Introduce Yourself

Belladonna420

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Jeanine from Chicago. I'm new to the forum and to the hobby. I just got my first T about 3 weeks ago, what I believe is a sub-adult female A. Avic, and I think I'm addicted already! I see at least a few more T's in my future! ;-)

Hawk

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone!

My name is Johnathan, I'm also known as John. I am from Crestwood, IL. Which is the suburbs of Chicago. I have been in this hobby for about 5 months now. I have about 6 Ts, which are...

Green Bottle Blue Mature Female

Green Bottle Blue Mature Male

Green Bottle Blue Sling Unsexed

Asian Smokey Mature Female

Chilean Rose Hair Unknown maturity level, Male.

Avic Avic [Pink Toe] Juvenile Unsexed.

I hope to be in this hobby for many years to come, since I love animals so much. I am interested in Guitar, Piano, Programming, Breeding, All types of animals and especially Tarantulas.

Thanks for reading about me. :)

-Hawk

ceway

Arachnopeon
new here

Hi there Everyone,

this is my very first post in this forum and I am glad to be here. first of all I am amazed of how people are so enthusiastic with their own pets as for me,
I was given by my best friend 4 baby scorpions he told me it's HH and i have no idea what that means. as of now my 4 HH is living with me for four days and I still don't have any idea on what to feed or what to do with them, if anyone who has same scorpion specie as mine please can you give me some
enlightenment due to the fact that I'm a total noob when it comes to this. Hoping for some pm's :biggrin:

oh and btw my name is Cyrille John you can call me Cy for short :)

Earth Eater

Arachnopeon
Hello all:)

Hey guys, I'm Bo. I am new to the world of t's and just picked up my first a week or so ago: N. Coloratovillosus sling. I have always loved animals and currently work at a ma' and pa' LPS (mainly reptiles and fish). I currently have:
3.0 Crested Geckos (all harlequins) Need Names
1.0 Leopard Gecko (Hypo Tangerine Carrot-Tail) Mack
1.0 Corn Snake (Blizzard) Oz
Nano Reef Tank
Crayfish Tank
And some fuzzy ones:)

Glad to say hello to you all:)

Suriaj Lusnoc

Arachnopeon
Hi there everyone..

thanks for letting me join here in your site..kindly call me "JAI"..i look forward to know more about T's..Im in my search for discovering new species of T's here in our country,Philippines..thanks again..

ReptileWoman

Arachnopeon
Hellooooo everyone!

Hello! My name is Adrienne and I am a proud owner of a n. chromatus :) sadly she is my only T but I plan to change that soon! I am a professional concert photographer, ive been trying to widen my skill set and do other types of photography. I just picked up an old macro lens and have been toying with that :)

I hope to learn tons from all of you here!

NoctuVide

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone!
My name's Mike. I'm originally from Vermont, but moved to Massachusetts a few years ago. I'm new in the tarantula keeping hobby, but have already become addicted to them! I had had a slight interest in them for some time now, but then a co-worker bought one and was telling me all about it, which in turn really made me itch to get one. After finally convincing the wife to let me get one, I picked up a tiny G. Pulchripes sling from a LPS. I then really wanted something larger that i could actually see more, so I picked up a P. Scrofa. I believe both the Scrofa and Pulchripes are pre-molt as I've had them both for a couple weeks now, and neither have eaten. Recently while I was down in south east Mass. I stopped at another lps, and they had a HUGE selection of T's. I ended up getting a E. Campestratus sling that is about 3 times the size of the pulchripes, and this one is eating! Amazing creatures! I plan on getting at least two more T's before I can say I'm happy with my collection. I'll probably mostly be a lurker, but joined so that if I have any questions, I can ask them on here.

jayzor

Arachnopeon
returning member

hey everyone, I was already a member a few years ago, but forgot my password and username. Just wanna say Hi to everyone!

bubsy

Arachnopeon
hi all

Hello :)

I'm from South Africa

I'm here to learn more about my pet tarantula and take some good knowledge offered here and hopefully get some important questions answered on my little friend

Zequoia

Arachnopeon
So glad to find such an informative forum. I am here for my daughter who has wanted a tarantula for years. She has always loved spiders and takes care of any strays around the house for me....I think she's old enough now and we have been doing our research. I can appreciate a spider's beauty but they scare the :poop: out of me!
We always research pets so we have been reading all the great posts here and learning a lot. I "think" she as her choices narrowed down to a Chaco Golden Knee or a Mexican Red Knee. She likes the Chilean Rose Hair but we've read enough here about their unpredictability that she decided to wait on that one.
I'm sure you'll see my questions soon. :cool:

Sonet

Arachnopeon
Hi

I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa and a beginner T owner. Currently have 7 "babies".

Chilean Rose
Curly
2 Mex red rumps
Choco
Mex red knee
Blu bottle green

My 6 year old daughter got me into the new hobby.

I am a bit concerned about my chilean rose as all the spiderlings have fair appetites but this one does not eat well?

---------- Post added 05-20-2013 at 09:54 PM ----------

Hi, what kind of T's do u have?

---------- Post added 05-20-2013 at 09:55 PM ----------

Hi, what kind of T's do u have?

Nevex

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone, Im Anderson from Malaysia! I found this forum on google and found it really informative! Hence i decided to join and get to know more people with similar dearly beloved pets :biggrin: I currently own a Chilean Rose Hair, she was a gift from my best college mates and i named her Clotho!

I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa and a beginner T owner. Currently have 7 "babies".

