Votes: 3 5.0%
  • True Spiders

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
Which one do you like the best and why? I personally like tarantulas the best because they have so much variety. There's just so many colors and patterns to choose from it's amazing. Scorpions are a close second for me. While they don't have the variety of colors and patterns that tarantulas offer if you're talking about general looks i'd have to give it to scorpions. They just look so epic. Centipedes are a distant third for me. Don't get me wrong they're still cool but not as cool as tarantulas and scorpions and to be honest they're kinda creepy. I may still get one eventually but right now i'd rather focus on tarantulas and scorpions. Only time will tell. True spiders I like the least. I just see no reason to bother with them since tarantulas are so much cooler in my opinion. Also I fully realize since i'm putting this under the tarantula forum rather than the scorpion, myriapod, or true spider forums that most people are probably gonna vote tarantulas but that's ok since I like tarantulas the best myself :).

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Well you posted this in Tarantula Chat so the poll results will probably be skewed towards that :p

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
I can't say I'm surprised at all but I figured hey i gotta post it in one of those threads and they're all gonna be skewed towards that particular invert so why not do it for the one I like the most lol.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tarantulas, without a doubt. I just am so fascinated by them!

Roaches and isopods would be next, then true spiders and centipdes.

I honestly don't see the appeal in scorps... I have tried to keep one here and there over the years and was just not that into it.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Tenebrionid beetles and tarantulas are tied for first place. Scorpions are second followed closely by centipedes and then true spiders.

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Octopodes or cuttlefish for me. Obviously tarantulas are very very interesting and loved, but I have this strange draw towards some cephalopods.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Crayfish.

But, tarantulas are much easier to keep, and there's a lot more variety.

Last edited:

Vinny2915

Arachnosquire
I started out with my interest in tarantulas 100% but then realized that I like so few, mainly just arboreal old world (with the exception of very few avics), so I looked into other categories, and realized scorpions are probably the same if not my favorite. They are so simple to care for (desert species don't even need much water) and can thrive in very small enclosures thus meaning you can have an extremely large collection in a tiny space. My favorite are the buthids and vaejovids so I find that there is no shortage in terms of selection. Though, the reasons tarantulas can keep up with scorpions easily for me is because of the whole fact that they can't kill you. No tarantula has ever worried me because although a bite is bad I don't see it as all that serious, you will not die, and to me if you will not be killed or extremely injured for a long time it isn't serious, though, some of my scorpions have me a little worried.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Love true spiders, giant moths are probably a close second, the close third is tarantulas I think. Next is scorpions. Last in this list is probably centipedes.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Which one do you like the best and why? I personally like tarantulas the best because they have so much variety. There's just so many colors and patterns to choose from it's amazing. Scorpions are a close second for me. While they don't have the variety of colors and patterns that tarantulas offer if you're talking about general looks i'd have to give it to scorpions. They just look so epic. Centipedes are a distant third for me. Don't get me wrong they're still cool but not as cool as tarantulas and scorpions and to be honest they're kinda creepy. I may still get one eventually but right now i'd rather focus on tarantulas and scorpions. Only time will tell. True spiders I like the least. I just see no reason to bother with them since tarantulas are so much cooler in my opinion. Also I fully realize since i'm putting this under the tarantula forum rather than the scorpion, myriapod, or true spider forums that most people are probably gonna vote tarantulas but that's ok since I like tarantulas the best myself :).
There all cool I think but tarantula are probably Lowe’st maintenance or scorpions.
It’s like asking in a audio forum if Bose is good , of coarse modern boss is garbage.
Here people probably vote tarantulas unless they primarily keep another invert .
I like all animals but am limited what my parents will permit. Or When is find another job house would be like a inverts Zoo. Still I got enough Ts for now I like there colors the most , next best is reptiles but they would not allow those.

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
Wow I gotta say I'm a bit surprised by the results so far. I expected tarantulas to win but I didn't expect them to totally crush the competition. I'm also surprised scorpions aren't coming in 2nd and that more people have voted for other and centipedes so far. Where's all the scorpion lovers at? lol

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Wow I gotta say I'm a bit surprised by the results so far. I expected tarantulas to win but I didn't expect them to totally crush the competition. I'm also surprised scorpions aren't coming in 2nd and that more people have voted for other and centipedes so far. Where's all the scorpion lovers at? lol
Almost like this is a forum primarily for tarantula keepers :rofl:

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
I know it's a forum primarily for tarantula keepers. I just figured there'd be more overlap between people keeping tarantulas and people keeping other inverts, especially scorpions, than their actually is apparently. I guess I was wrong lol.

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Abalone. I'm also pretty partial to lobsters and cephalopods.
And here I thought I was the only abalone fan, oh wait...I thought you meant a baloney.

My favorites would have to be aquatic crustaceans. I've always been drawn to aquariums but fish are nothing special and the sessile inverts (coral, anemones, sponges etc.) just don't do it for me. Gimme crabs and toss me some shrimp though and I'm a happy camper.

I did have a chiton in one of my tanks once that was pretty cool, along with a bunch of keyhole limpets (no not Das limpet although that was a great movie)

Last edited: