Introduce Yourself

ArachneStar

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. :)
My name is Kaura-Amirah, I've been keeping Tarantulas for almost 3 years now, so I'm quite new to the hobby compared to some!
I'm from the North East of the United Kingdom, and I have a passion for studying the personality traits of Tarantulas, as well as raising them from very young, to old.
I currently own these T's; Chilean Rose, Black & White Bird Eater, & Brazilian Fire Red Bird Eater. I used to have a Yellow Banded Pinktoe, and a Martinique Pinktoe, but unfortunately they didn't make it. :(

I have a Diploma in Animal Management, and though I do love all exotics, Tarantulas have captured my heart.

I'd love to meet new people in this hobby, as there's not many I know where I live!

On the side I'm an upcoming Webcomic Artist, and a Bassist.

JC014

Arachnopeon
Hi! my name is Joie 17 yrsold from Philippines and i currently own some T's and Scorps, im actually quite new to the hobby since ive just started it last march. The reason on why i signed up was to get more info about T's and scorps and also to get updated on new infos about them as well.

Rebekah

Arachnopeon
If you live in Austin, you should really check out Zoo Keeper on Burnet Rd just south of 183.
That's actually where I got my spider :) And you're right, they have a great selection of really beautiful spiders there. Also they're the only place I've ever seen a solifugid and that was exciting.
Thanks!

geckos

Arachnopeon
Howdy all,

My name is Sabrina, I go by Syn in most other places... I have a lot of interests and hobbies and don't mind giving a short explanation.

I've been keeping reptiles for a loooong time. Never really looked into inverts until recently. I had a Rose Hair as my first T... when I left her with a petsitter on vacation she ended up escaping. :( It took me a long time to consider getting back into Ts again.

I have a lot of reptiles, mostly crested geckos. For a while, I took in every rescue I could find on craigslist. I've rehomed some, but grew attached to many. I also keep other geckos as well, and some KSBs. My favorite species of gecko is the Tokay gecko. I currently have three! I admin a group and page on facebook dedicated to tokay geckos. :)

I also love soccer. I started playing soph. year of high school and continued on to soph. year in college. I decided to refocus my goals because I knew that I wasn't good enough to have soccer pay the bills. In the mean time, I am trying out all corners of what I think I should do... but can't think of what I WANT to do.

I just got back into Ts thanks to a local breeder who is a damn smart guy. I'll list what I currently have where appropriate later on.

Well, not sure what else to say now. Thanks for reading!

Arachnopeon
Greetings,
I was a very avid novice T collector until about three years ago in the Dallas/Ft Worth area of Texas. I joined the Army and ended up getting stationed in Hawaii were Tarantulas are not allowed. I’ve been biding my time ever since. I first got into tarantulas when I was in a pet store that was in the metro and they had a “birdeater”. I bought it and was hooked from then on. A couple of weeks later I purchased the classic rose hair. A couple of months later I went to the big reptile show in Dallas and acquired two slings: a G. pulchra and an OBT. Once I got more into the hobby I discovered that my “birdeater” was more likely a Haitian Brown (Phormictopus cancerides). A half year later my OBT deathcurled after a move, and my Haitian Brown stopped eating and eventually died (never did figure out why). Then after a couple months I left for the Army and sold my rose hair, and gave my Brazilian Black to one of my good friends who is still watching it to this day. So now I’m just biding my time until 2015 when I can get back into the hobby.

microlepis

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, I came here to register for an account, but apparently I had created one years ago. :p I have been keeping arachnids for about 3 years now, starting out with a teeny tiny Avic. metallica sling. My hobby prior to inverts was fish keeping and spent many hours on forums then. I figured it was time for me to continue my education with inverts by discussing them with people of similar interests (since that seems uncommon to find in general social circles), so that's what brought me back here!

I currently live in Orlando, FL and am looking to expand my collection far beyond the species I own now.

hearsemadam

Arachnosquire
I am HearseMadam, AKA Nurse Bitter in the real world. As a kid Dad had 2 rooms of snakes which Mom hated. Ive always loved exotics, Ive kept Veiled Chameleons, Millipedes, frogs and toads, snakes, poultry, pocket pets, fish and of course cats and dogs. I currently have 2 kick ass Bengal cats and I rescue Bengal cats in my local area (So Cal).

And yes, I do have a hearse. And an ambulance.

I got into this hobby with my first T, a wild caught Aphonopelma reversum MM, whom I enjoyed for 8 months. That got the ball rolling!

