Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
2.5"P. rufilata

2.75" P. irminia

3.75" C. sp. "blue"

full shelf, including 1.5" C. brachycephalus, 2.75" H. longipes (estimation) and and 6" P. cancerides

xtreme_paranoid

Arachnopeon
hye everyone.. ^_^ i still new here..
just want to show my sp blue enclosure
setup last night, on morning already have big hole..

Banza

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is my new terrarium for my female P. regalis. What do you think about it? :)

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think she will love it! Especially with that cork tube in there. That will be her fav. spot..

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Forest Setup

Forest Set-up.jpg I'm currently building 15 new enclosures for my tarantulas. The first 5 will be forest set-ups. Yesterday I finished the 4th tank. This is a picture of the first tank.

Banza

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Looking great!

How did you make it? and Who's gonna live there? :)

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
backwall

I suppose you mean the backwall. First I coated all sides with black silicone. I use polyurethane foam to create the backwall and if you don't cover the sides with black silicone you will see that ugly foam. You'll get a looking tank from the outside this way. Then I used polyurethane foam to create the wall. The best way to do this is to put the tank on the side and cover it. Wait for half an hour untill the foam has hardenend a bit and make cover each side this way. Let the foam dry for about 3 days (the outside is hard but the inside not, this is real sticky stuff and will ruin your work if you don't wait). When the foam is fully hardened you can cut it in any shape. You can put pieces of cork bark in the foam after half an hour, but I used black silicone to fix the pieces of wood to the backwall. It's more easy to do the next steps whit the pieces of wood out of the tank. When you've cut the foam in the desired shape then cover the foam with black silicone, work small pieces at a time. Press in coco peat of dirt of every desired material in the black silicone. Make shure the material you use is dry (not even damp). I use black silicone because there will always be spots where the silicone can be seen through the coco peat. Black will give you a nice colour variation and looks more natural.

edit: this enclosure is meant for a Grammosola pulchra.

Last edited:

JOYride

Arachnopeon
Very nice indeed.
You said you built 4 of them but showed here only 3. I want to see another one :razz:

asa

Arachnopeon
mischaaussems, super!

Can you say how are you did this backgrounds?

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Very nice indeed.
You said you built 4 of them but showed here only 3. I want to see another one :razz:
I have some trouble with my camera. The autofocus fails almost everytime. I ordered a new camera. I will post pics in a while. Enclosure 5 and 6 are also ready now, except the lighting.

mischaaussems, super!

Can you say how are you did this backgrounds?
see post 585 in this thread.

Greetzzzz Mischa

GrofKjans

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
That forest setup looks great. Bravo!
Only one Q: Is it going to bi posible for the T to dig trough the wall?
I say no, but I must ask.

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I filled the burrows with substrate, the T's have to dig out the burrows themselves. I hope they stop when they reach the backwall. The backwall is tough but not indestructable. Most of my T's stop digging when they reach te glass or backwall, but I'm not 100% shure. Time will learn.:)

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi mischa, fantastic setups!

Could you tell me what sort of lighting you use? and how long it is on for?
And also does your moss survive the high temps?
Thanks

Mike.

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I use a 5 Watt fluorescent light bulp which gives the same amount of light as a 30 Watt normal light bulb. I use this light because it has the right spectrum for the plants. A normal light bulb produces a lot of heat and relatively little light. Normally room temperature is 23 degr. cent. below the spot I can raise it about 2-3 degrees. I added height differences so the spider can choose it's own temperature. The moss is tropical moss which is mainly used in a vivarium with poison dart frogs. It needs higher temperatures and higher relative humidity.