ive said this 100 times but this time its differnt

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
now is cannabalism a big problem? i dont have that many cages!and i knew it was alot but what was i suppose to do?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but seriously can you help me at all instead of stalling? arachnoboards point was to help other people in the hobby wasnt it? and its not a get quick rich scheme! its a save me money scheme
Ok well here is your hint at how hard this will be.
http://www.wormman.com/cat_mealworms1.cfm
That link is to one of MANY sites selling various feeder/bait insects. You can get 5,000 meal worms for $40 bucks and shipping.

(that is not even one cent each, it's a fraction of a cent).

So unless you have a way to start competing with that kind of price, (and it is lower for sales to chain stores and bait shops) then you are better off keeping them to feed to your one T and Ts in the future you might own.

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think one of the biggest problems you have is that you are paying $2 for 5 mealworms. You could find somewhere else to get them from, or switch to crickets and get them from your local pet store. Surely you'd only be paying about 5 cents per cricket? Much better value.

Save the difference for you-know-what!

By the way, I love this thread.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
my local petstore is about 10 miles away and my gram doesnt like traveling and i can get crickets but 3 times in a row i went to the place i get them from that is downtown and she wasnt home. and its about every week or 2 i go downtown.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Alright guys, we've had enough fun at the kid's expense, eh?

@ original poster
When I was your age I collected nightcrawlers form my yard at night during/after a heavy rain... I sold them at local campgrounds for $1 a dozen. If you practice, you can pull up a dozen every 5 minutes. At least where I was in the country you could.

Anyway, no one here is trying intentionally to be mean... those that are being mean, it probably just comes naturally for them and they're not paying attention. Point is, no one is trying to crush your dreams or get down on you or anything. Everyone is merely trying to vicariously guide you through avoiding the rather disappointing situation that we all know you are setting yourself up for. We all thought the world was different when we were 11... people here are just trying to help you see it for what it is, so you can be that much better-equipped to deal with it.

You will not make money the way you are thinking by breeding mealworms. Period. That's all people are trying to say... you can supplement a T collection by breeding them, sure (they shouldn't be exclusive feeders, I wouldn't think), but you won't make money wholesaling them to local pet stores. 11 is very young to be able to get a "real job", and the sad fact of the world is that sometimes we have to wait for things... so, rather than set yourself up for disappointment by doing this, people are merely encouraging you to find something realistic. Maybe someone in your neighborhood needs their dog walked and would give you a dollar to do it a few times a week? Who knows... best of luck...

-MrI

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i know i wont make a profit but if i get to many and also i pay $2 for 5 of them at the bait shop. the reason i was just geting so mad is i kept trying to get information for so long and only now i am getting some decent info.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow your paying 40 cents per meal worm. Are super worms 5$ then lol They anrt hard to breed but you wont make anythign seeling them. I guaranty that if you gave them away for free then assumed you sold each one that you gave away for 1cent that it still wouldnt be worth it not even factoring in the time or money it took to get that far. Get a new sourse for feeders cuz i seriously think they are conning you or your in antartica and they have to special order them for you. Where are you from? Im from canada and its only 2c each ans canada is usually more then usa and its 2c each. I wouldnt even know if it would evne be worth it to breed them for one t or to pay 40 cents each (5$ per month) or to breed them and have alot, but it woudl cost for the materials, time, food, cleaning and plus they can smell.

Why would you get mad that we arnt spoon feeding you? Google something it takes 2 seconds and will give you all you need to know. The use of some decent format in your writhing could help people understand what your actually asking. But... people keep saying it not going to work, yet you keep insisting. Your waiting for what you want to hear, but its just not coming. Put some time and effort and do your own research. Its ok to ask others advice, but get the basics by yourself dont just post a topic that basically says "I want to do something, but ive done no research. Teach me everything i need to know"
At least do research and make some more direct posts

Last edited:

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pennsyvania the usa but i know its alot but as i said my cricket supplier isnt ever at home now (started a partime job and her husband has a job to so they arnt at home only there kids but they wont get me some crix =(

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
overall i think i might ditch the idea but what should i do? i got 1 t so geting 1k of them is to many

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there ripping you off big time

try breedeing them, dont try breedign them, it doesnt bother me, go into it not expecting profit, but mayby to get 1$ over breaking even. Have a yard sale and get rid of some stuff you dont want it will bring you much more money then mealworms

DFox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
http://askville.amazon.com/underage-money/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4589534

Check that link out, some good ideas in there, also some things that have already been mentioned.

This was my favorite part:

"One really important thing to keep in mind: if you are a minor, you already have a job. That job is to go to school and prepare yourself to be a contributing member of society. Don't convince yourself that everything you want is truly a necessity in your life. Keep in mind that fulfilling your potential as a successful, happy adult is more important than simply having money or material possessions right now."

Good luck. :)