Do you have a 'odd end' tarantula in your collection?

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
You all should post pictures of the T's mentioned so I can lust after more I will not be able to find :angelic:
If I took a picture of my Neochilobrachys sp. thailand you would see a hole with 4 little legs and maybe some eye shine.:rolleyes:

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only slightly odd end one I have is my female P.scrofa, bought her as an unsexed juvenile 4 years ago for €20.
IMAG1336.jpg

Theneil

Arachnoprince
For me its

Pterinochilus vorax
Pterinochilus lapalala
Crypsidromus sp. boquete
Are you just trying to be modest or are you avoiding Carpal tunnel by not typing out that endless list of amazing spoods that the rest of us are jealous of? ;)

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Hell...10-15 years ago you could get hem at the shows for about $8-$10 apiece! Now hardly ever see them!
I find them on craigslist/facebook every so often and if they are cheap, i always take them. I recently got a G. rosea (RCF if that is still a thing) that is just amazing looking. 10 bucks with enclosure but i got it basically free (and AF B. vagans) because they knocked 20 bucks off the price since i bought 4 out of the 5 Ts they were selling. :)

Bug Bane

Arachnopeon

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Do you know the names to any of those?
Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra,
T. Cyaneolum

Dolichothele diamantinensis

Click on the pics and it brings you to the gallery where he has them each labeled.

:)

boina

Lady of the mites
Just so I could post in this thread and include the required pics I got up from the couch, anoyed my spiders, and took some pics:

Plesiopelma sp. Bolivia, an extremely slow growing dwarf species, but always out and about, very much recommended:

Neostenotarsus sp. Suriname, another dwarf, and a really tiny one, too, and a pet hole to boot... I don't what posessed me to get one. I guess it was the green-ish carapace.

Grammostola sp. Maule, one of the rarer rosea cousins:

I also believe H. namaquensis and cafreriana are not that common (pics on request ;))

Honorary mention:

Ceratogyrus meridionalis - they always get overlooked for their horned cousins and are therefore not as common as they should be:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
Theraphosinae sp Pacific Nicaragua (pet hole I haven’t seen since I got her and took this photo)

50F88B7B-E8B9-422E-8427-67170723A38C.jpeg

T. cyaneolum

FD44A437-6D9D-4B47-BFE9-1CBCDE6B0451.jpeg

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have the only Cyriocosmus giganteus in Canada... so far. There have been no others imported since they were described in 2015. The sad part is that I think he's a male.
My other oddball would have to be my Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus female.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Are you just trying to be modest or are you avoiding Carpal tunnel by not typing out that endless list of amazing spoods that the rest of us are jealous of? ;)
Yep, @KezyGLA has access to rarest Theraphosidae, with a particular eye for 'Baboons'. I'm currently forming an army of 'Cacerolazo' for protest against this injustice :stop:

:playful: :kiss: :troll:

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
I desperately want to be part of this club, but haven’t put down the money for anything super rare yet. I guess the closest I have to this is a Pen male P smithi. It was one of the harder to get Poecs before the legislation. I’ll be interested to see how hard it’ll be to loan him out.

That’s not to say that I don’t have plenty of money sunk into good specimens though. AF B auratum, AF P metallica, 3 M balfouri communal are my most expensive.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
A have several Ts that might fit your “odds n’ ends” description.
1. Chilobrachys sp Namtok Phlio
2. Pseudhapalopus sp blue
3. T. truculentus
I unfortunately don’t have any good pics as they are all under 1”

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ones I rarely see photos of or see being sold (here in the U.S. anyway):
Aphonopelma steindachneri - adult female
Cyriopagopus lividus "Emerald Green" - 1.5" sling, still brown
Phlogiellus sp. Palawan - 1.75" sling, finally showing more blue (I think Joe Rossi is selling these)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Last edited by a moderator:

boina

Lady of the mites
lemme see
Ok, here are the gallery links ;):

H. namaquensis - supposed to be one of the calmer OW species, and 2/3 of mine are, but the third is crazy:

H. cafreriana - a dwarf species, but also pretty calm for an OW: