help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Lately people seem to only care about handling and dramatic threads. The interesting ones( the ones that we tend to learn from) get buried by the garbage.
Something ive also noticed in my short time here.
I feel like some of my threads get ignored by a few of the seasoned people here that could provide useful information because they automatically group me in with the other (not so serious) newbies.
And im actually here to learn and further my own knowledge and perhaps even the hobby in general, if i make it that far.
My point is, some of the more serious newbies are being effected, as well. Its not just the people that have been here for years or more. I make jokes and get wrapped up in the garbage sometimes, yes, but its not why I'm here. I genuinely care and want to learn and the trolls make it difficult.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
you mad bro :D:wacky:
Man youve really gotta stop burning bridges before youve built them, I get where youre coming from with "proving youself" or proving others wrong or whatever exactly you are aiming for but this community is absolutely amazing and may have advice or may be able to help you further down the road in ways you cant imagine. Not to mention the people that breed and sell on site may not want to sell to you in future if this is how you orchestrate yourself on the site :cyclops:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, I only see things from this side but I feel like maybe there's too much going on here for the number of active moderators they have. Three years ago mods would frequently comment on threads and contribute. Now the only one I really see doing that is AphonopelmaTX. It's like the site has gotten to be too big of a monster with not enough keepers poking it back into place.

millz

Arachnopeon
Absolutely. I understand where he's coming from though. Nothing irks me faster than these cocky newbies buying an advanced OW, and acting like children. I've literally met six year olds with more tact and maturity. I dunno why it's such a common theme these days and why so many people here give the general advice that getting an advanced OW as a first T is fine "if you do the proper research" because THEY themselves haven't done the proper research about the person they're giving advice to. It's about more than reading up and watching well-sourced videos. Certain people are not cut out for this hobby because they lack key qualities like patience, responsibility, and the ability to fully comprehend actions & their subsequent consequences. I've said this before and I'll say it again-- there is BIOLOGICAL PROOF that teenagers are more prone to risk-taking and cannot fully think through their actions to what the plausible consequences are. They can think it, but it doesn't hold the weight that it does for an adult with a fully myelinated brain.

I'm not trying to be ageist. I've seen responsible teenage keepers here. @Biollantefan54 comes to mind. He was like 15 or so when I was here before my hiatus and he always seemed respectful and responsible when approaching this hobby. Unfortunately, a lot of teenagers are absolutely reckless and act without thinking and give the other teenagers a bad name. Stop recommending advanced Ts as a general rule when you do not know what that person is like. Even young adults and older adults can be irresponsible and foolhardy, I can think of a few off the top of my head. And they don't even have an excuse! Their brains are completely developed!

This hobby takes more than being able to read and -hold- that new information (like someone around here, not naming any names, was told H. mac has a propensity for burrowing when young less than a month ago and 'forgot.' :rolleyes:) it takes a couple personality attributes as well. So perhaps we should stop with the trend of "if you read, you can do anything" and instead start factoring in a person's personality. If they just arrived and you haven't been able to glean what they're like yet, then assume the worst until they prove otherwise. It's not going to kill them to start off with a B. hamorii even if they are incredibly responsible and up to the challenge. It could very well kill the tarantula or other pets if they're not responsible enough, however.

I just have a lot of feelings about this subject and OP is a prime example of why the "if you read, you can handle an OW" trend needs to die.
im sorry but its post like this that irk me blah blah blah i got a old world who cares get over it i cant believe you guys still having tempertantrums over this if you didnt want me on the site NONE OF YOU WHO FEEL LIKE THIS SHOULD OF RESPONDED its that simple there where several people who commented nice thing and told me i made a mistake in a nice way and i wasnt rude to them but you select few are still whinning get over your self your not my mom i can get ANY animal i see fit too add to my collection this site is annoying im only still here to prove my h mac isnt gunna die

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
im sorry but its post like this that irk me blah blah blah i got a old world who cares get over it i cant believe you guys still having tempertantrums over this if you didnt want me on the site NONE OF YOU WHO FEEL LIKE THIS SHOULD OF RESPONDED its that simple there where several people who commented nice thing and told me i made a mistake in a nice way and i wasnt rude to them but you select few are still whinning get over your self your not my mom i can get ANY animal i see fit too add to my collection this site is annoying im only still here to prove my h mac isnt gunna die
The only child I see throwing a tantrum here is you, buckaroo.

millz

Arachnopeon
Man youve really gotta stop burning bridges before youve built them, I get where youre coming from with "proving youself" or proving others wrong or whatever exactly you are aiming for but this community is absolutely amazing and may have advice or may be able to help you further down the road in ways you cant imagine. Not to mention the people that breed and sell on site may not want to sell to you in future if this is how you orchestrate yourself on the site :cyclops:
doesnt matter spidersworld.eu ships to me and there cheaper than most of the breeders here but ik what you mean but still you cant lie theres alot of people here dragging it feeling butt hurt cause i got some thing i liked as a begginer and its working out fine proving there stupid statements wrong like who says i hope your tarantula dies on a spider site wth lol

Last edited by a moderator:

millz

Arachnopeon
The only child I see throwing a tantrum here is you, buckaroo.
oh no a middle aged woman on a tarantula site thinks im a <edit> what am i going to do oh nooo .... yea you tried it :bored:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
oh no a middle aged woman on a tarantula site thinks im a d*** what am i going to do oh nooo .... yea you tried it :bored:
:rofl: Middle aged. The average lifespan of women is 81 years. So the middle of that would be....

No one is going to care either way if your H. mac lives or dies here, just to let you know. If that's the only thing tethering you to this plane of torment, well then don't let the door hit ya where the almighty & benevolent goddess 0.1 P. muticus split ya. PBUH.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Oh my, now this is entertainment. :)

One thing to add, if you only wanted positive crap responses, you shouldn't have posted on a public forum.

I swear, no one tell him about ordering from Europe.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
@millz it's against forum rules to personally insult another member. Creative as your insult was..

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Ah damn, I think I made the troll mad.. there goes my like/dislike ratio..

Smh. There is no improvement without criticism. My advice is not unnessasarily blunt or rude here, you need to get a grip.

@millz what did I do? Give advice? Laugh at your tantrums?
Stop responding, and I'm gone.

Shampain88

Arachnosquire
Nobody is bad here that I know of lol but some are stuck in their ways... Only advice I'd give you is learn what positive criticism is, bad vibes from people should be ignored my friend :)

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
This has rapidly devolved into one of those threads i was talking about that prevents the more serious, polite, grateful people from getting the help they may need. I think it might be time to close this thread down.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I'm afraid you are rewarding bad behaviour. I was civil in my responses, but I'm getting close to the breaking point. I don't suffer teens that gladly to begin with to be honest. I used to be one, ya know, and remember well the arrogance so many of us had.

Look, if somebody with common sense does not jump in, who will? We are not a group who in general enables people.
Al a person needs to do is do a search for this sort of subject, and they should quickly realize that the returns are not going to be encouraging. I took it easy and tried to be reasonable, but I think it was the whole lying to a medical professional to be perturbing. nevermind the fact that if one is bitten by an OW, chances are high they will be yowling too loud from the result to be able to even care if they told the truth. So the machismo thing put me off quite a bit as well. Plus most doctors worth their diploma would be suspicious. And does he think his parents would go along with his story at the risk of improper medical treatment?

I don't give a hoot about whatever the feud between you and Venom is about, but it gives me a "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" vibe. Mainly because if Venom insulted anybody, he insulted the OP, and if that OP is as grown-up as he claims to be, he can take care of himself- Hint- "You're not my mom"...bad way to debate. :D

Arachnopets

Arachnoboards Team
Staff member
wow that sounds like alot of work is it worth it? what would happen if i orderd without going through that proccess
It most certainly IS a lot of work. Most definitely worth it. What would happen? You can go to jail. It's illegal, period. In addition to aiding in destroying our hobby. If you care any bit for this hobby and being able to keep your tarantulas, you will ONLY want to do things the legal way. How this is not obvious, is just mind boggling to me. SMH :banghead:

Debby

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Note the title above. Insult Debby at your own peril. ;) :D Really, though, don't.

(Inside joke alert)

She'll sic Molly Ringwald on you. Molly is terrible. As a teen she was a menace.

Gah! I invoked the name of Molly Ringwald! AND insulted her! Now she'll never consider my screenplay for "Pretty in Pinktoe", a romantic teen-comedy about a girl and her Avicularia!

Status
Not open for further replies.