ive said this 100 times but this time its differnt

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
one thing i got a real iq test secondly i know that iq means basically i have the ABILITY to be smart this is exactly what i hate about ab ranters who dont have a single idea what they are talking about most of the time the ranters are more educated and actully provide a little bit of useful information and i know im ranting right now but people dont have to insult me

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and yea i dont pay attention to spelling to much on ab or sentence structure and you know whats really werid? i mispronounce and everything
You should at least try.

one thing i got a real iq test secondly i know that iq means basically i have the ABILITY to be smart this is exactly what i hate about ab ranters who dont have a single idea what they are talking about most of the time the ranters are more educated and actully provide a little bit of useful information and i know im ranting right now but people dont have to insult me
You are 11, the fact of the matter is you really don't know anything right now. You have the right enthusiasm for the hobby, but you have a lot to learn.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You should at least try.

You are 11, the fact of the matter is you really don't know anything right now. You have the right enthusiasm for the hobby, but you have a lot to learn.
i know i have alot to learn but im open to learning and getting some info on what i want to learn :)

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i only have one t currently and i think i can handle 5 ts currently without breaking the bank so yea and if i breed mealworms i have no doubt i can supply for all my t's

edit: finally someone who agreed with me on the breeding a little bit. you people just rant and rant when i ask for a simple awnser!
^from the first page
if you can't afford to even buy 5 t's, you cant afford to keep them. Point is, dont spend more then you can afford to loose. Also i dont think anyone agreed with you on your view that breeding mealworms will make you any money besides saving a couple dollars on feeding your own collection. You said you only have 1 t so even breeding to feed your own collection would be pointless. You want a simple answer? Its not the one you wanted, but its the truth.. you will not make any money selling meal worms unless your a conartist and can somehow trick people into thinking there worth more then a penny. If you think of all the time you put in to breedign them for a couple $ as well as the cost for food and containors, its simply not worth it plain and simple. There is no need for you to listen to any of us and go ahead and start breeding them, just dont be suprised when it doesnt work out likk you planned. My suggestion is get a paper route or something. Its not much money, but its enough. I bought a 125gal (6ftx18") aquarium setup (1000$) with money i earned from a paper route (your smart eh?- I got i think it was $0.06 per paper..How many papers did I have to deliver?) Point is if you want something you have to work for it.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
again i know it might not work and i know it takes cash i already have a small cage and i would sell them if i can if they wont buy ill make my deal cheaper like 2 worms for a penny but the point is i want to try something. mabey ill get lucky i dont know but im willing to try. when i asked i wanted instrutions on how to not if it wont work i know it wont as i said but i at least am going to try

oh and also its saving up for the t's that is the problem i can maintain them without problem.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok ill ask this is it more offordable to pay $2 for 5 worms or go downtown and get crickets but have to wait a week or to to get more and likely go when there not home (this happened 3 times in a row now) or breed the worms so i dont have to pay or not get my t food for a week or more

DFox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd like to help but I'm going to need a translator in this thread because I really cannot understand what you're saying. (Or trying to say?)

If you need money when I was around your age I worked under the table for a local pizza shop just folding pizza boxes all day. It wasn't much but then again don't expect to make much no matter what you do.

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You won't make any money trying to breed mealworms! Don't you get any pocket money you can save up instead?

The market for 'magic beans' is booming right now, though.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd like to help but I'm going to need a translator in this thread because I really cannot understand what you're saying. (Or trying to say?)

If you need money when I was around your age I worked under the table for a local pizza shop just folding pizza boxes all day. It wasn't much but then again don't expect to make much no matter what you do.
another problem im allergic to milk eggs treenuts shelfish and peanuts and yes peanuts arnt treenuts there not even nuts

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
You won't make any money trying to breed mealworms! Don't you get any pocket money you can save up instead?

The market for 'magic beans' is booming right now, though.
$28 a month and it takes me 3 months to get $60 so you can see my problem

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as i said the worms are $2 for just 5 of them so breeding could turn cheaper and if i get to many which i will instead of making environmental issues by dumping them i could sell them to my bait shop

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Paper round it is then. But what is the problem with saving your money instead of your get-rich-quick scheme?
Saving money is old school, we are Americans gosh darn it! Getting rich quick is the only choice we have. {D

as i said the worms are $2 for just 5 of them so breeding could turn cheaper and if i get to many which i will instead of making environmental issues by dumping them i could sell them to my bait shop
Two dang bucks for 5 worms? You are getting taken to the cleaners my friend!
I think I got 1000 for $16 bucks and shipping last time I got them.

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
buy quanities that last longer. meal worms can be kept in the fridge you know. Also if you sell them at a fraction of a penny, that doesnt even cover the couple dollar bag of wheat germ, oats or whatever you decide to feed them.

To breed them:
when they pupate (into the albino looking grub/beetle cross) remove them into another containor to where they can hatch without getting canabilized. Then move the beetles into another container. As long as they are kept at room temp or a bit more, they will breed. They lay eggs then they eggs hatch into tiny meal worms. They then climb into the substrate and grow. You could try keeping them all in the same container, but there wil lbe more canabilism. The substrate i use is oats, wheatgerm, fish flakes, dried algae, dry milk nut (and coupel other things) mix as well as somthign for liquid or they will canabilize eachother for it. Do a google seach and you will find tons of info on breedign them. Also in you last post when you said "pay 2$ for 5 worms" i hope it was either a typo or you arnt refering to mealworms b/c if you are paying that for mealworms, you are gettign robbed and no wonder you have no money. I pay 2 cents each and less per dozen or hundred...

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
but seriously can you help me at all instead of stalling? arachnoboards point was to help other people in the hobby wasnt it? and its not a get quick rich scheme! its a save me money scheme

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I want to say the mealworm thing is a brilliant idea, but simply can't!

You'd be better off cleaning cars down your street for a few $ a time than the mealworm thing. Buy some Turtle Wax, a bucket and cloths, go knock on some doors!