inquiry on "Justyn"

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been on this site since 2002, when it was still in it's infancy. I sold animals then through this site, everyone was happy with the results.
I guess the question everyone is asking is: Where are your happy helpful arachnoboards reviews from all of these sales?

I don't not trust you, I just think if you could show us these it would make everyone a lot happier.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have references I would be more then willing to send via e-mail.

I guess the question everyone is asking is: Where are your happy helpful arachnoboards reviews from all of these sales?

I don't not trust you, I just think if you could show us these it would make everyone a lot happier.

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I tried to start doing business with Justyn by offering to pay half up front and then pay the remainder upon reciept of the tarantulas. He said that he wouldn't do it. I tried at least.I wanted to give him a chance to gain trust with me, by doing this way of business at first.
I only use Paypal ,so I guess that settles it.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I very rarely send out orders without prepayment. Yes, I do sometimes, but they are to poeple I know well or my good friends have vouched for them. You asked for references of people and I sent them. Since I already sent you recent references I figured that was more then enough to establish that I am legit, I will only accept prepayment.

I told you that I was in no position right now to even lose a few dollars, I hope you can accept and understand that. I said you were more then welcome to wait and see what others had to say about me with shipments being sent this week. Also, I did send you a note saying I do not use Paypal for payment, it's also in my terms.

I tried to start doing business with Justyn by offering to pay half up front and then pay the remainder upon reciept of the tarantulas. He said that he wouldn't do it. I tried at least.I wanted to give him a chance to gain trust with me, by doing this way of business at first.
I only use Paypal ,so I guess that settles it.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I do know my protection with my BOA card is up to $10,000.00. As for paypal, I've had my number hacked twice in the past using Paypal. Good friends of mine had the same thing done several years ago.

Another good reason for using Paypal or a similar service is to keep your credit card info safe. If you give someone your actual credit card number you better have enough faith in them to believe they won't go on a spending spree with your money.

True you can dispute it and be limited to something like $50 liability against charges you didn't make if done in a timely manner, but why risk it. The protection for debit cards is much less, you can be held liable for upto $200 if reported in a timely manner and the time you have to report is much shorter. (Some banks go above the legal requirements in the protection they offer, but don't assume yours does without checking.)

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I do know my protection with my BOA card is up to $10,000.00. As for paypal, I've had my number hacked twice in the past using Paypal. Good friends of mine had the same thing done several years ago.
Paypal doesn't get hacked exactly, rather the individual does. Either their computer gets infected with a keylogger and thus when they login that login/pass is saved and sent to someone else, or they get one of those emails "WE WILL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IN 24 HRS IF U DONT UPDATE!!1!!" and fall for it believing it actually came from paypal and give away their login info that way. Or I suppose they could just have a login/pass so easy to guess that it gets guessed.

You could have your bank login info "hacked" the same way.

But since you can no longer accept Paypal what about an alternative payment method like google checkout?

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I might look into google. I do accept credit cards, and I can setup a system in the future to accept them online. Right now I just key them in.
Thanks
Justyn

Paypal doesn't get hacked exactly, rather the individual does. Either their computer gets infected with a keylogger and thus when they login that login/pass is saved and sent to someone else, or they get one of those emails "WE WILL CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IN 24 HRS IF U DONT UPDATE!!1!!" and fall for it believing it actually came from paypal and give away their login info that way. Or I suppose they could just have a login/pass so easy to guess that it gets guessed.

You could have your bank login info "hacked" the same way.

But since you can no longer accept Paypal what about an alternative payment method like google checkout?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I very rarely send out orders without prepayment. Yes, I do sometimes, but they are to poeple I know well or my good friends have vouched for them. You asked for references of people and I sent them. Since I already sent you recent references I figured that was more then enough to establish that I am legit, I will only accept prepayment.

I told you that I was in no position right now to even lose a few dollars, I hope you can accept and understand that. I said you were more then welcome to wait and see what others had to say about me with shipments being sent this week. Also, I did send you a note saying I do not use Paypal for payment, it's also in my terms.
What I don't get is if I am willing to take a chance with you, but you are not willing to meet me 1/2 way and take 1/2 the money send the T's and then receive the second 1/2 of the money what do you expect me to do, just all out blindly trust you? I mean my sales rep is still solid, yours is not. If you can't make any sort of compromise like that then I don't see why you would expect anyone to deal with you and risk getting stolen from.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am more then willing to provide references, people who paid upfront, ordering animals that perhaps you would have. I am also more then willing to suggest using a credit card which will make sure you have no risk involved.

I am sorry, but I only send animals out without payment very rarely. I see no person on this board who offers to ship the inverts first, do you? I am sorry my sales rep is nto solid, it once was, and will be again. I am not afford sending animals and losing money on them. I can afford to wait until someone who is willing to send money upfront, buys them. I am more then willing to send references, I don't really see the issue here.

Also, I don't steal. If you feel I am going to scam you or someone else, I suggest you take your business somewhere else. there are plenty of people offering the exact same animals, some of them even came from me to begin with.

What I don't get is if I am willing to take a chance with you, but you are not willing to meet me 1/2 way and take 1/2 the money send the T's and then receive the second 1/2 of the money what do you expect me to do, just all out blindly trust you? I mean my sales rep is still solid, yours is not. If you can't make any sort of compromise like that then I don't see why you would expect anyone to deal with you and risk getting stolen from.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I see no person on this board who offers to ship the inverts first
That is because every other dealer is operating with the public trust of it's buyers. They don't have to send things upfront because they are already trusted. You are NOT trusted.

