Do you have a 'odd end' tarantula in your collection?

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Not everyone has one, but sometimes you hear about people having a T that nobody's ever heard about and they can't ever find a mate for it sadly. I know @Philth has quite a few, but does anyone else?

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I am not sure how uncommon they are, I just know I rarely see them for sale, but these tarantulas I am currently raising could fall into th as t category:

B. schroederi
H. dictator
O. Sp. "Cebu"
A. moderatum
E. pachypus (males are very uncommon)
P. atrichromatus
G. grossa

Though not very uncommon, I don't see many P. scrofa.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I have a male Chilobrachys sp. Cambodia blue that I recieved as an unsexed freebie sling. I have yet to see anyone else with this species besides the seller, so I'm concerned that I won't be able to find him a female when he matures :(

I also have a Theraphosinae sp. Yucatan and Cyriocosmus sellatus, and do not frequently see these particular species pop up if at all. Both are unsexed slings, so fingers crossed they at least end up being female.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
They're relatively new to the hobby so I'm not sure if they count, but I have 0.2.1 Cotztetlana sp "puebla" which I very very rarely see around.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I recently found out that my "confirmed female" A. variegata is actually a male, trying to find him a date is going to suck an actual mountain of wang.

SkittleBunny

Arachnosquire
I have a female Grammostola Conceptión that was sold to me as g.rosea RCF.. She's beautiful and has molted in my care yet unfortunately I can't seem to find a mate for her.. I can't even find slings or unsexed specimens to purchase in hopes of getting a male..

But I love her. All of my Ts are dark.. Yet she's greenish/grey and pink/red, just stunning! She really stands out in my collection.

Unfortunately my camera is crap and doesn't show her colors very well.. It also doesnt help that this is before she molted; as i haven't gotten a better picture yet with a better camera

Attachments

Minty

@londontarantulas
I have a male Chilobrachys sp. Cambodia blue that I recieved as an unsexed freebie sling. I have yet to see anyone else with this species besides the seller, so I'm concerned that I won't be able to find him a female when he matures :(
This appears to be the same as Chilobrachys sp. Vietnam blue or Chilobrachys dyscolus. I have an adult female of this species.

Could you post a picture of yours, please?

As for odd end tarantulas, I don't think I have any. I did have a Thrigmopoeus truculentus, which I haven't seen many people say they have, but I'm sure there are still a lot of people with them.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Neochilobrachys sp. thailand - a dwarf species of a Genus that a lot of people are not even aware exists (including me, before I got it). In came to me as a freebie, along with a refund, when it turned out the dealer didn't have the Chilobrachys fimbriatus that I ordered. When I got it I had to Google it to find info, I found very little, including just one photo on Google Image. I've been keeping it as a Chilobrachys and it seems to be doing fine. It's major pet hole though, I've seen its entire body twice - when I got it and when I rehoused it.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
This appears to be the same as Chilobrachys sp. Vietnam blue or Chilobrachys dyscolus. I have an adult female of this species.

Could you post a picture of yours, please?

Here is is a couple molts back. He's tanned up quite a bit from then, but the little bugger won't stay out of his burrow for more than a second when I touch his enclosure. :rolleyes:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

tewebag

Arachnoknight
You all should post pictures of the T's mentioned so I can lust after more I will not be able to find :angelic:

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I don’t know if this is an uncommon tarantula but I have a supposed Aphonopelma sp. Guatemala

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Aren't these the ones that are supposedly A. seemanni BCF look-alikes? How do you tell the difference?
Those do look like A. seemani to me. i think @KezyGLA has mentioned that the Blue color for of A. seemani is A. sp Guatemala stripe knee and the stripes on the knees are quite a bit narrower than these.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Those do look like A. seemani to me. i think @KezyGLA has mentioned that the Blue color for of A. seemani is A. sp Guatemala stripe knee and the stripes on the knees are quite a bit narrower than these.
I thought so, I recall someone mentioning it in regards to a photo of one of my A. seemanni saying it may be a different species, with this info probably A. sp. Guatemala.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Yours might be the post i am remembering. LOL. i feel like i have only seen it come up a couple times.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Yours might be the post i am remembering. LOL. i feel like i have only seen it come up a couple times.
I'll post a picture in the tarantula identification category and see what comes up. If so, might be worth hanging onto the suspect male I have in addition to my female. :p