customs, packages don't.

Read the disclaimer on the video: This is NOT intended to show people how to "smuggle" stuff, shipping live animals overseas from the US to other countries is illegal without the proper license. Keep that in mind, and don't do anything dumb! :embarrassed:

More videos to come, covering the basics, but I started with this one since it will help a lot of people save money on shipping, this envelope could be shipped for $3 versus $11-12 for a box, both via priority.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jPRBktH2ur4

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FP1Qey0fnk

Recycled from one I made last year. taught atleast 454 people how to pack according to YouTube! I just changed the music, and added the fact that YES i realize the scorpion is dead. And yes, i "have the *guts*" (youtube comments!!!) to do it with a live scorpion. This is just a place holder for now, but its really effective.

I also disabled commenting because the general public doesn't understand us scorp folks {D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rate them if you like them and want more, since I disabled comments it's the only form of feedback I get!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Decided to make a whole video series, not just shipping, but all aspects of the hobby. Perfect for newcomers, its a lot easier to show than it is to explain. Send them videos instead of answering the same stuff over and over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3vo-BJ_K4

Covering basic caging. Unpacking will come tomorrow.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
just watched your video, very well done! i didnt know how to ship until this... perhaps you could make one with a live specimen? maybe a larger one?:rolleyes:

bjaeger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice videos!! You should make a video on how to pack larger scorpions.

I love the envelope concept. It's so sneaky!{D

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just watched your video, very well done! i didnt know how to ship until this... perhaps you could make one with a live specimen? maybe a larger one?:rolleyes:
I don't know if you're being sarcastic (because i say I will redo it with a live one all over the video lol) but I intend to make one on unpacking and then repack a live one, might cover handling today as well, just depends on how soon I get my errands done.

talljosh003

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't know if you're being sarcastic (because i say I will redo it with a live one all over the video lol) but I intend to make one on unpacking and then repack a live one, might cover handling today as well, just depends on how soon I get my errands done.
lol sorry it was kinda late when i watched it, i wasnt completely focused. but yes how to do a large specimen that was alive would be a great help :worship:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OK so I filmed the packing of the larger scorp, that will be posted in an hour or so. I tried using to small of a vial at first and it all went wrong it essentially turned into a blooper reel where I try packing a scorp but it all goes wrong, mostly because I filmed it about 2 minutes after I cremated my gecko and was still anxious about that. It does show some good techniques on what to do if a scorp is climbing up your tongs though :)

In the meantime here is how to setup baby cages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTJD1Zfb39Y

Unpacking, packing larger things, and the blooper reel still to come this evening.

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just packed up some T's and scorps using this method, very helpful!
btw, in the bloopers, what sp is that?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, nice.
should post some collection/breeding pics ;)
EDIT:just saw the arrival of scorps vid, they are HUGE.heterometrus sp?
rick

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, nice.
should post some collection/breeding pics ;)
EDIT:just saw the arrival of scorps vid, they are HUGE.heterometrus sp?
rick
Indeed, I just put them all in a cage together, the females all seem gravid. two males are at least 8 inches from tip to tail. :}