Chilean Rose
Curly
2 Mex red rumps
Choco
Mex red knee
Blu bottle green
I see you have a Green blue bottle Tarantula! I really love those! Plan to get them in future... Are they easy to care for? @Sonet Drop me a PM regarding them? :wink:

JozefRamos

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, i am Jozef, 14 years old, new to hobby i am obsessed in spiders since i was in childhood. Just wastched tarantula videos in youtube until jon3800 introduces arachnoboards, After watching his video I checked arachnoboards and I was mesmerized by this site because it is like a World Trading Center for a hobbyist, I decided to signed up in no hesitation and now this site makes me more knowledgable about tarantulas and other arachnids.

CesarF

Arachnopeon
Hello guys! I'm Cesar, from Brazil \o/ I'm 18 yo and started the hobby at 6, keeping mantids and huntsman spiders, now I keep: 11 Whip-spiders, 3 Avicularia, 2 Ischnothele caudata, 1 G. rosea, 1 Centipede, 1 Tityus and the mantids (Acanthops, Stagmatoptera, Orthoderella, Angela, Hagiomantis, Oxyopsis, Acontista and Raptrix) =]

SpyderMom

Arachnopeon
I guess I'll start off with my name...Morgan. I have three kids and a wonderful fiance. I also have a giant green iguana, a NG frilled dragon, a fire-bellied toad, 3 gerbils, and a betta. About two weeks ago, we lost our Rose, Skull. My fiance and I were really sad, as to most people's surprise, and spoke of getting another tarantula, but I thought it was too soon.

I was at the pet store recently (buying everything for everyone) and was asked about my pets at the counter. I named everyone off, but I felt I was missing one. When I got back to my car, I called my fiance and told him that we had to fill the void. We were already planning to go to Repticon for a pair of Chinese water dragons, and he said that he'd like a baby Brazilian black.

...and I decided we (I) needed to join a forum. We loved watching Skull's behavior, and we didn't handle him very much...I think he preferred it that way, and we enjoyed all of the years we had with him. I've re-clanned gerbils, nursed sick lizards to perfect health, and brought a fish back from the dead. (OK, we didn't REALLY do that, we replaced him for my daughter's benefit, noting the color change from his resuscitation ordeal, but whatever.) When I was a vet tech (before I began my career as a clinical laboratory scientist, I cared for hundreds of animals, and took in injured snakes...

I have no idea of where to begin with a baby tarantula. Or how to choose what we'd like (I like the BBG). Or what to look for in a breeder and his species. I thought I'd read posts, ask questions, and have plenty of time to make a decision before July. That's why I'm here...and because I want to talk to others who share the belief that Skull was NOT just a spider to be squashed, but a very real, important member of our family.

Attachments

BlackLight

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Joseph, I joined this site because I find it very educational and very helpful whenever i encounter any problem with my pets.... I'm 22 yrs old and currenty taking up Veterinary Medicine.... I love Exotic animals and I currently own ummmm... 9 tarantulas with different species, and an emperor scorpion.... But I guess I'm still a newbie to this hobbie/passion..... I want to learn more about them and I think it's good to start here :)

Gamebred

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm D'Angelo and I'm a newbee here and to the hobby(4 months). I have 5 T's as of today.

My collection consist of:
0.0.1 G. Rosea (3.5'-4')
0.0.1 A. Avicularia(3')
1.0.0 B Smithi(3.5')
0.0.2 G Pulchra(3.5' && 5.5')

Still deciding what to fall in love with next

theSNAKElady

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Crystal, and Im new here but not new to tarantulas. Definitely not an expert keeper by no means, but I have had years of experience with a few species. Currenly I have four: P.irminia, G.rosea, B.smithi, and a male A.urticans. I also have two stripetail scorpions, and have had many other 8+ legged creatures in the past. Im on another snake forum that ive been a member of for 7+ years, and even tho I love the lil crawly guys, I am truly a snake girl. I have a few virtual buddies there that are also here, and decided to join here to learn more and become a more "well rounded" and knowledgeable T keeper.

Duo Majere

Arachnopeon
New Here, with a phobia of arachnids

Hi everyone,

My name is Duo. I'm new here, and I'm actually here thanks to the Reptile Report. I'm really big into snakes, but I often see pictures/posts from Arachnoboards on their front page, and I am always curious. I used to love spiders (I played with them as a kid, they were way cooler than Barbies and dolls) but when I was around 3 years old, my mom showed me the movie, "Arachnophobia," and ever since, I've been super freaked out about anything with eight legs.

I also recently moved to Japan, and suddenly have been encountering centipedes like crazy. I often seen centipedes that look impressive, and although my encounters with centipedes started off rocky, I'm hoping to become more comfortable with them since I'll probably find them in my house again soon (gotta love humid Japanese summers...)

I joined this site hoping to get over my fear of spiders and centipedes by better understanding them. I know that my fears are completely biased, and would probably not exist if I was better educated about these animals. I always expect other people to be understanding of my love for snakes and ask them to accept snakes for the beautiful creatures they are, so I hope I can do the same and start getting over my fears in a responsible way. I've killed more spiders and centipedes out of fear than I would like to admit, so I hope that I can change that because I know that it angers me when people kill snakes out of fear.

~Duo

markcatren

Arachnopeon
Introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Mark Catren
I'm 27 years old.
Full time student studying Anthropology
Been into the T hobby for around a year now.
Been visiting this site off and on for a few decided I'd finally post and say Hi.
I live in CA and currently attend Univ of Calif Riverside