Introduce Yourself

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
Hello from Massachusetts! I'm semi-new to the site, and finally figured out that this probably should have been my first post lol. I currently keep some species of antlions (no idea what) and a small group of whirligig beetles. This site has been a great resource for me in terms of keeping aquatics and general useful info on inverts! Hope to learn more about inverts from other parts of the world ( because there's literally nothing here up north).

RoVa85

Arachnopeon
Whats up, Yall!. I'm not new, but I haven't really ever used arachnoboards as anything other than a resource for research. I feel like its time to get a little more active. This place is a wonderful source of knowledge, and I have learned a ton from the members here. I look forward to being able to help some new hobbyists. Give back, you know? So yeah, I live in Connecticut. I own a bunch of tarantulas, some scorpions, some true spiders, and recently acquired my first centipede (Scolopendra sp mint legs). I've recently been trying my hand at breeding. I have had some successes (Poecilotheria regalis and Hapalopus sp colombia "large") and some failures (Chromatopelma cyaneupobescens), but I don't give up easy. I look forward to sharing some of my experiences and hearing from you guys.
Best!
RoVa85

Lory13

Arachnopeon
Been using these forums for research purposes for a while now, off work and stuck at home until September so figured I'd join in before I start going stir crazy. I live in the great white north, despise the cold though.
Recently had a baby, but otherwise have T's, cats, parrots and reptiles to take care of. Tend to spend a lot of time online in between running around after everything here.
Few of my interests include videogames (a lot of RPGs and MMOs), gardening (huge fan of growing my own produce in the summer, especially more unusual or heirloom varieties) and cooking/baking. Look forward to learning from you all and hopefully contributing to the community!

CoryD

Arachnopeon
Hello all! My name is Cory. I'm in Wisconsin, and I have various interests including reptiles, bicycling, disc golf, camping and now, invertebrates. I found the boards here while reading up on spiders and Scorpions trying to convince the wife that we need some! It was easy to convince her with the scorps but the Tarantulas are a pretty tough sell. Which I think is a bit strange, but I'll take what I can get Thanks for having me, and maybe I'll see you around the boards.

Chimera

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone! I'm a 21-year-old female from Utah and I have been interested in inverts for a long time... I've yet to own one, but I hope some people here can help me decide where to start! I've done a lot of research on here, and I decided it was finally time to sign up. I love animals of all types, especially my cat and my blue-tongued skink! I also love listening to music (particularly Broadway and movie scores), reading (Jurassic Park's probably my favorite), and am in a very serious relationship with my bed currently (I like sleeping, 'kay?). Anyway, I hope to make some friends on here and hopefully learn a lot more about all types of inverts!

BGHAdam

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! My name's Adam, I'm 19 and I've been reading these forums for a couple years now. The amount of knowledge and wisdom about keeping inverts here is unrivaled! I finally decided to join up because I think I'm gonna get my first tarantula soon (thinking aphonopelma chalcodes or g pulchra) and I'd like to be a part of the community. I was a severe arachnophobe for years but I ended that a few years back and I've loved tarantulas and scorpions ever since. I already have a flat rock scorpion, a woma, and a caulker cay boa constrictor and they are all awesome! I plan to expand my scorpion collection as well as get into keeping centipedes in the future because they are some of the coolest animals on the planet. My other hobbies are growing superhot peppers, hunting, fishing, airgunning and just being out in nature. I really look forward to learning more from you all!

Last edited:

mersch

Arachnopeon
Hello again, I joined this site years ago when I had my last T, a Chilean Rose named Mr T the Dinosaurian Tarantula, LOL by my 4 year old grandson. (His reasoning, T for tarantula, and this spider is a big as a dinosaur to other spiders, right Grandma?, LOL). Well, Mr T died 4 years ago :( . He was 19th or 2oth over my 57 years. I haven't gotten any T's since yet, just a cat. Been missing having one around, so I'm back thinking about which one or two I would like to get. don't know why I haven't been around lately. I love this forum! Glad to be back!

cold blood

Staff member
Hello all! My name is Cory. I'm in Wisconsin, and I have various interests including reptiles, bicycling, disc golf, camping and now, invertebrates. I found the boards here while reading up on spiders and Scorpions trying to convince the wife that we need some! It was easy to convince her with the scorps but the Tarantulas are a pretty tough sell. Which I think is a bit strange, but I'll take what I can get Thanks for having me, and maybe I'll see you around the boards.
Hey there, great to see the number of Wisconsinites on the site continues to rise...just a few years ago I felt like the only one.

