How do you dispose of you're deceased T's?

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I had to euthanize a bunch of extra Dubias the other day, before chucking them in the garbage. Note to self: Two hours in the freezer is not enough.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I had to euthanize a bunch of extra Dubias the other day, before chucking them in the garbage. Note to self: Two hours in the freezer is not enough.
Wish I had that problem although I did once , I barely have enough Dubias right now . Lucky my Ts just aren’t eating much.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
My mum and I are of a very spiritual family, so we treat our deceased pals the same way as if they were a deceased human pal...
Thank you for your response to my direct question. I, too, believe in honoring all life within our care. I plan on burying my T’s the same way I would any other pet. I lay them on a bird of paradise or a fan palm leaf and say a little prayer. I had thought it was you that mentioned burying in the pots under plants, but will have to search to find who had posted that. It was a few months back.

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
Thank you for your response to my direct question. I, too, believe in honoring all life within our care. I plan on burying my T’s the same way I would any other pet. I lay them on a bird of paradise or a fan palm leaf and say a little prayer. I had thought it was you that mentioned burying in the pots under plants, but will have to search to find who had posted that. It was a few months back.
That is a wonderful idea and your buddy will find that nice. It will also give you tons of peace of mind!
I might have been me who mentioned burying under a plant a while back, since my family does that too. I heard that other cultures are fond of it as well. Small critters, we like to place under small plants, but large ones like our family dogs, we bury under trees or shrubs. When the plants grow and bloom, my family is reminded of the circle of life, and we like to imagine the body and spirit of our buddies becoming the plant and growing more beautiful each day. The Chinese side of my family who lives in backwoods China has done this for centuries for both departed animal pals and human loved ones as well. We love visiting the trees devoted to ancestors and favorite family dogs or horses. There's also a legend going around that if the plant blooms and prospers well, the person or critter was of good heart and spirit. If the plant grows ragged, they may have accumulated bad karma!

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
That is a wonderful idea and your buddy will find that nice. It will also give you tons of peace of mind!
I might have been me who mentioned burying under a plant a while back, since my family does that too. I heard that other cultures are fond of it as well. Small critters, we like to place under small plants, but large ones like our family dogs, we bury under trees or shrubs. When the plants grow and bloom, my family is reminded of the circle of life, and we like to imagine the body and spirit of our buddies becoming the plant and growing more beautiful each day. The Chinese side of my family who lives in backwoods China has done this for centuries for both departed animal pals and human loved ones as well. We love visiting the trees devoted to ancestors and favorite family dogs or horses. There's also a legend going around that if the plant blooms and prospers well, the person or critter was of good heart and spirit. If the plant grows ragged, they may have accumulated bad karma!
Such a beautiful way to honor both your ancestors and your beloved companions. ❤

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
If I have a pet that lived for over a decade, I'm all in for ceremony, lol. They deserve at least that. But I'm talking is it legal to just toss one in the trash, they are a poisonous species after all.
They're venomous not poisonous.

Their venom is null post expiration. If you cannot bury it then trash can it goes. But I believe they deserve an honorary goodbye. Even my short lived true spiders get that.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
They're venomous not poisonous.

Their venom is null post expiration. If you cannot bury it then trash can it goes. But I believe they deserve an honorary goodbye. Even my short lived true spiders get that.
I obviously didn't realize there was a difference, thanks for the clarification!

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Congratulations, you have reminded me why I placed you on ignore forever ago.

@Michael Livote
Do you have any friends or family that have plots of land you could utilize in the event that you'd need to use it?
I used to, but sadly not anymore. In the middle of a concrete jungle it's not an easy task to do unfortunately. So it's like the goldfish we all had as a child (flush!!), it's an uneasy end for our dear friends that is all that's left to us.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
There’s always a hike in a forest, desert, etc. Or a secret, night mission to a local park.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
There’s always a hike in a forest, desert, etc. Or a secret, night mission to a local park.
My friend actually did that with one of his to a local small park at night. There are tons of cops where I live and he took a huge chance doing it....not my cup of tea so to speak.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I'm planning to pin and dry my two Ts that I've lost, they are currently in our spare freezer. One I know I can do it with but the other had a very bald abdomen so I don't know how well that's going to work. But honestly people can do whatever they feel is right. Burying, wet preserving, whatever.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I build small Viking Ships, place the T in it, set it a flame and push it out to sea

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I yeet them into the trash. They're bugs and I've got very little emotional attachment to them honestly.