How do you dispose of you're deceased T's?

Gilligan

Arachnosquire
I was going to try and preserve and mount them but I took too long and they got thrown away by someone else . So the answer is the trash usually. I don’t have any display cases and it’s just too depressing to look at a spider I kept for so long dead . It’s sad 😢
Rubbing alcohol I might try but I don’t know which percentage.
The drugstore rubbing alcohol works well. Look for 70%. It does degrade color though and will need to be periodically replaced.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
salt, pepper, fry them lightly in oil until crunchy

then allow your T to continue the journey of life as part of the trophic cycle

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
@HooahArmy how did you bury your and your mom’s deceased T’s?
My mum and I are of a very spiritual family, so we treat our deceased pals the same way as if they were a deceased human pal...
1. Prepare grave and tiny casket/colored tissue wrapping
2. Light candles and incense and recite a prayer.
3. Play tiny TAPS, salute, and then fold a tiny flag. (Only if the T had been living with me)
4. Bury the T in the garden, preferably within vicinity of a plant where the creature can continue the circle of life.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
My mum and I are of a very spiritual family, so we treat our deceased pals the same way as if they were a deceased human pal...
1. Prepare grave and tiny casket/colored tissue wrapping
2. Light candles and incense and recite a prayer.
3. Play tiny TAPS, salute, and then fold a tiny flag. (Only if the T had been living with me)
4. Bury the T in the garden, preferably within vicinity of a plant where the creature can continue the circle of life.
I don't go quite that far, but I did do a small coffin, and I did do a proper burial. Least I could do for my tiny friend!

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
So far, with the only few slings I've had not make it, they are buried under a tree in my front yard. I still have no idea what I'll do with my MM Lp, my first and most special to me, when he goes. Probably regular garbage. I plan to have a framed portrait of him someday, not planning on keeping his actual body around. That said though, we do still have our first and only scorpion in the freezer, almost 4 years now, lol.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
If they're in decent condition, my husband will cast them in resin or pin them up in a shadowbox for me to display. Really tiny ones or specimens in really rough shape get buried in the garden in our backyard.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Well 💩 everyone just make me feel like 💩

Coffin is a small container, (what 🥪 meat comes in), ground is the trash can.

If It was possible I would cremate and keep the ashes. Have their urn next to my younger brother and dog urns.

Last edited:

Babilove6979

Arachnopeon
I haven’t tried it with my Ts but I had some pet hissing roaches I put in isopropyl alcohol but as someone stated above it kinda makes the color fade and I have to switch out the alcohol every so often to keep it clear. I have some Ts and scorpions that have passed in my freezer and I want to mount them but I haven’t gotten to it yet… I’m scared I’m going to mess it up so I keep putting it off 😭

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
I'd be careful with a garbage disposal as the exoskeleton is made of chitin, just like shrimp tails. If there's nowhere to bury it the best option would be the trash. Since you're in NYC you might be able to find a rooftop garden somewhere you could bury it in. Or perhaps put it in a pot under some dirt and set it outside until it decomposes; then plant a flower in it or something.

Michael Livote

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter
I'd be careful with a garbage disposal as the exoskeleton is made of chitin, just like shrimp tails. If there's nowhere to bury it the best option would be the trash. Since you're in NYC you might be able to find a rooftop garden somewhere you could bury it in. Or perhaps put it in a pot under some dirt and set it outside until it decomposes; then plant a flower in it or something.
The disposal did a good job, she's already been placed into the garbage bins outside my building. Not the end I envisioned for her, but at least it's done. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions (even the fun ones!). Our little friends can be with us longer than most people do, it's always a good thing to try and see them off with some dignity if at all possible!