inquiry on "Justyn"

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Has anyone done any transactions with Justyn? What is your opinion of him?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was wondering that myself so I asked for references and got this response. IMO buy at your own risk!!!

At least he was forth coming with his past issues. That is a plus in my mind.

Justyn said:
I've done business ofr years, mostly in reptiles, but also inverts. I've did have some issues supplying animals eariler this year, as I took deposits for animals that I had touble supplying, never again. Send me an e-mail and I'll send you recent references.
Regards
Justyn

Also, pokes are $75.00 wholesale.

talkenlate04 said:
Oh and do you have any references? No one seems to know who you are, so this is a red flag for me. No offense.

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the PM I got:

References are not a problem. also sorry, mislisted them, they are $30.00. I had a few slings for $15.00, just adults now. Let me know. I ahve been on the boards for a while, just used a new account. I was IntenseHerp prior (2002?).
Thanks
Justyn
I searched Intense Herp and it was in use up till around at least June of 2007.

Never saw any references for that handle, but I did find this very interesting thread:

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=94719

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I took care of my issues with Botar and have since supplied many dealers with wholesale inverts with no issues. I have recent references and I am more then willing to give them out, but not on a public forum, only via private e-mail. I am VERY open about any issues I had eariler this year, which sort of snowballed into a giant mess I am still cleaning up. This does not affect any of my dealings now, nor in the future. It was a sort period of time in which I had various issues going on in my personal and business life. I've done sales on this forum since 2002.
Regards,
Justyn

sntcruzan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies.I'll wait until he gets a number of positive reviews before any money is sent first.Unless,he wants to send the T's first.I had wanted to buy a few t's from him,too.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
The most recent "issues" he's referring to appear in a gigantic thread over at Fauna Classified's BOI... if you want to monitor his progress no gettnig thsoe outstanding issues taken care of BEFORE you deal with him, you can track it there... they are very tenacious over there.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tenacious is the key word, most of that thread is full of lies. Everything that needed to be said on that thread could have been said within 2 pages. I have NEVER said I wasn't tin the wrong. Of course everyone then has to put there take on it, whatever that is worth. I make shipments pratically everyday of the week without any problems, like I had done for years. I did have problems eariler this year with animals that were order via a deposit basis, multiple issues came up which snowballed. This does not effect future orders from me as I no longer am accepting deposits on animals.

The most recent "issues" he's referring to appear in a gigantic thread over at Fauna Classified's BOI... if you want to monitor his progress no gettnig thsoe outstanding issues taken care of BEFORE you deal with him, you can track it there... they are very tenacious over there.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What would be nice is if you sent me some sort of message that you canceled your order. If you have worry, I suggest using a credit card, as lets say I don't send your animals (which I will), you can dispute it and get your balance ruturned to you rather fast.

Thanks for the replies.I'll wait until he gets a number of positive reviews before any money is sent first.Unless,he wants to send the T's first.I had wanted to buy a few t's from him,too.

craig84

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you have worry, I suggest using a credit card, as lets say I don't send your animals (which I will), you can dispute it and get your balance ruturned to you rather fast.
That is true with the credit card thing. I made a purchase with Justyn and Iam sure it will arrive. I spoke with him on the phone also. I will post comment on my arrival. Craig.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I shipped several orders out today so I'm sure at least one person will comment on there order in the next few days. Perhaps I'm not as evil as everyone thinks?

As for me settling older issues with people who sent deposits, I am self-employed, I make my money off my business. If I do not get business it hampers my efforts to refund anyone from whom I took deposits from for animals I was not able to provide eariler this year, AS I INTENDED. I work hard to keep my family going and the bills paid, and I am working even harder to make sure I make good on anyone who got caught up in the mess I made eariler this year with deposits for animals that were not even in the country.

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
I shipped several orders out today so I'm sure at least one person will comment on there order in the next few days. Perhaps I'm not as evil as everyone thinks?

As for me settling older issues with people who sent deposits, I am self-employed, I make my money off my business. If I do not get business it hampers my efforts to refund anyone from whom I took deposits from for animals I was not able to provide eariler this year, AS I INTENDED. I work hard to keep my family going and the bills paid, and I am working even harder to make sure I make good on anyone who got caught up in the mess I made eariler this year with deposits for animals that were not even in the country.
Talk's cheap dude... actions speak the loudest. Specifically, the actions of making wrongs right before you start accepting new peoples' money. If you truly have to reel in new customers who have never heard of you in order to pay off the old customers to whom you still owe an outstanding debt, I'd say you're not quite in a position to be asking for anyone's trust with their hard-earned money quite yet.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have already taken care of over half of those I owed a debt too. I am hoping to have the rest taken care of before the end of the year.

As for reeling in new customers, that is always happening, that is how you stay in business and grow. I have been on this site since 2002, when it was still in it's infancy. I sold animals then through this site, everyone was happy with the results.

As for trust, I would like my actions good and bad to be shown. I've done hundreds of deals for many years without even ONE problem, I went over and beyond what everyone else did. That was until this spring.

I had a lot going on during that period, I got in Egypt, Congo, and Peru within two weeks. Malaysia was on it's way. I was backed up on pond work due to the record amount of rain (I own a pond and landscaping company). The rain let up, I had large contracts to finish. I was trying to set-up orders, sex animals, work on ponds, and ship order, so I was not getting much sleep.

I was sexing some Echis coloratus one night well past midnight when I was biten by a small male. That bite put me out of work for well over a week. I could not take care of my snakes, I could not do pond work, I could not ship out animals. I had customers threatened to sue me because I got so backed up on large pond jobs. I had snake people threatening to do the same. I did the pond work, it took longer then expected. I worked EVERY DAY, early in the morning until late at night to finish these up. I had no time to ship out snakes, nor care for them, not even take a picture. I had snakes die, snakes that were already sold, waiting to be shipped.

I then reordered animals from my supplier, but he was unable to ship as the airline we used last time had an embargo now on live animals from the Congo. This went on for months, until recently when I was able to work it out. My supplier has since had problems supplying the animals because of delays we the airlines cause, whcih means some of the animals die before they reach me. Thus, I have not been able to supply them.

I pretty much took off a bigger bite then I could chew. The money was gone, as I paid my suppliers which sent me the animals. The orginal deal was not to have all the shipments come at once, but they did. Delays pushed some back and others forward, and they all came at the worst time. I couldn't find the help to maintain them or ship them. I was also in a tight spot with money because these were animals I already paid for, paid my broker. The pond work was going over the orginal price because of the extra labor, and I had to foot the bill. I lost potential jobs because I could not take them on until I was done with jobs that were already under contract.

So, that is pretty much how the whole damn thing went down. The rains caused my pond business to slump, and taking on too much during a bad time (which was unexpected) caused the rest to follow. It snowballed into a huge thing.

It was very hard to find myself in this position, but I created it. I saw myself as the man I always talked bad about. The person everyone calls a scammer. I told myself that yes, I would have the name for a while. Well after I take care of everything, it will still be here. I deserve people saying I will scam everyone, it is up to me to prove otherwise. What you don't hear about is all the people who sent me money and got what they wanted. The 20 plus people who got animals from my Peru shipment, that happened around the same time. You never hear about all the people who gave be priase before, or the people I supply now. Yes, I need to take care fo those I am in debt to, that is my obligation. I still need to keep the lights on at my house, feed my child, etc. I still need to work on building my business, having new shipments arrive (and old ones), and trying to make that extra money to pay off someone else I wish I didn't owe.

As for the BOI, it is half lies. All of a sudden I'm spending everyones money to run off to live in Bolivia. I'm spending lavishly to go to my brothers wedding (which was about 2 hours way). I'm making up stories about being in the Texas Senate for days on end for weeks (which I was trying to defend our hobby, you can see video of me online). I am called a lair left and right.

