ive said this 100 times but this time its differnt

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ok you all know how i have 1 t and have alot of smarts in the feild. well i want another t but dont have alot of cash. i was thinking to sell meal worms to bait shops as i just bought some and put them in an old 5 gal tank i have and i think its impossible not to breed them. well anyway it would be cheap meal worms for the shops so they would buy from me. ok so the real problem is price of tarantulas. i want to buy from someone who has alot of exsperience and alot of people are saying is good. but most of all is price im looking for an a avic or b. smithi sthat is either .5 inch to 1 inch or female but really young and cheap

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ill tell you know, meal worms breed very easily, however you wont make any profit unless you breed at a mass scale. At stores they sell for 1-2cents each so if you sold to a store you would be gettign less then a cent each. The sale would cost more for gas to drive there plus all the costs of containers and food for the meal worms. IMO its not nearly worth it. The only feeder that has any chance of making profit (not much) is horn worms or silkworms sicne they can sell for a couple bucks a piece so its a larger profit margin.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and another thing, you shouldnt be increasing your collection if you cant afford it. Slings are generally under 20$ and most half that so if you cant afford that, you shoudlnt be in this hobby untill you can. Im spendin probably 20-30 per month on feeders alone for my collection (not just t's).

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ill tell you know, meal worms breed very easily, however you wont make any profit unless you breed at a mass scale. At stores they sell for 1-2cents each so if you sold to a store you would be gettign less then a cent each. The sale would cost more for gas to drive there plus all the costs of containers and food for the meal worms. IMO its not nearly worth it. The only feeder that has any chance of making profit (not much) is horn worms or silkworms sicne they can sell for a couple bucks a piece so its a larger profit margin.
i can bike ride there and i bought mine for $2 and if it is 1 cent then ok because ill have to get rid of them because im not dumping them outside it can cause problems even if they are native because there would be alot more

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i can bike ride there and i bought mine for $2 and if it is 1 cent then ok because ill have to get rid of them because im not dumping them outside it can cause problems even if they are native because there would be alot more
When you reply, i suggest the use of periods "." so your statement doesnt come off as a big rant. 2) if you bought meal worms for 2$ dont expect to make 10$ back. You bought them for 2$ from a mass produced scale (which means more then a 5g can handle). So you bought them just to breed? If you want to save money, you could breed crickets or something (but at only 1 t its not really worth it) for your t's, but your never going to have enough to make selling profitable. BTW if mealworms were native to your land and you dumped 2$ worth onto the ground, you arnt going to have an overpopulation problem.

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You seem rather preoccupied by the idea of making money...quickly...in rather unorthodox and peculiar ways you seem to believe will be easy and cheap for yourself.

Unfortunately, life is not like this. And as you said, and can be seen in the posts listed below, we have heard this all before, and people have given you their honest, logical, and most humble opinions on the topic.

Logically, you will not make a profit off of said idea. Pure and simple.

Sorry kid, but I think you're best bet at making money is a little hard work. (Perhaps reread the ideas in the threads.)

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=128146&highlight=scar+is+my+t

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=127334&highlight=scar+is+my+t

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=122276&highlight=scar+is+my+t+herbal

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its not all for the cash its also for exsperience and i know i might not make a profit but might as well try and it could save me at least a little bit

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
*Shrug*

You don't learn if you don't try.

By all means, go for it, as long as you're not jumping head first into something you can't support in the end. (I.e. More tarantulas.)

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i looked at them links and yea i know it was just that cash was a little tight and i wanted video games t's and thats it i think but yea. hated whenon ab everyone ranted so much about anything i said now people left and new people came so its not as bad

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
and another thing, you shouldnt be increasing your collection if you cant afford it. Slings are generally under 20$ and most half that so if you cant afford that, you shoudlnt be in this hobby untill you can. Im spendin probably 20-30 per month on feeders alone for my collection (not just t's).
I agree, if you can't afford to buy a baby T at that price, then maybe you should wait till you're better off till you have pets.

I currently spend around $150 every month to feed all my pets, snakes, monitors, chameleon, Ts, etc. So you can see why mine is so high, but I wouldn't have them if I couldn't afford it. I wouldn't have 1 if I coudln't afford it. Though, breeding your own feeders isn't bad at all; I've recently(couple weeks/month) started doing this myself. I currently have rats and roaches breeding, and hopefully I can entirely depend on these. I'll by different prey items here and there to vary their diets, but these will be the the staple.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i only have one t currently and i think i can handle 5 ts currently without breaking the bank so yea and if i breed mealworms i have no doubt i can supply for all my t's

edit: finally someone who agreed with me on the breeding a little bit. you people just rant and rant when i ask for a simple awnser!

Last edited:

sean-820

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
meal worms pretty much breed if you put them together at a room temp. Super worms (which i used to breed for a beardie) must be separated individually inorder for them to pupate. They arnt hard to breed and for they same reaseon they arnt profitable.

Ok ill let you in on my secret... If you want to make 100$ from breeding meal worms, start out with 200$

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i only have one t currently and i think i can handle 5 ts currently without breaking the bank so yea and if i breed mealworms i have no doubt i can supply for all my t's

edit: finally someone who agreed with me on the breeding a little bit. you people just rant and rant when i ask for a simple awnser!
I do have to ask, how old are you? :confused:
Just curious.

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
11 i know im young but it doesnt matter i got an iq of over 120 so i have the ability to learn alot and quickly im in the advanced class at my middle school

hairmetalspider

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have to believe that sometimes when the members here are 'ranting', it's simply logic.
(Perhaps just not the logic you want to hear.)

Why don't you go ahead and try it out, and if it doesn't work, then lesson learned. If it does, then fantastic.

Bear in mind every single one of us has only the best intentions of a living creature, and most of who will not hesitate to speak up if there is any questionable circumstances in which they feel said creature will be neglected or improperly cared for. It's nothing personal, at all.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
11 i know im young but it doesnt matter i got an iq of over 120 so i have the ability to learn alot and quickly im in the advanced class at my middle school
Ahh ok everything makes sense now.
Well lil man you have a lot to learn and it sounds like you are determined to learn it the hard way so good luck.
Mow some lawns and earn your Ts, that is my suggestion. That is pretty much what I had to do, that and a lot of weeding lol.

Iq of 120.............stay in school man, and don't skip sentence structure day like I did. :)

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yea one problem with the lawn mowing im weak have bad ashma that why its so hard to find something i can do and also my gram doesnt want me doing that and i have a little problem with asking people if i can do something for them for cash (im just a tad bit shy) and thanks for the help i know im stubborn

scar is my t

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and yea i dont pay attention to spelling to much on ab or sentence structure and you know whats really werid? i mispronounce and everything :( but i sure can make my brain a sponge

DFox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Years later, he'll grow up and learn that online IQ tests aren't anywhere near accurate, and that IQ doesn't really mean a whole lot anyway.