Message me if you are in or around SE WI, I can help you out with ts...and maybe a scorp;)

MaccaJnr

Arachnopeon
Hi all, Macca here. Total newbie doing some research while I wait for the local store to get some Ts in stock. Found this place while searching for any possible problems with locating my new friends next to my computer where I play my music. I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions and combing through the knowledge already here.

Dakota K

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! My name is Dakota, and I'm 21. I've basically been the "weird girl" my whole life, with snakes, lizards, and geckos as my most loved pets yet never really had any interest in invertebrates. Last year I bought my first tarantula after obsessively watching The Dark Den, and deciding that they're not so different from the other critters I've kept before. Buying my B. vagans has been such a fascinating experience, and I'm excited to expand my collection and use this forum to educate myself on the truly captivating nature of tarantulas and other arthropods. :) <3

LiamMail

Arachnopeon
Chat

I always tell people that unless you have close to 50, a roach colony is too much unless you are ready to sell the surplus.

Your t is one of the slowest growing ts, with one of the lowest food requirements. Because of this, when they are feeding, people tend to feed a lot....because of this, no t you could own will fast as long or as frequently as a rose hair (which comprises several confused Chilean species)...so if it stops eating, its not because it can't handle the prey, it just doesn't want it.
cold blood, thanks very much for the tips! I apologize for my extremely late reply! We are probably close to 50 hissers now, and we're mostly just worried about how cramped they're probably all getting. I've definitely heard from both my colleague in our bug zoo and from other tarantula enthusiasts that G. rosea tend fast for a long time. I'll try posting a thread in T Chat and see where it goes! Thanks again!

spidergweb

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I'm Gwen and I'm from California. My boyfriend and I got our first T (B. albopilosum - most likely hobby form) in May and I've been addicted ever since. The collection has grown since then, and I just got my first two arboreal Ts 3 weeks ago. Our little collection is now at 6 Ts. I'm very fascinated by these creatures and I love learning about them, not to mention keeping them!

Digger77

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone.

My name is Paul and I'm from Ohio. I've been playing with spiders and bugs since I was a little boy. I was that boy who had at least one of every local bug know to man.

When my daughter was little we would go on bug safari to catch garden spiders and praying mantis keeping them in aquariums until she turned 12 and became more of a little woman. Then bugs weren't cool any longer and she moved on to fluffy animals.

I however never lost my love for the. creepy crawley's and after much ressurch I now own a Vicularia Vicularia (pink toe) and an Asian forest scorpion. I got both about 3 months ago and my pink toe molted the first week I got her.

I'm looking forward to meeting many of you guys and gala on here and learning more about the big T's

cold blood

Staff member
When my daughter was little we would go on bug safari to catch garden spiders and praying mantis keeping them in aquariums until she turned 12 and became more of a little woman. Then bugs weren't cool any longer and she moved on to fluffy animals.
No kids here, but i can relate. The neighbor girls were all about the tarantula room...they hit about 12 and almost overnight the room went from fascinating, to eeeewwwww! Gross! :banghead:
Vicularia Vicularia (pink toe)
Its Avicularia, avicularia;)

Welcome to the boards.

Last edited:

Digger77

Arachnopeon
A
No kids here, but i can relate. The neighbor girls were all about the tarantula room...they hit about 12 and almost overnight the room went from fascinating, to eeeewwwww! Gross! :banghead:

Its Avicularia, avicularia;)

Welcome to the boards.
actually I knew that just not sure why I didn't type it that way.. thanks for the correction

MantisRCool

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! I am from Prague, Czech Republic and I've just started keeping tarantulas recently. I've been keeping and breeding praying mantids for two years and a couple months ago I added tarantulas to my little zoo :D At the moment I have Nhandu chromatus, B. albospilosum, P. Ornata, P. rufilata, 2 P. Mettallica, M. balfouri, P. murinus and H. lividum.

leafmialone69

Arachnopeon
Howdie, Natalia here from Orange County, California. 20yrs old
I always have questions about my tarantulas so I'm here to get some help!
I bought my 1st tarantula 7 months ago and now I have 9!
So help a girl out with her important and/or ridiculous questions

RSFoolish

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Shyla. I’m from Canada.
I’m not currently owned by any spiders but I can’t wait to get into the hobby. Just trying to learn as much as I can before I take the plunge :).

Stavka69

Arachnopeon
How do everyone. Nice to be here. Reasonably new to keeping spiders (T's). Joined to pick brains and share useful stuff.

Sinned

Arachnosquire
Hello folks, my name is Dennis. I'm from the Netherlands and just taken an interest in T's.

Here to learn and have a good time on the boards. Decided to read up on it all, before taking the big step.