Cedrik's photo album

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I totally agree with you they're ... AWESome!!! and we just never hear about 'em ... they're probably not enough Purple yellow red blue metallica ... :rolleyes:

Natemass

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ya ive noticed that a lot of people dont give the African species the credit they deserve. Ive actually just started getting into them, pretty much after looking at your pic thread. i obv cant resist the amazing colors of other species but something about the attitude and behavior of the african species im fond of. idk w/es their sweet.:D

Kriegan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well .... What did'nt want to happen ... happened ..

It seem that the sling started exploring the tank a couple of days ago (what I did'nt know, I tought they were mostly staying in the cocoon of the mother, as they were everytime I was looking at them)

But in the last days, the count of individu seemed to be lower .... but I tought they were hidden, as simple ...

Well, I did'nt sleep of the night tonight, because every 10 min i've had a murinus walking on me. In 5 min, I found at least 15 individu ... wich mean they all found that little hole.

This said, theres at least 15 in the ank, and I found 15, for a total of 30 individu. I am very lucky, this sac was extremly small, I counted about 35 individu to the begining, wich mean I found most of the escaped sling ...

the problem are'nt the escaped sling, the problem is that now my experience is totally failed, how I am gona note about canibalisme now ? all this will for sure change the result of my experience ...

folks, you cant beleive how angry I am on myself right now... WHAT A NEWBIE MISTAKE!!!!!!!! I feel like a total idiot right now, posting this reply.
No need to feel like an idiot mate, this is how we learn from our mistakes and avoid repeating them:)

I actually think it's pretty cool your interest in experimenting with communal setups and taking detailed notes on your findings. You'll have more opportunities with other sac's species later on, so don't let this discourage you. Keep up the good work and the awesome pics you post.

Regards,
Ulrich

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi, so, what you think ? Heteroscodra maculata are know to make very fast mating, I think ... I can see 1 or 2 very quick insertion ?

What you guys and girls thinks ?

We can see at the end she'S agressive so I immediatly separated them.

On the bigger size video ... its easier to tell, we can see its pedipalps getting very close of the epigastric

http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l...ulata/?action=view&current=maculatamating.flv

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Great video !! good luck on a sac....

Regards, Mike :clap:

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi man, as you have seen .... Im back.

Thanks for the support, you are a good friend ;)

I wish we meet soon

TheNatural

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi man, as you have seen .... Im back.

Thanks for the support, you are a good friend ;)

I wish we meet soon

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
We'll meet one day for sure my friend, you're always welcome in my spider loft. Hope to see you soon back in the hobby, im sure you will.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very interesting videos, buddy! Nice quality.

I didn't know that the female H. maculata was agressive with the males.

Keep us informed on what happens next!

Cheers,
Bothrops

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Great vids Cedrik! In the first vid, it seemed like the female nabbed the male, did he get out? Amazing footage caught as always as I see the trend in all your vids, I'm looking forward to more, do you have an archive or all your vids you ever took? The more I see the more fascinating it is, it's like a special on tv..:D Thanks again bro!

-Andy

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, the old (and fat) man is right, they are Bull mastiff

:rolleyes: