Ideal size enclosure for 9" T.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Its an Asian sp. Definitely not a pulchra. It has markings on the side of the chelicerae that some Haplopelma species have. So my guess would be Haplopelma hainanum or minax

Edit: can you post dorsal photo?

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Are you really sure this is a G. pulchra? The rings on the legs make me wonder, and the attitude, and the iridescent scopula, and...

Maybe I'm blind or an idiot, but my first thought seeing that pic was Asian arboreal... @KezyGLA , @cold blood , can a pulchra's legs look like that?
@boina I've just had another look mate, I don't think it looks like a G. pulchra either, as you say it does look like an Asia arboreal, especially the rings around the joints, I would hazard a guess at some kind of Ornithoctoninae, could be any sp. from the Asian arboreals, not the best picture for IDing purposes, still a great action shot. @Petah Parkah could you post a picture of the dorsal side of the spider a shot from above mate, cheers pal.

Last edited:

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Its an Asian sp. Definitely not a pulchra. It has markings on the side of the chelicerae that some Haplopelma species have. So my guess would be Haplopelma hainanum
Aah your good mate, just like that, wish I could ID a spider as quickly as you can, in time I'll get there, but yeah I was thinking along the same lines, not exactly what you've ID'd but an Asian arboreal for sure. Haha I wish I was that good at identification, but no not yet.;)

boina

Lady of the mites
Its an Asian sp. Definitely not a pulchra. It has markings on the side of the chelicerae that some Haplopelma species have. So my guess would be Haplopelma hainanum or minax

Edit: can you post dorsal photo?
Not an arboreal, but still an Asian :).

cold blood

Staff member
While that pic posted is a nice shot...its a horrible shot to try to show the species...like, couldn't be worse. Give us a dorsal shot...with flash please!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It also looks like it's threatposing instead of just normal 'haul food-stance'. I thought it was just me...
I hope OP keeps his fingers away...
Like... 'awwwww, that's a cute little pulchra, aren't you?Yes you are, ahhhhhh <¥©<{{* YOU'RE NOT A PULCHRA!

Would be mad as heck towards the seller if it is actually an Asian sniper instead of a 'docile' pulchra..

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
It also looks like it's threatposing instead of just normal 'haul food-stance'. I thought it was just me...
I hope OP keeps his fingers away...
Like... 'awwwww, that's a cute little pulchra, aren't you?Yes you are, ahhhhhh <¥©<{{* YOU'RE NOT A PULCHRA!

Would be mad as heck towards the seller if it is actually an Asian sniper instead of a 'docile' pulchra..
It's not a pulchra - no way , the markings are wrong for it to be a G. pulchra, I'm thinking the person e got it from is a friend or someone he knows, just by the way he said - he likes to surprise me sometimes, and some other comments makes it sound as though it wasn't a purchase, @Petah Parkah could you clarify, how and where you received your supposed G. pulchra, and post a dorsal shot from right above the spider - try to get the whole spider in the picture so we can get a detailed view - with flash please.

Petah Parkah

Arachnosquire
As I said before, this is a hand-me-down from a guy that I'm never trusting again so I spent no money at all. As for the dorsal shots, I'll try as soon as he settles into his new enclosure or until I ain't busy with journalism and soccer practice plus band practice. Whichever comes first.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I thought the seller was just full of manure TBH, lovely looking sp. though, and @Petah Parkah you certainly captured a great shot, lovely looking spider, the iridescence on the underside is beautiful, I'm a little disappointed for you, especially when you were expecting a 9" terrestrial sp. But hey you've got yourself a beauty there.
I was disappointed for him too but found it extremely hilarious given the prior comments from everyone involved :) It is a darn fine photo though!

Apologies for my prior post, sounds like it came across harsher than intended, I was just trying to say we should be patient and not irritate Petah or he might screw with us lol. Sorry.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I was disappointed for him too but found it extremely hilarious given the prior comments from everyone involved :) It is a darn fine photo though!

Apologies for my prior post, sounds like it came across harsher than intended, I was just trying to say we should be patient and not irritate Petah or he might screw with us lol. Sorry.
Ah no need mate, it didn't sound harsh at all, you/we just have to read it in the manner it was written, I really get annoyed when people read more into a post than what is actually written and read it a couple of times just to get the meaning of the post. I don't think it's a G. pulchra anyway, neither do a few members, it looks more like an Asian arboreal, just by the iridescence of the underside of the legs, and the rings around the joints, G. pulchra don't have those markings.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
Iridescence under the legs? You mean the scopulated tarsus and metatarsus? Many spiders have that especially arboreals, NW and OW.

I see this often from many of my spiders during feeding. Just keeping their legs clear of the prey until the venom subdueds them. That's what I've thought anyway.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I'm getting there lol. 38 going on 60...I'm sure you'll return the favor :p

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Beardies are awesome, but they are literally poop machines, not a low maintenance pet.
Ringo is on slate tile and clean up is pretty easy. IMO you shouldn't keep BD on loose substrate. They will eat it with they prey which can cause compaction pretty easily. I just spot clean when he goes and I take out the tiles once a month and give them a soak cleaning. He tends to poop in the same spot (tile) most of the time so that's helpful.

@user 666 if you want to see some photos of my setup hit me up on PM. I also have a great nutrition guide for them as well.

Sorry about the thread hijack... they started it. :D

Last edited: