help me find the breed of my tarantula

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
What's wrong with a heatmat ??
Tarantulas are not necessarily the brightest among God´s creatures :confused:. They are naturally drawn to heat and will pretty much dig themselves to wherever the heatmat is situated and stay there until they get dehydrated and/or cooked alive!

Edit: Normal room temperatures will suffice for almost any species. I keep both tropical and arid tarantulas from across the globe in a room with temperatures ranging between 20-25 degrees.

Last edited:

matypants

Arachnopeon
Don't consider the heat mat a complete waste. You could re-purpose it and use it to heat a cricket tub / enclosure. The crickets would likely breed once it is warm enough. Should you find yourself interested in tarantulas, you would have a great supply of food without much effort.

owlbear

Arachnopeon
This thread makes me happy, welcome to the hobby! Tarantulas are beautiful and fascinating animals.

Also, no worries about a heat mat, your tarantula will be just fine without it, and they can overheat easily and kill him otherwise. They are mostly very simple to care for.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I'm gonna help it live its life for a long as possible
I have absolutely no doubts about, Bradley. You have a duty to carry on. A family legacy... that no ID MM Theraphosidae is literally Arthurian material, Uther Pendragon gave him the first micro cricket, then Merlin granted him longevity.

That... your MM... he, he's a truly Britain Patriot and Legend! :bigtears: <--- tears of joy

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
I've been watching him move around it's quite fascinating the way in which they move
as another user mentioned after I read the whole thread... It would seem there is the beginnings of a tarantula enthusiast in this comment.. :)

I disagree. I think there's nothing wrong with feeding a mature male, as opposed to letting a MM die of hunger etc. I have a MM right now, he ate last night. I had a Rose Hair, MM, and it lived a full year plus, even molted at least once before literally time gave out.
:D
I've got a MM G porter that my husband bought as a MM almost 2 years ago.. he's still going strong. :)