Introduce Yourself

raggae40

Arachnopeon
Henry from the Philippines

Untitledeeeeeee.jpg
Hello guys! My name is Henry and I just started caring for 3 handsome H.longi (have no idea if they're males or females) and 1 voracious H. Hottentota about a month ago. I've been interested in getting scorps since 10 years ago and I just realized to look into the web same time I got my four babies.
Found out about Arachnoboards while surfing for tips on how to care of them and got interested in joining since most of the questions I had were answered here in this single site.
At the same time I also started breeding my own blatta lateralis roaches for their food along with mealworms and superworms. Already have 34 mealworm beetles and 2 supereworm pupa. planning to breed Dubia roaches once I convince my wife that they are all harmless! :laugh:

Hoping to learn more on how to care for these beautiful creatures from everyone here on this forum!
Thanks for the knowledge I learned when I wasn't a member yet, and thank you guys very much for the knowledge I will learn now that I'm here!

P.S
Planning to get Tarantulas as well in the future.
All my scorps are healthy and have exercise everyday on my arm except for the Hottentota. all are now 3instar, bought them when they were 2 instar.

Last edited:

Rageclick

Arachnopeon
Newbie Here

Hi people I'm Karl from the Philippines and I'm a newbie to the hobby! I currently have a few specimens a Ceratogyrus meridionalis,Brachypelma Vagans,Gramostola Pulchripes,Brachypelma Albopilosum,Ceratogyrus Marshalli and 4 Heterometrus longimanus. I hope to gain more knowledge in T keeping here!

Zavia

Arachnopeon
Hi Im Candi,
My boyfriend brought home a Texas Brown T. he caught at work, my first reaction was "its me or that bug" well after a couple beers it changed to "aww shes sweet can I keep her". since then we have added a few other species of tarantulas to my collection and we save local tarantulas that are in danger and relocate them to safe tarantula havens and give them to T. enthusiasts. Most of the T.s we catch are found inside friends houses or areas that we know spay their lawns to kill them and such. I have visited these forums several times over the last few years but just recently joined myself. This site has always been a great source of information for all of my T needs :p

wildcat

Arachnopeon
Wildcat

Hi my name is David I'm new here, I have 8 T's right now I just recently got back in to the hobby. If theres any thing I can do to help just ask.

---------- Post added 06-29-2013 at 01:22 PM ----------

I'm in the market for an ,baboon tarantula so if any knows where to look it would be helpful thx. And I don't mind a call 843-834-3787 thx again

Sonny M

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

My name is Sonny, I am 16 and I live in France.

I really like true spiders, reptiles and tarantulas... This is my hobby !

See you soon ;)

dtenebrosus

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Joseph, and I've been interested in arthropods (also reptiles) pretty much forever. I've kept a lot of native species, and just now have started to look at exotics, mostly in the myriapod genre. I am here to learn, like most of you I suspect, and because I don't know anywhere else to meet real live people who have containers full of centipedes in their basements.

kellakk

Arachnosquire
Hi all, I'm Kurt. I've been interested in arthropods (and animals in general) for all of my life. I've only recently gained the freedom to search for them and keep them, but I now own a good amount of native species, both temporarily and permanently. I'm here because I love arthropods and this is just about the best place to find like-minded people.

Ivan M

Arachnopeon
New around here and saying hello.

Just a hello, found this great forum and just got my self A Brazilian white knee, i did have a king baboon for many years, and a cobalt blue as well but i ended up giving them away when i got out of the hobby, but i have just returned to the hobby and i am loving it. Looking to buy some more terrestrial species which i love. happy to have found this informative forum.

teslo561

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is James and I am a student of anthropology at the University of Florida, although I have recently found an interest in Entomology. I recently found what I believe is a Tanzanian blue legged centipede which I will be posting right after this in the myriapod section :) hello again.

SquishyJumper

Arachnopeon
newbie all around

Hey, I'm Lauren. I've recently caught a black jumping spider (Phidippus audax) June 5th. She (I think it's a girl) is beautiful and loves to eat. A lot.

I'm in Wisconsin and would love any insights regarding this spider and such. I have 3 princesses who have all fallen in love with this spider, which is hilarious, considering they are ballerinas, princesses, tea party holders, etc.!!! Naturally, Squishy is in a hot pink critter keeper. :)

We have two cats and now a spider. My husband named it Squishy because that's what it will be if it gets out he said. LOL

Anyway, the girls love to take their butterfly nets and catch houseflies for Squishy. However, if you find my other post, you will see that Squishy has been pretty busy building a nest, and has not eaten yet today. Two flies in her house and no eats. She has walked slowly up to a fly and touched it, of course it flew away, and then went back to nesting. Oy. Who knows. I am thinking it must be a girl. Photos on my other post as well.

krazyokami

Arachnopeon
Hey all. Tiara Moore here~
I am from Winston Salem, NC.
I currently got my first T a G. Rosea named Mochi. I already have one tom cat.
Mochi is my only T...for now. I enjoy watching him and reading up more about him.
My hobbies are drawing and reading and of course tv and internet.

Billy

Arachnopeon
A big hello from me!