I never once tried to hide the fact that I had thes issues eariler this year, and they partially still continue. I could have simply changed my business name, my name, everything. I did EVERYTHING under my real name, my business name, and I was more then upfront about this situation to EVERYONE, including members on this forum.
Regards,
Justyn

Talk's cheap dude... actions speak the loudest. Specifically, the actions of making wrongs right before you start accepting new peoples' money. If you truly have to reel in new customers who have never heard of you in order to pay off the old customers to whom you still owe an outstanding debt, I'd say you're not quite in a position to be asking for anyone's trust with their hard-earned money quite yet.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Also, why is it wrong of me to sell animals until I pay the people off that I am in debt to? This is how I make that money to pay people off. This is what I live off of. How can I pay them off doing nothing? If I stop selling animals, not only will I be unable to pay them off, I'll also be without a job.

Last edited:

Nivek

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd just like to point out, I made an order with Justyn the night before yesterday and he shipped out yesterday. My package is to arrive today by noon, so I will be letting you guys know when it arrives. So far I am very happy with how he did business with me. I'll let you guys know here in a bit.

Mister Internet

Arachnosupporter +
Alright, since you seem intent on continuing to somehow make yourself look like the victim in all this...

I have already taken care of over half of those I owed a debt too. I am hoping to have the rest taken care of before the end of the year.
I'll say it again, talk is cheap. You have customers that have been waiting MONTHS for HUNDREDS, some of them THOUSANDS of dollars. How about you let everyone know when they are PAID OFF, not about how you fully intend to do so really soon, because they've been hearing THAT story for months now.

As for reeling in new customers, that is always happening, that is how you stay in business and grow. I have been on this site since 2002, when it was still in it's infancy. I sold animals then through this site, everyone was happy with the results.
You may have been a registered member since October 2002, but don't try to pretend you're something you're not. You are certainly not the first hobbyist that turned into a jobber that we've seen here, and I'm sure you won't be the last. You contributed NOTHING to this forum for almost four years, and only came back this year to post in the for sale section. I can tell that you contributed to this forum originally, but you're all about selling now, and trust me when I say that I take what goes on here VERY seriously... so when I see someone who hasn't cared to contribute here in years come back and start selling, and also find out that he's got a list of people he's indebted to, I have to assume he's only her and selling because he's interested in what this place can do for HIM, and that puts you on my radar. If you're only here in YOUR best interests, someone's got to look out for the best interests of our members here, and that's me.

I had a lot going on during that period, I got in Egypt, Congo, and Peru within two weeks. Malaysia was on it's way. I was backed up on pond work due to the record amount of rain (I own a pond and landscaping company). The rain let up, I had large contracts to finish. I was trying to set-up orders, sex animals, work on ponds, and ship order, so I was not getting much sleep.
Sounds like you need to pick one business that you can handle when things get crazy, rather than two that you can't. I understand stuff happens, but when you accept people's money in a business transaction, it's not really their problem that stuff happens to you.

I was sexing some Echis coloratus one night well past midnight when I was biten by a small male. That bite put me out of work for well over a week. I could not take care of my snakes, I could not do pond work, I could not ship out animals. I had customers threatened to sue me because I got so backed up on large pond jobs. I had snake people threatening to do the same. I did the pond work, it took longer then expected. I worked EVERY DAY, early in the morning until late at night to finish these up. I had no time to ship out snakes, nor care for them, not even take a picture. I had snakes die, snakes that were already sold, waiting to be shipped.

I then reordered animals from my supplier, but he was unable to ship as the airline we used last time had an embargo now on live animals from the Congo. This went on for months, until recently when I was able to work it out. My supplier has since had problems supplying the animals because of delays we the airlines cause, whcih means some of the animals die before they reach me. Thus, I have not been able to supply them.

I pretty much took off a bigger bite then I could chew. The money was gone, as I paid my suppliers which sent me the animals. The orginal deal was not to have all the shipments come at once, but they did. Delays pushed some back and others forward, and they all came at the worst time. I couldn't find the help to maintain them or ship them. I was also in a tight spot with money because these were animals I already paid for, paid my broker. The pond work was going over the orginal price because of the extra labor, and I had to foot the bill. I lost potential jobs because I could not take them on until I was done with jobs that were already under contract.

So, that is pretty much how the whole damn thing went down. The rains caused my pond business to slump, and taking on too much during a bad time (which was unexpected) caused the rest to follow. It snowballed into a huge thing.
I think your current customers would be very interested to hear how you plan on avoiding this in the future. It sounds like you're chalking it all up to bad luck, but no one put a gun to your head and made you promise that money orders were going to arrive back to people when you knew full well you hadn't sent them.

