Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
P. formosa.

10 Gallon tank. Old root ball sawed off a large washed up tree on a riverbank. To make the den I cut a milk jug to fit a hole in the center of the root mass which I hot glued on. After which I hot glued moss to close any gaps and to cover the plastic. I also hot glued moss to the cut area towards the bottom. Very simple and it didn’t take long at all....plus I recycled in the process :D

Front

Front

Left side

back

Right side

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanx Paul!! And once again I really like you’re set up and the ornata isn’t half bad either :drool: :D

keegan150

Arachnopeon
im new so i decided to post my G. rosea tank pics
they might not be that good tho
lol

pokemon posters...oh yeah lol:)

through the trees...

here he/she is(anyone help me sex it?)-Kumonga

well
what do u think?

Last edited:

Robert Seliger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The following two pics are big glass tanks, where I kept a group of Poecilotheria formosa and Poecilotheria fasciata inside, long time ago. I think it was in 2004.

Tank: 40cm x 40cm x 80cm
Poecilotheria formosa

Tank: 40cm x 40cm x 80cm
Poecilotheria fasciata

Regards.
Robert

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
A few months ago I started creating custom tanks and custom backgrounds, but it took a lote more time to build them than I originally had calculated. Here a few new self-build enclosures and backwalls

Holothele incei communal setup (4 incei slings)

Overview of the six enclosured I've made so far. Top 3 have slidings doors, but I don't like them. Bottom 3 have Guillotine doors, they work far better. Top 3 enclosured will be rebuild with guillotine doors.

Brachypelma smithi, subadult male enclosure

Theraphosa blondi, I redecorated the tank.

Originally intended for an arboreal spider, but I don't have any large specimens yet only slings and juvenile specimens. Enclosure is now used by an Aphonopelma seemanni mature female.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
those are really nice Paul! I bet your blue is going to have A LOT of fun with all of those branches!!!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
those are really nice Paul! I bet your blue is going to have A LOT of fun with all of those branches!!!
Thanks Austin! Just keeping it simple and pleasing! You know what, I bet your right..:) I can't wait to wake up to a whole bunch of webbing. :drool:

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I made this for my C. cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue)I used an ExoTerra Tank. (12x12x12)
Frontal close view

Top view

Cave view

PhilK

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Woah... some of your enclosures are just amazing. The ones above this post... drool... backdrops are s great, and the moss between the roots... I couldn't DREAM of making something like that.. My girl is slumming it up in this hovel..

I feel bad for her after all those awesome enclosures

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My 3" L. difficilis terrarium. It's an Exo Terra Faunarium (like a large kritter keeper, but better because it's not in those bright colours and it's cheaper). 2 plastic plants from WalMart and a half coconut house from Petco. Substrate is "orchid mix" and vermiculite. The substrate is too stony for me, and next time I change enclosures I will get rid of the orchid mix and replace with something else. Unfortunately I can't find small bags of peat here, and cannot purchase a huge bale due to storage issues (I live in an apartment).

Attachments