Introduce Yourself

JeepguyP

Arachnopeon
Long time Scorpion fanatic. Upon discovering the presence of bark scorpions (Carolina Devil?) around the Lake Greenwood area, I was collecting them whenever I wasn't fishing. After that, seeing a Emporer scorp in a pet shop for the first time as a young boy really set the hook in me.

LiamMail

Arachnopeon
I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this right, but hey everybody! I have lurked on these forums before, but I've never actually posted anything. I currently have a Grammostola rosea that my girlfriend and I are keeping as a forever pet from someone who can no longer take care of it. The T eats crickets very well, but we wanted to try our hand at a sustainable roach colony for her to feed on. We now have a (way too successful) breeding colony of Gromphadorhina portentosa, and despite the fact I've gotten the T to eat one once she doesn't seem to be able to handle them now. What would be the best forum on here for me to discuss this with others?

Arachamy

Arachnopeon
I don't own any arachnids, but I sometimes end up interacting with them through my volunteer work at an animal rescue. We accepted four new tarantula surrenders this week, so I'm in research mode.

Rachaelm

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone!:)
Well, my name is Rachael and I've never owned a T in my life..unless you consider feeding a cellar spider every now and then, in the corner of my room a pet ;) I'm a complete newbie. I've always been fascinated in exotic pets though, and have recently, after a LONG wait, been able to order one of my favorite T's, a G. pulchra! I don't have it yet but I joined this forum to ensure any questions I may come across are answered

cold blood

Staff member
I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this right, but hey everybody! I have lurked on these forums before, but I've never actually posted anything. I currently have a Grammostola rosea that my girlfriend and I are keeping as a forever pet from someone who can no longer take care of it. The T eats crickets very well, but we wanted to try our hand at a sustainable roach colony for her to feed on. We now have a (way too successful) breeding colony of Gromphadorhina portentosa, and despite the fact I've gotten the T to eat one once she doesn't seem to be able to handle them now. What would be the best forum on here for me to discuss this with others?
Chat

I always tell people that unless you have close to 50, a roach colony is too much unless you are ready to sell the surplus.

Your t is one of the slowest growing ts, with one of the lowest food requirements. Because of this, when they are feeding, people tend to feed a lot....because of this, no t you could own will fast as long or as frequently as a rose hair (which comprises several confused Chilean species)...so if it stops eating, its not because it can't handle the prey, it just doesn't want it.

Messerschmitt

Arachnopeon
Hello, you may call me Daniel or Messer for short.

I currently reside in Texas and for close to a year now I've had a thing for tarantulas. I used to be afraid but my girlfriend has turned me on to them and their beautiful colors. We have 6 different kinds, 5 of them being mine. Still have a list of like 15 others I wouldn't mind owning one day.

Hope to learn much more from this forum. I already own plenty of books and have been reading online all over for a good year now. Loving this hobby. Not like I need any more hobbies outside of what I have had but this particular one doesnt "take up too much space" like car parts would or fishing/aquarium supplies.

PS: I see a few posts up some fishermen, aw yeah! Lately I've been going for LMB and trying to catch myself a Pumpkinseed Sunfish, the only one I have yet to catch in my area.

Last edited:

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
i am (the goverment could be watching) from east scotland and have had 5 tarantulas, 2 G.rosea although one is dead, a G.pulchripes, a B.hamorii and a c. Cyaneopubescens but plan one having a lot someday. Good day gentlemen and gentlewomen.

Raven Jess

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Jessa. I am here to learn more about t's and other inverts. I look forward to reading up!

Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
Hello my name is Alistair, I'm here to learn about all the amazing invertebrates people keep and maybe talk to a few people along the way. I've only got one tarantula which does nothing at all and I absolutely adore it. I've been fascinated with invertebrates ever since I first started poking and prodding some rather nasty bugs in my garden

HDemon2619

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

The Arachnoboards Team
Hello, im new in this hobby, i just got interested in tarantulas for quite some times and im planning on buying some in this upcoming week. Nice to meet you all!

Im sorry im awkward :/

Percy

Arachnopeon
Yo.

I'm not able to own Ts or most bugs.. but I'm a big fan of roaches and beetles. Isopods too. I usually have native species, but I'm looking to sort of outsource a bit and nab a few beetles that are not native to my state. Although my state is the worst state if you want to own exotics.. but hi!

cold blood

Staff member
009.JPG imagejpeg952D.jpg
PS: I see a few posts up some fishermen, aw yeah! Lately I've been going for LMB and trying to catch myself a Pumpkinseed Sunfish, the only one I have yet to catch in my area.
party on!!

Yo.

I'm not able to own Ts or most bugs.. but I'm a big fan of roaches and beetles. Isopods too. I usually have native species, but I'm looking to sort of outsource a bit and nab a few beetles that are not native to my state. Although my state is the worst state if you want to own exotics.. but hi!
Yeah, but great if you love to eat lobster. Portland is a beautiful place, a good friend of mine lives there...being from WI, the people there just know him as "cheddar".

just1more

Arachnopeon
Hi all, my name is Stephan. I live in Denver Colorado. Started out with a black widow that my buddy found. Learned an important lesson about pre-molt and prey with her. Bout a year after she passed I purchased my first T, a N chromatus. Then asked the wife for just 1 more lol. Now I have 8 T's. Been an interesting journey getting over a life long fear of spiders. Now they are one of my favorites!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Hello all,

Since when I was young, I used to love to catch a house nearby spiders to have them as pets, by throwing an ant or two into all webbed burrow and lure a spider out.

I didn’t know back then, but now I know it was Paracoelotes spinivulva.

And here I am all grown up, waiting for my tarantulas to be arrived. Having a tarantula pet is really a dream come true for me. I REALLY wanted one ever since I was young.

I am so gald to be a part of awesome friendly know a lot Arachnoboards.com community!!!

Last edited:

Spiderstu

Arachnopeon
Hey All,

The Arachnoboards Team
Hi im stu i am new here as i ourchased a spider for me and one for my son never had anything like this before but due to low maintenance and virtually easy to keep I thought I would give it a go he has a Chaco golden knee and I have a curly hair

Attachments

Leonardo Rissao

Arachnopeon
Good afternoon

I'm Brazilian, my name is Leonardo. I'm a biology student and I really like beetles, I wanted to start with a Dynastes hercules, I wanted help on how to get it, or how to get a thank you.

Valaros

Arachnopeon
Hello my name is Travis and I have had a small "zoo" together with my fiance also a member on here, for a few years now. I have always had animals from my first iguana when I was 7 or 8 to the 30+ animals I own now. T's are a relative new addition for us. But I have always loved them. Also have many other inverts, other than that I'm 35 live in Maryland but am from Texas and will always be home. Been gone 15 years and the accent is still strong lol. Other hobbies include guns, medieval weapons combat, and the outdoors.

Noah Loiselle

Arachnopeon
Hello my name is Noah and I am new to the world of keeping tarantulas and other inverts. I have always been fascinated with these creatures, and its just recently that I have decided that I would love to get into the hobby and start with at least one T and see where it goes from there. As I said I am in the information gathering stage and so all and any information on here is awesome for me at the moment, in making that life changing first choice of which T to get. I look forward to learning as much as I can about the hobby and chatting with you all. P.S I am from Canada. Other hobbies include outdoor activities such as hiking, reading and a strong passion for reptiles and amphibians and culture.

Last edited: