Introduce Yourself

Lander9021

Arachnosquire
Hey All,

Welcome to Arachnoboards. Please take a moment to introduce yourself. Let us know who you are and what brings you here.

Feel free to post a picture of yourself here.

This thread is for personal introductions only, please let us know what inverts you have here.

Hope you enjoy your stay :D

The Arachnoboards Team
My name is Scott I'm 23 from the UK (England) I have had my first t for about a week, I'm in deep hope it's a female she's a Chile rose sling about 1.5 inch and I joined this site to get info and help from more experienced hobbyists ..so far I've had a lot of good info from very kind people ...I've been in the hobby 2 minutes and I already want a Mexican red knee and a baboon specie

Nadezhda

Arachnopeon
My name is Hope, I'm 15 and from Virginia. I joined because I've recently purchased four BDFB and would like to learn more about them and bugs in general. I can't wait to participate in the boards and get more bugs!

ObscurePIllbug

Arachnopeon
Hello, my name is Joel, 36, from Massachusetts. I originally started reading this forum several months ago for information on Ts, but alas, my wife and kids were not having it. However, I was very excited to see that isopods are becoming a serious hobby. I have since acquired some wild-caught P. scaber and A. vulgare. I also splurged and bought some A. maculatum. These forums have been very useful in my research on isopod care. Anyway, I have an interest in all kinds of critters and look forward to getting to know you!

UndergroundArachnid

Arachnopeon
Hi :3 I'm Dani. I'm 18 and I'm from Oklahoma (in the USA)
About a year ago, I came across a tarantula feeding video on Youtube. Ever since then, I've been fascinated with arachnids and other insects. I don't currently own any, but I hope to find a wild tarantula to keep as a pet, until I'm confident enough to start collecting and studying other Ts and insects :3

mantisman 230

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone :) My name is Andrew. I have really only kept mantids in the past and have been breeding them for five years now. I will be expanding my collection into the leggier size of the arthropod world with my first three new critters. I'm getting a Hadrurus obscurus, an adult female H. paucidens, and a 2.5" Scolopendra alternans "Haiti"

Deanoss

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
just showing my face to say hi and after signing up shall be a lot more active around here, taking in all the knowledge of the more experienced owners here.
Just moved over to T's approx 12 weeks ago and i now own

1. G.Rosea
2. B.Smithi
3. L.Klugi
4. L.Parahybana
5. A. Versicolor
6. P.Irminias
7. P.Murinas
8. A.Geniculata
9. P.Pulcher
10. C.Cyaneopubescens
11. C.Fasciatum

1. Large Forest Scorpion
1. Royal Python (Normal)
1. Corn Snake (

I would love to hear anything you guys have to say...

Thanks Deanoss

The Minataur

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Mina and I'm in Tennessee. I only have a couple of tarantulas now, a G.Rosea and an A. Seemani. I look forward to carefully building a healthy collection.

Idiolized

Arachnopeon
Hey, my name is Dan, I am 28 years old and live in Århus, Denmark and studying at the university. I recently took in and cared for what I believe to be a female grammostola rosea, from what I can see on colour and common species of tarantulas here in Europe.. but since I mostly tend to keep reptiles and dogs I don't know to much about arachnids.. She seems to be thriving from what the sign their should be, but tips on what I can do different or better to make her stay here for the time I have her as good as possible.. So found this place and hoped you guys would be willing to help me through some of my questions, if I'm not able to find them here or other places..

See you around

sas

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm new to the board from New Jersey and am excited to become part of the community! I bought my first Tarantula, a G. Rosea, in 2012 and have loved her ever since. I've recently acquired two P. Metallica slings that I need help sexing and I also have a H. Lividum and A. Seemani. Enjoy some pictures!
G. Rosea

A. Seemani

H. Lividum

P. Metallica (#1)

P. Metallica (#2)

twinkleyell

Arachnopeon
hello! my name is dolly. just like everyone here, i'm an avid collector of arachnids. :> i own 3 babies, an a.purperea named ursula who is just a sling along with a b.vagans named ruby who's barely half an inch. my oldest one is a b. albopilosum named annie who's about two inches i believe. i hope i can have a good time here and found lots of great information!

Lc72

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone.

My name is Lee and I live in the UK.
I Used to keep mostly Reptiles , I am a former DWA Holder(Dangerous Wild Animal License) which is needed to keep Venomous Reptiles in the UK.
I have had my G rosea for 8 years, she was the only T I had kept up until October of last year.
I now have 24 T`s and just the 2 Snakes left now, have moved away from the Reptile Scene.:) tarantulasmiley.jpg
T`s kept

Ambato - Ecuadorian Purple Blue Pink Toe - (Avicularia Purpurea)

Amethyst - Ecuadorian Purple Starburst - (P sp Machala)

Angel Fingers - Giant Brazilian White Knee - (Acanthoscurria Geniculata)

Bhaji - Indian Ornamental - (Poecilotheria Regalis)

Caramac - Arizona Desert Blonde - (Aphonopelma Chalcodes)

Ceylon - Sri Lanken Ornamental - (Poecilotheria Fasciatus)

Charlotte - Chilean Rose - (Grammastola Rosea)

Cheech - Chaco Gold Knee - (Grammostola Pulchripes)

Chico – Mexican Painted Red Leg - (Brachypelma Emila)

Chong - Chaco Gold Knee - (Grammostola Pulchripes)

