Ideal size enclosure for 9" T.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yo calm down people, I said she's a hand-me-down.
She's still being shipped(hopefully). I don't even know if she's a g. Pulchra or not. The guy just said he's gonna give me a big black 8-9" t. Don't get the guy wrong, he's a very enthusiastic keeper but he likes pulling surprises every so often.
You posted asking for the size of enclos ure for a 9" G. Pulchra, that's very specific dude, when is your humongous spider arriving? I am really intrigued now - you've got to post a picture of the monster ASAP mate, we're all dying to see it.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I get your point here but 10 gallon aquariums aren't 30"...you say your P.cancerides only uses about 20", well that's exactly the length of a 10 gallon tank.
I believe he was addressing the second post in this thread, where someone was recommending a 20 gallon long and calling out the 12" x 12" x 30" dimensions.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I believe he was addressing the second post in this thread, where someone was recommending a 20 gallon long and calling out the 12" x 12" x 30" dimensions.
20 gallon enclosure is overkill surely, what are the dimensions of a 10 gallon enclosure, surely that would be suitable for a 9" terrestrial sp. I'm not sure what the dimensions of the 10 compared to the 20 gallon would be I'm only going from what I can recall. Has the OP posted what sp. it is yet.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
20 gallon enclosure is overkill surely, what are the dimensions of a 10 gallon enclosure, surely that would be suitable for a 9" terrestrial sp. I'm not sure what the dimensions of the 10 compared to the 20 gallon would be I'm only going from what I can recall. Has the OP posted what sp. it is yet.
*holds up hands*

it's about yay big by so wide

20" wide x 10" deep x 12" tall
A 10 gallon is sufficient for most any T.
No new info from the OP yet on the "G. pulchra".

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
T
A 10 gallon is sufficient for most any T.
TBH I'm not surprised, although no matter what sp. the T is we would all like to see it, it just sounded dodgy from the start, I would like to proven wrong, but if it were you or me that had a 9" terrestrial sp. you would want to show it off, come on OP where's the picture. Prove us all wrong I really want to see this mahoosive tarantula :snaphappy:

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
TBH I'm not surprised,
He started the thread Saturday. It's only Wednesday. Hardly enough time has passed to get impatient. He never said it was on its way in his first post. He said the person he's getting it from also likes to pull surprises. He's never said that it has definitely been shipped. Patience peeps. It's a virtue. I'll start wondering around the 1.5-2 week mark. Gears turn slow sometimes especially if there's no rush to ship. If I were him reading these impatient posts it would just encourage me to delay posting just to mess with you.

Give it a few days, he knows where this thread is, he'll update when he gets it and has photos. If not, we can bump the post later, if it's that important to us we'll remember to ask for a follow-up :)

...when is your humongous spider arriving? I am really intrigued now....
The burning question!

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
He started the thread Saturday. It's only Wednesday. Hardly enough time has passed to get impatient. He never said it was on its way in his first post. He said the person he's getting it from also likes to pull surprises. He's never said that it has definitely been shipped. Patience peeps. It's a virtue. I'll start wondering around the 1.5-2 week mark. Gears turn slow sometimes especially if there's no rush to ship. If I were him reading these impatient posts it would just encourage me to delay posting just to mess with you.

Give it a few days, he knows where this thread is, he'll update when he gets it and has photos. If not, we can bump the post later, if it's that important to us we'll remember to ask for a follow-up :)

The burning question!
Ouch my fingers are well and truly burnt then, I'm waiting to see the spider,
patience is not my strong point.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Yo calm down people, I said she's a hand-me-down.
She's still being shipped(hopefully). I don't even know if she's a g. Pulchra or not. The guy just said he's gonna give me a big black 8-9" t. Don't get the guy wrong, he's a very enthusiastic keeper but he likes pulling surprises every so often.
Awesome, do you have any idea when the spider is arriving or when it's being shipped, these things shouldn't be left to chance, especially arranging the setup for the species, you really should know what you have arriving so you can get organised for new addition, good luck and I hope you get the best surprise of you life. That would be cool if you were to receive a 9" terrestrial sp.

Petah Parkah

Arachnosquire
IMG_7573.JPG The thing just arrived and just wtf. The thing isn't even past the 4" mark. I'm never trusting the guy again.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
The thing just arrived and just wtf. The thing isn't even past the 4" mark. I'm never trusting the guy again.
Grammostola pulchra is still a beautiful display tarantula, even if you don't have a giant. (But you should have been skeptical of someone claiming to sell a 9" pulchra, as they generally max out at about 6".)

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Still a beauty though...but yeah...not a 9 inch monster. I hope you didn't pay 9inch money...

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Sounds like a fishing story. "I caught a fish that was thiiiiiiiiiiiis long!" and then you measure it and it's like 50% that size.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Don't get the guy wrong, he's a very enthusiastic keeper but he likes pulling surprises every so often.
Looks like you predicted the outcome, next time don't believe it until you see it.
View attachment 246528 The thing just arrived and just wtf. The thing isn't even past the 4" mark. I'm never trusting the guy again.
lmao what a monster! Maybe he's measuring in cm. 9cm is around 3-4 inches. Don't sweat it, I wasn't expecting to see a 9" G.pulchra anyway.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
The OP might not have enough experience with pulchras to know that 9" exceeds the bounds of reason. Don't be so hard. We all started in the same place and we've all asked what we now think are silly questions. The OP just repeated what they were told and then when the truth was revealed, posted pictures showing the error. A troll wouldn't have done that and my hat's off to the OP for providing accurate information as soon as it was available. Nice T by the way. Very beautiful in spite of it's proportional handicap.

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
lmao what a monster! Maybe he's measuring in cm. 9cm is around 3-4 inches. Don't sweat it, I wasn't expecting to see a 9" G.pulchra anyway.
I'm with you, can about guarantee that's what happened. Surprised no one thought of that earlier, I know I didn't lol.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I'm with you, can about guarantee that's what happened. Surprised no one thought of that earlier, I know I didn't lol.
I thought the seller was just full of manure TBH, lovely looking sp. though, and @Petah Parkah you certainly captured a great shot, lovely looking spider, the iridescence on the underside is beautiful, I'm a little disappointed for you, especially when you were expecting a 9" terrestrial sp. But hey you've got yourself a beauty there.

boina

Lady of the mites
Are you really sure this is a G. pulchra? The rings on the legs make me wonder, and the attitude, and the iridescent scopula, and...

Maybe I'm blind or an idiot, but my first thought seeing that pic was Asian arboreal... @KezyGLA , @cold blood , can a pulchra's legs look like that?