• True Spiders

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Other (explain in comments)

Votes: 9 15.0%

• Total voters

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
Living in Arizona is what got me into spiders. It's an invert wonderland.

@ScorpionEvo687 I kind of get the sense that you're a kid, but if I'm wrong and you've got a car/money and some freedom, you could probably get in touch with 8paws tarantulas and drive a few hours to Columbus to buy some cool spiders from them.

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
I live in NE Ohio so really about the only thing I could catch especially this time of year would be a small to medium sized wolf spider (sure ain't no HUGE wolf spiders like the H. Carolinensis around here, I'll tell you that much). I wish I lived somewhere like Arizona. Then maybe I could actually go out and catch something REALLY cool like an H. arizonensis, A. chalcodes or S. heros (or polymorpha). 🙂
A wolf spider's more exciting than anything in my home country, we get itty bitty centipedes, Giant house spiders ( which aren't actually very large),There is the noble false widow yet I've never seen one, no scorpions at all. Except for a localised invasive species at a single port so you can make do with that wolf spider,True spiders too will be interesting to keep, predatory beetles too, I think you have a variety of choice you just haven't realised yet

Last edited:

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
stomatopods (aka mantis shrimp) they are fairly smart and really interesting marine reef pests to some feeding them is a blast

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
Living in Arizona is what got me into spiders. It's an invert wonderland.

@ScorpionEvo687 I kind of get the sense that you're a kid, but if I'm wrong and you've got a car/money and some freedom, you could probably get in touch with 8paws tarantulas and drive a few hours to Columbus to buy some cool spiders from them.
I'm not a kid. I'm literally 27 lol. Thanks for the recommendation though. Does that dealer have an online website by any chance? Whether in store or online it is nice to have dealers in state. Thanks.

ScorpionEvo687

Arachnoknight
A wolf spider's more exciting than anything in my home country, we get itty bitty centipedes, Giant house spiders ( which aren't actually very large),There is the noble false widow yet I've never seen one, no scorpions at all. Except for a localised invasive species at a single port so you can make do with that wolf spider,True spiders too will be interesting to keep, predatory beetles too, I think you have a variety of choice you just haven't realised yet
The problem with true spiders is the short lifespan & also the fact that they're so much smaller than tarantulas (most of them anyways, except perhaps a few species of huntsman if you're talking solely leg span & discounting girth). I'll probably just wait till it gets warmer and then just buy some inverts. Lol.

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
The problem with true spiders is the short lifespan & also the fact that they're so much smaller than tarantulas (most of them anyways, except perhaps a few species of huntsman if you're talking solely leg span & discounting girth). I'll probably just wait till it gets warmer and then just buy some inverts. Lol.
Short lifespan isn't necessarily a negative, they could be a " placeholder " whilst you wait for the changing season, a good portion of true spiders also live for longer than a year so it isn't too short