Jet - Mexican Black Velvet - (Brachypelma Schroederi)

Nemesis - Giant Brazilian Red & White Knee - (Nhandu Chromatus)

Sammie - Mexican Red Knee - (Brachypelma Smithi)

Slade - Peruvian Flame Rump - (Thrixopelma Ockerti)

Smokey - Giant Brazilian Salmon Pink - (Lasiadora Parahybana)

Star - Giant Brazilian White Knee - (Acanthoscurria Geniculata)

Swapshop - Venezuelan Green Bottle Blue - (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

Tabasco - Mexican Red Rump - (Brachypelma Vagans)

Tango - Philippine Tangerine - (orphnaecus philippinus)

The Bandit - Giant Brazilian Salmon Pink - (Lasiadora Parahybana)

Tiswas - Antillies pinktoe -Avicularia Versicolor -

Wizzard - Venezuelan Green Bottle Blue (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens)

Woodstock - Brazilian Giant Blonde (Nhandu Tripepii)

Ziggy - Costa Rican Tiger Rump (Davus fasciatus)

Last edited:

BaphometDL50

Arachnosquire
Hello to everybody!I am from Spain.My collection now are spiders and scorpions.I used to read this forum but now i iwll try to be an active member.Salute arachnoboards!

Last edited:

Fraido

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody!

The name's Heather, I'm just about finished highschool... I got my first T last August and posted a question on another forum regarding him/her, and got recommended to check this forum out! So that is why I'm here, glad to join the T community, I look forward to getting many more in the future. :) I'm not actually a spider person, though! I like big, hairy Ts.. but little (or big!), lanky spiders freak me out. Haha

Magenta

Arachnosquire
Hello all, I have learned a lot from lurking around here and thought it's about time I introduce myself. My husband and I currently live in the Chicago area with our 14 tarantulas, 2 cats and 1 human on the way.

Harlequin

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone
I'm J Glenn. I'm 38 years old, and I live in central Arkansas. I collect and raise several arthropods from my area, plus an occasional exotic. I'm a scientist, and I enjoy learning new culturing techniques for my local species. Here's a list of my (current) project critters:

Isopods:
  • Cylisticus convexus (curly woodlouse)
  • Porcellio scaber, grey (scaber, rough woodlouse)
  • Ligidium elrodii (no common name)
  • Armadillidium maculatum - exotic (zebra pillbug)
Millipedes:
  • Narceus americanus (American giant millipede)
  • Abacion tesselatum (crested millipede)
  • Brachycybe lecontii (feather millipede)
  • Eurymerodesmus, currently unidentified species (flat back millipede)
  • Eurymerodesmus, another currently unidentified species (flat back millipede)
Springtails:
  • Folsomia candida (folsomia)
  • Neanuridae, several species (no common name)

HUNGRYBEASTS

Arachnopeon
hello everyone!
My name is Patrick, born and raised in the Beautiful Islands of the Philippines
currently living/working in the US
that is all.. i thank u! =)

Raydia

Arachnopeon
Hello all! My name is Cory and I am new to what I call the Tarantula/Arachnid Addiction :)

I was gifted a Brachypelma Vagans 2 months ago and have since added a Avicularia Avicularia, Aviciularia Versicolor, Gramnmostola Pulchra and a Grammostola Rosea (also gifted).

I would own a zoo if my fiance would allow it!
Glad to have a place where I can learn and get advice at :)

Aphonos

Arachnopeon
Dalton here. Got into Ts about five years ago, had an A. avicularia and a B. albopilosum. My house burnt down and i lost them in the fire which scarred me a bit, but recently purchased an A. seemani and am back on the saddle again. Am remembering how satisfying this hobby truly is. In my spare time I make metal music and develop my spirituality. Thanks!

Trey Jackson

Arachnopeon
Good evening, all!

My name is Trey, and I am a new Tarantula owner. I purchased a 1/2-3/4" Lasiodora Parahybana from Jaimes Tarantulas about a week ago, and so far he/she seems to be settling in fine. I was a ball python breeder for almost 8 years, and since that hobby has been flooded with new people who are flooding animals into the market for pennies on the dollar, I decided to get out of the hobby all together. That was roughly a year ago, and needless to say I've missed having an animal I could keep and enjoy aside from my cat & dog. My wife and son are both infatuated with spiders all together, so I did my research and decided on a Tarantula.

Personally, I enjoy watching spiders from a distance, so buying a certain type of T wasn't up to me, so I let my wife decide. She loves larger spiders, so a bird-eater fit right into what she would enjoy.

Aside from our new Tarantula, I am also an Ant Keeper. Ants are one of my favorite animals, and keeping them is such a joy. This anting season has kicked off, and I have quite a few queens of the Camponotus genus, and a number of queens from the Solenopsis genus. Most of the queens that I have already have a pretty good amount of brood, and 1 of my Solenopsis queens has 5 workers already. I release the colonies I have at the end of fall to let them go into a natural diapause, and then I catch new queens at the beginning of the next year when it warms up.

I was born and raised in Southern Georgia (50 miles south of Macon), and I served 8 years in the Navy as a Sonar Tech. I've been married to my wife for 9 years, and we have an 8 year old son, and a 2 year old daughter, both of them love all animals.

If keeping T's is anything like keeping Ball Pythons, I'm sure I'll buy more as time goes on and as my experience grows. I appreciate y'all taking the time to read this, and I hope you all have a great weekend!

Very Respectfully,
Trey