Cedrik's photo album

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if you think she's that insane, why are you handling it lol.

Im sorry but im not a big fan of the people who present the spider like a monster, and then show a handling picture. These people seem to dont have enough experience with the spider to handle it, and the worst of all, they seem to want to show off a little ... Wich is probably the worst point in handling.

Libertykeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Baboon, It was a joke...as you can see, she hardly a monster:wall: I do not make it a practice to handle my T's nevertheless, I meant the post to be entertaining, I apologize for the miss.....

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sorry for behind nut with you then, lol.

Its still a sad reality, most people will present the spider like this :

OH MY GOD SHE'S A REAL DEVIL, REAL CRAZY BEAST. Then they show a handling picture lol ... God , what are they trying to prove, this is so ridiculous.

Libertykeeper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Its still a sad reality, most people will present the spider like this :

OH MY GOD SHE'S A REAL DEVIL, REAL CRAZY BEAST. Then they show a handling picture lol ... God , what are they trying to prove, this is so ridiculous.
I agree with you 100% Baboon, handling, in my opinion should not be practiced, it stresses the T very, very much as you well know. I just had this little lady decide that she wasn't going to be cooperative during her housing transport, and wanted to venture out in the great unknown. I am with you on the negative imagery that is unfortunatley portrayed by some owners and of course, the following irony of a handling pic. We must protect image of the true nature of these beautiful inverts.:clap:

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, sorry again for behind nuts with you. To be honest, my screen is much darker then most screen, and as the picture was already dark, to me it was a 100% black image, I could'nt even see your hand. So I could'nt tell it was a small specimen, and did'nt see it like a joke! :?

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice P. lugardi pics Cedrik :D , is that the same one that closed up it's entrance to molt?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes exacly Ando, thats the same !

I am going to mate her soon with my male :D What does what mean ? Video to come soon heh

Last edited:

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice P lugardi,love those markings!
So Cedrik, why the name change?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi,

ah, simply because I was tired to be called Baboon, it was'nt very serious and it was just a matter of time before I change it in the futur so, I tought I would do it right now heh. Also, in some serious forum its obligatory to have the real name and I think its very good like this.

No more confusion ... etc ...

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pterinochilus lugardi mating. We can see that the bulb of the male is directly on the female epigastric, this said, we cannot see the insertion. But, we can see the male shaking its palps, at 28 seconds or so, wich is a typical behavior of an insertion, plus the female immediatly push him back after, and then, the male begin to wash its bulb, wich is a good sign in my opinion. The male was charging its bulb this morning so these are all good sign of a successfull mating.

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l213/Bab...dimating010.flv

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great video...hope you get a sac from your mating. Nice sp. of T!!

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
good vid awesome tank set up im a big fan of natural looking tanks but i cant stand the fact you cant see through the sides on plastic container as the ones you are using but none the less your pics and vids are very good

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Nate

Hehe, I agree not the most display container. Comes a time that you dont need to see them, just keeping them is enough heh. When I want to see my spider I open the lid :)

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice vid Cedrik, hope the mating goes well and a sack is in the works.

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hi fellow

Its been a long time I took picture and I was bored so I decided to takes 2 random shot

Ceratogyrus marshalli environnement

Heterothele villosella