Hi there everyone,

Well a little about me i am 21 (22 this Saturday). I got my first T at 10 years old. I also was lucky enough to grow up with many exotic animals from Praying Mantis and Scorpions to my dads massive Burmese Python.

So whether through influence or my own fascination i have been hooked on animals for as long as i can possible remember! :biggrin:

Oh i am also from the UK and only have 9 fingers :laugh:. I currently have 5 T's, 1 snake, 1 Bosc monitor lizard, African grey parrot, 3 dogs and i also breed my own mealworms and have 100s of beetles from them. Going to move onto breeding crickets soon to.

Well thats me and im happy to be joining your online community! :tongue:

Spidergrrl

Arachnopeon
Neophyte in Texas

Hi All,

My name is Spidergrrl. (Actually it's Paula but that was already taken.) :sarcasm:

About nine months ago I found an old copy of The Tarantula Keeper's Guide at a local used book store. (I had been looking for bee books because I also have two bee hives) I have long been interested in Tarantulas and reading that book really whet my appetite. I realized I needed more information and purchased a new copy of the newer edition.

Then about 4 months ago, I bought my first T (a young Aphonopelma moderatum) from ZooKeeper here in Austin. David was awesome and extremely helpful. My T did fabulously until her first molt which was unfortunately difficult. I'm afraid I only made it worse. After about 24 hours she was still unable to fully release herself and my attempts to help her only made things worse. She ended up sustaining some abdominal injuries and after a few difficult days, she succumbed to her injuries. I feel really bad about it and am determined to learn from my mistakes and be a better T-Keeper. I realize now that there were things I could have done differently that might have improved her chances of having a successful molt.

I am considering my next Tarantula and trying to be better informed and prepared for proper care of a Tarantula. I think my primary mistake was acting too hastily and not consulting with experts before acting. Hence, it is time to join the forum.

There are several possibilities for my next T. I want another A. moderatum at some point but think I will try something else first. I am interested in a Lasiodora parahybana spiderling and also an A. hentzi (seeing as how they are native to my area, seems like I should get to know one better). I'm open to other suggestions too.

Anyhoo, that's me. I look forward to being part of the group.

Cheers,

Spidergrrl

Last edited:

Equinox

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello!

Hi Guys,

Well I have been reading this board for years now but finally decided to post!
I have been keeping Inverts since the age of 10, and am currently 26. You name it, over the years I've probably had it!

I currently own 18 species of tarantula. Mostly of the rarer or more 'pretty' type =)

Regards

Martin

Tarantman17

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hi! My name is Mike! I own a Chilean Rose Hair, a True Red CRH and an Emperor Scorpion! I'm looking on starting a breeding colony of Dubias and getting a bunch more T's of course!!

wuzz

Arachnopeon
Candy stripe spider

Hi everyone, I'm Estelle and i'm scared to death of spiders. I'm also drawn to them too. I came across a candy stripe spider, I did some research to get that much) It's such a beautiful spider. It's like a smaller version of a jewel spider, (crapped myself when I saw those big boys) When I look at this one, I can see it's eyes and its fangs. Im trying to find out if its venomous to my dog? I have rhubarb and know hey like it, they also seam to love my pegs. I just want to know if its venomous. I have pictures.

Planetary

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello everyone my name is Chris I am 22 years old from Gardena California I'm fairly new to ab but I've been in the trade for about a year now. On here to meet people into the trade as well

KissyLipsMcHugs

Arachnopeon
Ohaio ^^

Hai Guis!

I really don't feel like giving my name away quite yet, a few on this board prolly just started talking to me tho ^^

I'm a dude
I like tarantulas
I like MMOs
my life has never been easy, in fact right now is probably the worst it's ever been
I'm no good with ladies anymore :<
I'm skinny
I love seafood, in my tummy
I watch a lot of anime - wishing I lived in their worlds
I have a fraternity brother - he is the closest thing to a real functional family I've ever had
I will soon be a tarantula owner again, I plan to breed my favorite species of the list
I plan on keeping approximately 50 species
I have vowed to be an atlas moth breeder, if I can find a damn seller

I respect only those who respect me.

Be gentle with me :D

Last edited:

Rebekah

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! I'm Rebekah, proud owner of only one tarantula (sad day) but enormous fan of the hobby. I happened across Arachnoboards a lot while doing random research on T's and figured I'd join! You guys sound like my kind of people. :) I live in Austin, Texas and work at a giant pet retailer so I get to be the one to help people with their first spiders a lot. I'm happy to be here and looking forward to meeting you all! :D

Spidergrrl

Arachnopeon
I live in Austin, Texas and work at a giant pet retailer so I get to be the one to help people with their first spiders a lot.
Hi Rebekah,

Welcome to the forums. If you live in Austin, you should really check out Zoo Keeper on Burnet Rd just south of 183. Great selection of Tarantulas. David is really knowledgeable and friendly. But be warned! You will have a hard time not spending some money.

On the positive side, they have some great slings for a good price. I bought a baby Grammostola pulchripes there last week for under $10.00

Cheers,

Spidergrrl