My T collection as it stands today:

0.1.0 Acanthogonatus pissii
0.0.1 Acanthoscurria brocklehursti
1.0.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata
0.0.1 Aphonopelma moderatum
0.0.1 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Avicularia diversipes
0.0.1 Avicularia metalica
0.0.1 Avicularia purpurea
0.0.1 Avicularia uriticans
0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor
1.0.0 Brachypelma albopilosum
0.1.0 Brachypelma bohemi
0.0.1 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.2 Brachypelma smithi
1.0.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.0.1 Encyocratella olivacea
0.0.2 Ephebopus uatuman
0.1.0 Euathlus pulcherimaklaasi
0.0.1 Eupalaestrus campestratus
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea
0.1.0 Grammostola rosea red phase
1.0.0 Grammostola pulchra
0.1.0 Grammostola pulchripes
0.0.1 Haplopelma lividum
1.0.0 Lasiadora dificilis
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.0.1 Maraca cabocla
0.0.1 Megaphobema robustum
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. prison de abeilles
0.0.1 Pamphobeteus fortis
1.0.0 Pamphobeteus nigricolor
0.1.0 Pamphobeteus ultramarinus
0.0.1 Phormictopus cancerides
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus irminia
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
0.0.1 Psalmopoeus pulcher
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus
0.0.1 Tapinauchenius cupreus
0.1.0 Theraphosa stirmi
0.1.1 Thrixopelma pruriens

And more to be added in the coming weeks...

Last edited:

Jamie H

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

Hi, I'm Jamie. I got my first tarantula on January 2nd 2001. After about 7 years I had about 10 tarantulas, a tailless whip scorpion, a couple emperor scorps, a couple centipedes, a colony of hisser roaches. At the time I spent my forum hours on ATSHQ. Then I got too sick to look after them and no one I knew was willing to look after them for me. So with a heavy heart I got rid of my critters.
In 2010 I got a new liver and a second chance at life (please register to be an organ donor if you're not already).
Last year a friend forwarded me a Facebook post in which someone stated that they wanted to give away their G. rosea because it was "the most boring pet ever." So I jumped at the chance to rescue what was probably a rather neglected rosehair. Since then she has rekindled my tarantula love and I now also have a P. murinus and P. regalis (both still juveniles).
More recently, Taylor Swift and Kiss paid me a lot of money (in overtime hours) to work their concerts here in Vancouver, so I've dumped my spare change into a few more Ts and supplies. As I write this I'm very excited that tomorrow a shipment arrives from Tarantula Canada. I have G pulchra (which I've wanted for about the last 10 years), P irminia, and 5 H incei (to start a colony) on the way.
Over the next while you may see me posting/asking questions about communal tarantulas, as this is totally new to me. And very exciting.

I also got interested in tropical fish while I was sick (easier for other people to care for if/when I'm incapacitated). I have a 50 gallon tank full of incestuous Endlers guppies and fancy guppy hybrids. I also have a breeding pair of Kribensis. Having watched my guppies multiply makes me very excited to keep a communal colony of spiders.

Also, my best friend is a Senegal parrot named Gryphon. He's pretty damn awesome.

Beyond my critters, I'm a computer geek, a regular geek, a music collector, a writer and a local roadie. Beautiful BC born and raised, and even though Harper is currently destroying everything good about this country I couldn't imagine living anywhere else. I'm always interested in connecting locally with other locals (and everyone else virtually).

I'm looking forward to making lots of new friends here and sharing and learning even more about these amazing creatures.

Cheers!
Talk to ya all soon! :)

Last edited:

scottishlass711

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

I'm Scottishlass, or Katie, and I'm a definite newbie to the tarantula hobby. I'm here mainly to educate myself before I actually buy a T, and enjoy the company of people who like arachnids as much as I do. I'm so excited to see what I can learn!

God bless,
Scottishlass :wink:

Gamebred

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, I'm D'Angelo and am fairly new to these beautiful animals. My collection so far consist of

1.0.0 B Smithi
0.0.1 G Rosea
0.0.1 A Avic
2.0.0 G Pulchra
0.1.0 T Stirmi
0.1.0 L Parahybana

Duss321

Arachnopeon
Hey all,

Long time lurker here. Did a lot of reading on this forum and after buying my first spider (A. versicolor sling) i decided to sign up. Tbh i was always affraid of spiders but during the last few years i was reading a lot about T's and getting more info about them. Well... They kind of grew on me. So i finally decided to get an Avic because i absolutely love the colors of them. :cool:

Other animals i have:
Leapard gecko
Ghost mantis
African rose beetles
Millipede

Greetings from the Netherlands:)

tjohnson722

Arachnopeon
Hello. I'm TJ from Ohio. I currently do not own any spider's yet. Looking to get my first one after reading about different species. I do keep reptiles though. Mostly snakes. I foster snakes for a local rescue so my collection includes those. Oh, i'm a mother of 2 girls also. Lol

I currently keep:
One 14 ft albino Burmese
One Columbian boa
Two ball pythons
One carpet python
Pitbull
Outside cat
Mean bearded dragon
Fish

Used to keep 10+ more snakes and lizards but recently started to expand my collection away from just snakes. Either way, hello.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trantula X

Arachnopeon
Greetings fellow T enthusiasts!

Hey everybody,

Names Matt, I live in the chicagoland area and I have been keeping T's for about 10 years now. It's something that I will never give up and a hobby that I have a great passion for. I blacksmith for a living (not in the old timey sense you're thinking of) and it has been my profession for the past 6 years. Coolest thing I ever made was the rims for the new Mars Rover they put into orbit awhile back. A little fact that not many people know, the company that built it was going to put their company name on the wheels (as to leave it's mark in the sand) but couldn't since it was deemed a "national" symbol and therefore no one was to put any identifying symbols, logos or insignias on it. So what they did was etched out square notches in the wheels themselves. Low and behold when the wheel made a full revolution these "marks" made a distinct pattern, any guesses? ... The holes were made square or rectangular (morse code) to spell out each individual letter of aforementioned company, pretty smart huh? Always a loophole. Just a story I think is pretty interesting, thought I'd share. Anyways back to T's, I currently have 10 (9 slings/juveniles & 1 A.F.) and will continue to expand my collection until I either run out of space or money which ever comes first. I have pictures of all of my T's on my profile so if you have some free time take a gander, thanks everyone! :happy:

Bryan64

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Bryan, ill be turning 20 this year. I am a obvious animal lover, and I have a fascination with science of all kinds. Im also a piano player with a vast love for music.

I'm new to this forum, and have already learned a lot. Im a first time owner of a Chilean rose (G. rosea) and I hope to also add one of these three beautiful species to my family:
Greenbottle Blue Tarantula (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)
Desert Blonde Tarantulas (Aphonopelma chalcodes)
cobalt blue tarantula (Haplopelma lividum)

I have had several exotic animals, such as my 2 male African greys, my beautiful female Eclectus, my Iguana, and my Blue-tongued skink, and my large Pythonidae . All of these animals aside from one of the African greys have sadly either passed or have found good homes after I had to move states. I have always been a lover of all animals and I am happy to have found these beautifull creatures to add to my family, I hope everyone here can help me keep them safe, comfortable and happy!

CactusHugger

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

Hey guys glad to be a part of Arachnoboards! I love arachnids and find them very fascinating, I believe this hobby is the best and that arachnids make the best pets. I live in Arizona which is home to scorpions and tarantulas and I am glad that I live in this beautiful diverse state. Hope that I can contribute well and I am currently working on experiments and documenting the captive care of the desert species Hadrurus arizonensis scorpion AKA Desert Hairy scorpion. I hope that I make some breakthroughs as well as figure out how to better raise these guys without problems as well. I am glad to be a part of this forum and cant wait to start learning more.

IMG_20130604_171830.jpg

KiloG

Arachnopeon
Hello all.
My name is Kyle(35) but my friends and even my wife call me Kilo G. We have 3 kids ranging from almost 17 to 6.
We as a family have many pets and have for years now, but never spiders or snakes.
We live in the midwest, 15 miles from St.Louis.
I've been reading around here for a few days now and look forward to the experience of gaining knowledge from the members here.
Thanks for having me.
KiloG

Scarlz

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Scarlett. I work as a park ranger. I haven't gotten my first T yet, but I figured it'd be nice to join the forum first. I already have the tank setup, ect. One of my best friends is giving me an Australian Golden Knee. But I already have: Scorps, ball python, hermit crabs, fish, and more!
Glad to be on here! :)

jopatsu

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Jopat from Manila, Philippines. I'm kinda new to this Hobby and quite fascinated with this creature. Currently i'm at the stage of gathering data and feedback about this hobby for a week now. And I'm very excited on my first T's arriving 3 days from now. Glad to have this Forum in teaching and sharing all the experience and expertise that would probably help a lot of T'lovers. Hope to gain more knowledge from all of you guys.. Glad to be here..:biggrin:

JacquesM

Arachnopeon
South African

Good Day All

I am new to this forum, but have been keeping T's for about a year now. My name is Jacques, I am 26 years old and live in a smalish town called Vanderbijlpark in South Africa, and no I dont own a lion or go to work on a Elephant, hehehe

My collection consists of the following:

3 X Lasiodora Klugi (all about 3-4cm in legspan)
1 X Hysterocrates gigas (My favourite about 5cm in leg span)
1X Nhandu Chromatus (Still my little baby 2cm in leg span)
1 X Chromatopelma cyaneopubescans (Very good eater)
1 X Brachypelma smithi (Such a sweatheart)
1 X Hapalopus formosus (Fast grower)

So there is my collection of T's , I am greatfull for this forum, has helped alot and will help alot in future.

Thanks