So if you have any ambitions to fix your rep, I think you are going to have to make some exceptions to your "rules" of sales to save face and build any sort of reputation.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've already made these exceptions for several months to people. I think I've done enough good deals to show everyone I'll send what you order.

I have references to show you I mean what I said, what else do you want? I am willing to lose the sales right now then take the extra risk in sending products without payment upfront.

That is because every other dealer is operating with the public trust of it's buyers. They don't have to send things upfront because they are already trusted. You are NOT trusted.

So if you have any ambitions to fix your rep, I think you are going to have to make some exceptions to your "rules" of sales to save face and build any sort of reputation.

NrthCstInverts

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
just a thought,

maybe now would be a good time for someone to start a review on Justyn.... that way you guys can leave your good or bad reviews on him? i looked over there and didnt see one.

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No, this is the inquiries/warning forum not the reviews forum. You ask "Anyone dealt with X??" here, you post "I had a good/bad experience with X" there.

:)

Arachnoboards

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
maybe now would be a good time for someone to start a review on Justyn.... that way you guys can leave your good or bad reviews on him? i looked over there and didnt see one.
No, this is the inquiries/warning forum not the reviews forum. You ask "Anyone dealt with X??" here, you post "I had a good/bad experience with X" there.

:)

What they said.

If I see any reviews here, they will be deleted outright with no warning. Rules people, we have rules. :wall:

Debby

Steven.WK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i saw some interesting inverts on his FS list, and i would give him a chance.. but.. i only pay with paypal, unless it's someone that's i've done excessive business with before or a dealer.

nothing personal against you justyn, im just saying that when it's something over 40$ in value, i only use paypal because that's the only way i would have a chance of getting my money back, assuming something went wrong.

and also, i know members that SWEAR by paypal and won't pay any other way. im willing to bet that if you got paypal, more people would come to you. that might be a wrong assumption, but it's worth a try ;) i know people who have turned down adult female P regalis for 50$, just because the seller wouldn't accept paypal. and honestly, i can say i don't blame them.

just trying to help out here Justyn :)

credit card would work, but i don't have one.
Paypal is garbage if you ever run into an issue. They only guarantee payments in eBay transactions. I had an issue with them 2 years ago on this board and never saw a cent. Unless they have changed their practices I would go with credit card. I only use them out of convenience and for people I trust.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I now accept Paypal, but I do not reccomend them. They are a headache if you ever had one if problems occur.

unclechewy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The issue here is that there is only one recent positive reveiw of you and your company on this forum, which is where many of us get all of our information. References that you provide really mean very little. Would you provide a reference of someone that is not going to say something positive? Of course not. In the business world, I have been in the position of hiring employees for many years, and never put any stake into refrences that a prospective employee gave me. I always did my own research and tried to find info on my own. The issue as I see it here, is that if someone does a search on you and your company, they find a lot of negative reviews and very few positive. If I were you, I would encourage you to contact some of your recent customers and have them post reviews here where they can be found. Having been a small business owner, I understand the difficulties that can occur, but the bottom line is that you need to seperate your personal life from your business life and not let one interfere with the other. This is a difficult balancing act, but it can be done. Just my two cents.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
VERY FEW POSITIVE? I've done business before then and after that period with HUNDREDS of people. Look at all the thread son fauna, most fo them are positive. The negative messages concern the same deals over and over, most of the time the posts are made by people I have never done business with. Every deal except those on fauna was 100% positive. I am not going to bully my customers to post reviews on me, that is their choice.

The issue here is that there is only one recent positive reveiw of you and your company on this forum, which is where many of us get all of our information. References that you provide really mean very little. Would you provide a reference of someone that is not going to say something positive? Of course not. In the business world, I have been in the position of hiring employees for many years, and never put any stake into refrences that a prospective employee gave me. I always did my own research and tried to find info on my own. The issue as I see it here, is that if someone does a search on you and your company, they find a lot of negative reviews and very few positive. If I were you, I would encourage you to contact some of your recent customers and have them post reviews here where they can be found. Having been a small business owner, I understand the difficulties that can occur, but the bottom line is that you need to seperate your personal life from your business life and not let one interfere with the other. This is a difficult balancing act, but it can be done. Just my two cents.

unclechewy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Seems to me the ball is in your court though. I am merely an outsider looking in, never having done business with you, but right now you are getting a lot of negative publicity and I think (correct me if I am wrong), you are trying to change that opinion. I did a quick search here and only found one good review and a pretty bad one by Botar, who is a very respected dealer by many on these boards. You of course have the choice to do what ever you wish, I am merely offering some suggestions to try to help you out. The more you try to "justify" the bad dealings you have had in the past, the less likely people will trust you in the future.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am not trying to justify anythng. As for Botar, he got some killer deals on animals which we resold for a very good profit. I also made right for items that were not sent (I ran out of stock).

I've sold spiders to dozens of people on this forum during the past month. Why only one has posted anything, I'll never know.

Seems to me the ball is in your court though. I am merely an outsider looking in, never having done business with you, but right now you are getting a lot of negative publicity and I think (correct me if I am wrong), you are trying to change that opinion. I did a quick search here and only found one good review and a pretty bad one by Botar, who is a very respected dealer by many on these boards. You of course have the choice to do what ever you wish, I am merely offering some suggestions to try to help you out. The more you try to "justify" the bad dealings you have had in the past, the less likely people will trust you in the future.