Enclosure/Terrarium Pictures

ribnum

Arachnopeon
FOR MY P regalis

10x10x20 glass,with holes,screened top and with dead branch for climbing ang webbing

B.vagans enclosure

Last edited:

icenola

Arachnopeon
My collection consist of 11 T's now. The main thing I wanted was to make it where I could see all my T's at one time. This way I could sit in my computer chair and easily turn to my left and see what any of my T's would be doing at any given moment....

JOYride

Arachnopeon
Is this the sme material (polyurethane) you used on previous enclosures only not covered with peat, or is it something different?

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's also PUR foam but now covered with elastopur. This is a thick fluid which hardens like concrete. It's a material used a lot by the professionals here in holland to create backwalls. I've seen pictures of smithi's living in cracks between the rocks and under rocks in the forest. I've tried to create someting that resembles this.

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow thats one cool smithi enc. Mine's just a boring tank,would like to dress it up a bit but am weary of using rocks as these guys are climbers and i don't fancy him falling on one

Dimig Marks

Arachnopeon
5 Gallon Tank with Eco Earth Substrate, artificial ivy, half log, and low-heat heat rock. Made for a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula named Munchkin.

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
These are all the same size, I have a big cabinet in my livingroom that can house 15 of these tanks. The enclosurers are about 38*38*38 cm. But by adding extra height etc. The spiders have actually more floorspace.

TRON

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It's also PUR foam but now covered with elastopur. This is a thick fluid which hardens like concrete. It's a material used a lot by the professionals here in holland to create backwalls. I've seen pictures of smithi's living in cracks between the rocks and under rocks in the forest. I've tried to create someting that resembles this.
I loved your enclosure. Now I understand why my smithi is always climbing the glass walls. Could you please tell me where I can find those pictures, I did some research and found nothing that pleased me. I´m seriously thinking about some habitat change for my girl now that I saw what you did.

Regards...

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tarantula habitats

I was tagging along with my wife while she shopped :( in Pier 1 Exports or something like that and there was this set of candle holders for half off that caught my eye and I thought they would make cool tarantula cages. They even came with a decorative ring on the top with a groove inside that was perfect for splining in a screen. They are a little on the small side, 9" tall and 5" across but are good for up to 3 inch arboreals or mantids. They even come with the base. What do you think? Should I get more?
John

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very awesome find... that would look really nice in a living room or somewhere along those lines.

redknee_freak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was tagging along with my wife while she shopped :( in Pier 1 Exports or something like that and there was this set of candle holders for half off that caught my eye and I thought they would make cool tarantula cages. They even came with a decorative ring on the top with a groove inside that was perfect for splining in a screen. They are a little on the small side, 9" tall and 5" across but are good for up to 3 inch arboreals or mantids. They even come with the base. What do you think? Should I get more?
John

outstanding setup friend
great finding, now i think my wife-to-be would like to see that setup in our place

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Another enclosure created for a Brachypelma smithi
I really have to attempt this. I think the stuff you use is similar to a product called "Great Stuff" sold at most hardware stores (HomeDepot, Lowes) I'm going to experiment soon.
Really amazing work!!!

Last edited:

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Rosalinda's, my Chilean Rosehair, enclosure (20 long). Not an UTD picture. The substrate has since been raised overall to prevent injury from a potential fall. Have also added two thermometers and a hydrometer as it had gotten too humid at one point (evident in pic).

You can't see it from this angle, but the slope of the hill has a third hide built into it that goes back quite a ways, so she can get a good "underground" feel should she so please. The light is seldom on, only if I want to have a good looksie at her. She loooves her digs, very active girl. :D