It was very hard to find myself in this position, but I created it. I saw myself as the man I always talked bad about. The person everyone calls a scammer. I told myself that yes, I would have the name for a while. Well after I take care of everything, it will still be here. I deserve people saying I will scam everyone, it is up to me to prove otherwise. What you don't hear about is all the people who sent me money and got what they wanted. The 20 plus people who got animals from my Peru shipment, that happened around the same time. You never hear about all the people who gave be priase before, or the people I supply now. Yes, I need to take care fo those I am in debt to, that is my obligation. I still need to keep the lights on at my house, feed my child, etc. I still need to work on building my business, having new shipments arrive (and old ones), and trying to make that extra money to pay off someone else I wish I didn't owe.
Yes, all of what you just said is absolutely correct. Until such time as the label no longer applies to you, it is absolutely our business how you conduct yourself here, I'm sure you understand.

As for the BOI, it is half lies. All of a sudden I'm spending everyones money to run off to live in Bolivia. I'm spending lavishly to go to my brothers wedding (which was about 2 hours way). I'm making up stories about being in the Texas Senate for days on end for weeks (which I was trying to defend our hobby, you can see video of me online). I am called a lair left and right.
It may well be half lies, but if the thread about you is even REMOTELY half-true, it makes you a slimy businessman at best. And I'm not sure what you expect people to call you when you PROMISE your customers that their refunds are in the mail and they don't show up. Repeatedly. If those aren't the actions of a liar, what label do you prefer?

I never once tried to hide the fact that I had thes issues eariler this year, and they partially still continue. I could have simply changed my business name, my name, everything. I did EVERYTHING under my real name, my business name, and I was more then upfront about this situation to EVERYONE, including members on this forum.
Regards,
Justyn
I understand that you appear to be trying to do the right thing. The facts remain that you have promised phantom refunds that never existed, sold animals you didn't have, used deposit money as income instead of what it really is, and betrayed the trust of nearly all your friends in the herp industry. You must understand that these things won't just go away, and that the slightest smell of funny business will be on my radar before the ink's even dry on your post.

Those are all the reasons why I am looking out for the members here by making sure they have all the information they can possibly have before dealing with you, as an Admin.

As a person, I'd never give you a dime of my business because you, by your own words in that monstrosity of a thread, used the fact that you had "been there for" and "helped" a well-known gecko breeder and her family during the time when they lost their young son, and presented that as some kind of reason why they should overlook your recent shady business dealings... that kind of thing is done only by the lowest form of human being. But that is a moral judgment and doesn't necessarily speak to your ability to pack and animal and ship it on time.

I'm not trying to run you out of business... I don't even have the authority or reason to keep you from doing business here... what I do have is zero tolerance towards the kind of people that generally get involved in the kinds of things that generally cause the kind of situation you're in now, and it's my job to look out for our members, above all. Thanks.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i saw some interesting inverts on his FS list, and i would give him a chance.. but.. i only pay with paypal, unless it's someone that's i've done excessive business with before or a dealer.

nothing personal against you justyn, im just saying that when it's something over 40$ in value, i only use paypal because that's the only way i would have a chance of getting my money back, assuming something went wrong.

and also, i know members that SWEAR by paypal and won't pay any other way. im willing to bet that if you got paypal, more people would come to you. that might be a wrong assumption, but it's worth a try ;) i know people who have turned down adult female P regalis for 50$, just because the seller wouldn't accept paypal. and honestly, i can say i don't blame them.

just trying to help out here Justyn :)

credit card would work, but i don't have one.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I never responded to this except in private e-mails. When I said I was there for my friends "time of need" in a PRIVATE e-mail I was refering to when my friend would call me last minute to help her and her family, totally unrelated to her sons death, before and after. I dropped EVERYTHING many times to help them move into a new house, watched their youngest son when her mom refused to, etc. I never told her we had prior obligations, I just canceled anything that was going on to make her life a little easier. They twisted it on fauna to say make it seem like I used my best friend for some sort of gain. Worst of all, her sons death. They are the ones who are using her sons death as a gain, a fight agianst me. Craig told this to me himself. He twisted my e-mail to him as a way to pit my friend against me, and it worked.

