How do you dispose of you're deceased T's?

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
This is a morbid one, but it's also important, especially if you live in an apartment building in the middle of a city. I used to have my sister living in a house with a yard that I buried departed T's in, but that option no longer exists unfortunately. Any advice on how to proceed here?

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Not had to do it a lot, but in general the Garbage, as a city person myself i,d say you shouldn't flush nutrients into the sewers, it feeds rats and other pests.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I'm not much of a ceremony type. Out with the garbage or flush it down the John.
If I have a pet that lived for over a decade, I'm all in for ceremony, lol. They deserve at least that. But I'm talking is it legal to just toss one in the trash, they are a poisonous species after all.

Introvertebrate

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
If I have a pet that lived for over a decade, I'm all in for ceremony, lol. They deserve at least that. But I'm talking is it legal to just toss one in the trash, they are a poisonous species after all.
At work we've got separate bins for "biohazard" type stuff. Gloves, masks, or gowns that may have been exposed to Covid, for instance. I would imagine that any remaining venom would break down pretty quickly.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
At work we've got separate bins for "biohazard" type stuff. Gloves, masks, or gowns that may have been exposed to Covid, for instance. I would imagine that any remaining venom would break down pretty quickly.
Sounds good. Trash it is then...sigh. I wish I could bury it though, it's been 12 years after all ☹

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Sounds good. Trash it is then...sigh. I wish I could bury it though, it's been 12 years after all ☹
yea, i get the sentiment but its not really sanitary to bury them in a park

or worse inside a potted houseplant, that will just attrackt phoridae

you dont need to worry about the poison, it decays easily, unlike some manmade chemical compounds

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
Sorry for your loss. She stuck with you through thick and thin. Or maybe just thick?
She was among my first ones and the last of them to go. I knew she was going though, no food for over 2 months and she simply stopped responding to anything. Still, it hurts. Thanks!

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
There is a user here who has has spoken of burying them with a plant. I’ve only lost a little one so far and it is decaying with its colony of springtails in a condiment cup.

fq314

Arachnosquire
You could preserve it in isopropyl alcohol if it’s not too late. Other than that, there really isn’t a whole lot you can do here. I would go down the garbage route if preserving isn’t an option

Last edited:

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
If it is indeed dead, and is fresh, then, only then I give to other tarantulas. If not, I give to either feeder roaches or isopods.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
If it is indeed dead, and is fresh, then, only then I give to other tarantulas. If not, I give to either feeder roaches or isopods.
Sadly she's already down the garbage disposal, didn't think to use it as food for the other ones, as barbaric as that sounds 😂

Liquifin

Arachnoking
For me, it makes more sense to just bury them and return them back to mother nature.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I was going to try and preserve and mount them but I took too long and they got thrown away by someone else . So the answer is the trash usually. I don’t have any display cases and it’s just too depressing to look at a spider I kept for so long dead . It’s sad 😢
Rubbing alcohol I might try but I don’t know which percentage.