Introduce Yourself

Cpitt

Arachnopeon
I've been referring to arachnoboards for years now and finally decided to get my own account. I work at an exotic reptile store in Colorado, but my passion is arachnids. I have over 40 different species. Mainly old worlds. I also have a few true spiders, scorpions, and assassin bugs. I am looking forward to meeting other people with this passion, and legitimate, informative people who will answer any questions that might come up. I am still learning how all this works but I'm excited to finally be a real part of this community!

WhitenerJ

Arachnosquire
I'm Jason from Texas. I just started looking into Ts after convincing my wife to allow one for the household. Looking for our first Ts and thought I would ask around here and also learn more about them. Ordered a Rose hair from Petco, but thinking that might not be a good idea now. Looking for any pointers on where to purchase our first Ts. Also when can I post on the wanted/for sale forum?

Jason

cold blood

Staff member
I'm Jason from Texas. I just started looking into Ts after convincing my wife to allow one for the household. Looking for our first Ts and thought I would ask around here and also learn more about them. Ordered a Rose hair from Petco, but thinking that might not be a good idea now. Looking for any pointers on where to purchase our first Ts. Also when can I post on the wanted/for sale forum?

Jason
Ummm, looking at your avatar pic, I get the feeling you have joined the dark side.:anxious:

Welcome to the boards, don't choke anyone out please:)

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone my name is Joseph and I'm from California. Been in the herp hobby since I was a kid I'm 23 now and a month into keeping T's I have 2. One is a brachyphelma vagans 3.5-4inch. The other a 3rd instar Grammastola Pulchra. I joined because I was already reading a ton of info on this site as a non member.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron

Jason
Hey Jason I'm new aswell but I'll give it to you straight most people on the forum and myself disagree with petcos practices that being said you will probably hear a lot of that kind of response. Roses are good but like any spider claimed to be docile they can have their own personality dependent on individual. I got my first two spiders weeks apart from eachother and they are both doing well. For the most part brachys and grammastolas are generally easiest to keep happy and most well behaved. But my vagans will kick hair 63% of the time. And she was sold to me as docile it just depends. Also T's are nothing like any other animal you have ever cared for. Just keep that in mind and listen to the older people on this forum. (If I were you I would get the Rose still just because of the commitment made and my personal way of doing business) but I wouldn't go back to petco. Imo.

Andyembe

Arachnopeon
I'm new to the forum but have visited it many times in the recent past via google inquiries. I am from Idaho/Utah. I have 7 Tarantulas including: B. albopilosum, B. emilia, L. parahybana, G. pulchripes, A. versicolor, A. diversipes

Oasirus

Arachnopeon
Hello new to these forums and tarantulas ,recently bought a GBB its about the size of a quarter spread out.
Here is a pic of him eating a very small dubia roach

grimmjowls

Arachnoknight
Hello new to these forums and tarantulas ,recently bought a GBB its about the size of a quarter spread out.
Here is a pic of him eating a very small dubia roach
Very cute! I'm sure he'll grow up into a lean, mean, webbing machine.

bonsaimaster1

Arachnopeon
Hey guys, kinda brand new here. I just got my first tarantula a while ago. The species name is Nhandu coloratovillosus. I can't wait for it to molt, it is only about .25" big. I am currently living in Las Vegas, NV. I am a college student at UNLV studying Pre-med. I love growing plants such as orchids, roses, and bonsai trees. I also like to grow Orchid mantises (Hymenopus coronatus). Can't wait to get started with all of you!!! :)

Mike B

Arachnopeon
Hey folks I'm new here 35yrs old and I'm new to the Tarantula hobby. I'm currently living in Florida, and I have a GBB, G. Pulchripes. Tomorrow I'll be receiving an A. Versicolor. I'm also currently working on getting a Haplopelma Lividum (Colbalt Blue) and a P. Metallica.

RMJ

Arachnosquire
I guess I should have posted here first rather than contributing and asking for advice! :)

im Rob, Im in the UK and ive kept reptiles for sometime, but always had a passion/interest for arachnids! I decided to take the plunge into the world several weeks ago and arranged for 2 vivs to be built for an A.versi and a H.arizonesis - two species Ive always been fascinated by! anyway.... Hi and heres some pics of whats to come...

Scorp.JPG Smar.jpg A.Versi.jpg HaddyV.jpg

A.versi is a 3.5 year old female
H.arizon is a 3 year old male

cold blood

Staff member
I guess I should have posted here first rather than contributing and asking for advice! :)

im Rob, Im in the UK and ive kept reptiles for sometime, but always had a passion/interest for arachnids! I decided to take the plunge into the world several weeks ago and arranged for 2 vivs to be built for an A.versi and a H.arizonesis - two species Ive always been fascinated by! anyway.... Hi and heres some pics of whats to come...

View attachment 210483 View attachment 210486 View attachment 210484 View attachment 210485

A.versi is a 3.5 year old female
H.arizon is a 3 year old male
Welcome to the boards:)

I'd ditch those lights when the time comes (you may already be aware of this);)

Linear

Arachnopeon
I joined like 2 years ago but I don't think I ever posted an introduction. xD; I wasn't allowed to get a tarantula when I first got interested, so for a while I tried to give up on the idea. But finally, I can and in a few months I'll be able to get one. ^^ (Few months because I'm going on a trip and also I'm kind of broke right now... I have a summer job but it starts next week). Anyway, I'm a student living in Canada currently and I study languages primarily as well as East Asian history. I want to translate video games in the future... I used to have pretty bad arachnophobia but videos on YouTube about Tarantulas and other spiders really helped me lessen it to a degree. I also think the size of Tarantulas helped me be less afraid in general, because it's partially the small size of spiders that scares me... At first I watched a lot of Jon3800's videos on Tarantulas and learning more about them helped me a lot in overcoming my fear, I watch other youtubers' vids too but I'm not very good with names x.x. Now I can actually take spiders I find outside. xD; Instead of screaming... Sometimes I just leave them in my room, when I worked as a pool attendant there were a lot of small jumping spiders near the windows and they would often jump into my hands and I would take them outside. They were so cute. ><

When I buy a tarantula it will most likely be a Brachypelma smithi since that's the kind I learned most about. X.x But they can be a bit rare due to high demand and less supply where I'm from... I also like the other Brachypelmas though so who knows. I think Avic avics are also not too intimidating in appearance but from what I know, they require a bit more care than a smithi would. And I'm worried to mess up frankly.

Anyway, long intro was long and also long overdue. Hi!

Last edited:

lydiab

Arachnopeon
Hi all im Lydia from the UK i keep different type of Ts from B Albops P Metalica to H Macs plus other types i also keep some Cockroaches like Centurions, 2 types of Porcelains, 3 types of P Vanwaerebecki and some other types of roaches

BTMotoMech

Arachnopeon
Hello to all.
It's been a long, long time since I've been on here. I remember purchasing slings from a chap that went by the name Botar of anybody remembers him. Life happened, rehomed my 8 legged friends but now I'm in a position to keep a few again. Picked up a G. Rosea and a P. muticus today! Nice to be back.
-BT