I have never seen anything so painful then to see a 14 year old's body in a casket and his mother towering over it greving. Don't you EVER assume what I ment.

I vividly remember her calling me while I was at Taco Bell telling me her son was dead, shortly after she found out. I could barely move, I didn't know what to do. I couldn't even tell my wife or son sitting next to me for a few minutes. We had to pull over and wait for quite a while before we were even able to drive the short distance home. I didn't know her son as well as I would like, be he was my friend. Someone I talked to on a regular basis. someone I watched grow into a young man, someone you touched my families lives.

I have problems with people posting the facts, but what you did below was wrong.

As a person, I'd never give you a dime of my business because you, by your own words in that monstrosity of a thread, used the fact that you had "been there for" and "helped" a well-known gecko breeder and her family during the time when they lost their young son, and presented that as some kind of reason why they should overlook your recent shady business dealings... that kind of thing is done only by the lowest form of human being. But that is a moral judgment and doesn't necessarily speak to your ability to pack and animal and ship it on time.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not so with Paypal. You are secure with a credit card though (or debit). That is one reason why I heavely promote it as a payment option.

I refuse to use paypal, at the height of all these issues I had money in Paypal, a fair amount. My account was frozen due to complaints, and the money I had to refund people, I couldn't. It was a gaint mess, I will never use that service agian.

i saw some interesting inverts on his FS list, and i would give him a chance.. but.. i only pay with paypal, unless it's someone that's i've done excessive business with before or a dealer.

nothing personal against you justyn, im just saying that when it's something over 40$ in value, i only use paypal because that's the only way i would have a chance of getting my money back, assuming something went wrong.

and also, i know members that SWEAR by paypal and won't pay any other way. im willing to bet that if you got paypal, more people would come to you. that might be a wrong assumption, but it's worth a try ;) i know people who have turned down adult female P regalis for 50$, just because the seller wouldn't accept paypal. and honestly, i can say i don't blame them.

just trying to help out here Justyn :)

credit card would work, but i don't have one.

Justyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have been in the business since I was in 5th grade, when I started to breed tropical fish and sell them the local fish stores.

Yes, I was a hobbyist, I still am. I stopped posting on this site because I sold off most of my tarantulas (at one time over 900 of them). I still keep a small collection, mostly of native Aphonopelmas. I don't post here much anymore because I don't really have specimens people would be interested in seeing or hearing about. I do sell other species, but I don't keep them for myself. They make me itch too bad.

I am all about selling now, I admit that, just like most of your posters who sell animals. I am also for the advancement of the hobby, and I'll freely give out information to anyone who would like it. I've bred many species of T's, and kept an even larger variety. Sure, I don't spend the time posting on this site anymore, what should I write about?

You may have been a registered member since October 2002, but don't try to pretend you're something you're not. You are certainly not the first hobbyist that turned into a jobber that we've seen here, and I'm sure you won't be the last. You contributed NOTHING to this forum for almost four years, and only came back this year to post in the for sale section. I can tell that you contributed to this forum originally, but you're all about selling now, and trust me when I say that I take what goes on here VERY seriously... so when I see someone who hasn't cared to contribute here in years come back and start selling, and also find out that he's got a list of people he's indebted to, I have to assume he's only her and selling because he's interested in what this place can do for HIM, and that puts you on my radar. If you're only here in YOUR best interests, someone's got to look out for the best interests of our members here, and that's me.

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i only pay with paypal, unless it's someone that's i've done excessive business with before or a dealer.

Another good reason for using Paypal or a similar service is to keep your credit card info safe. If you give someone your actual credit card number you better have enough faith in them to believe they won't go on a spending spree with your money.

True you can dispute it and be limited to something like $50 liability against charges you didn't make if done in a timely manner, but why risk it. The protection for debit cards is much less, you can be held liable for upto $200 if reported in a timely manner and the time you have to report is much shorter. (Some banks go above the legal requirements in the protection they offer, but don't assume yours does without checking.)