Bosing's pic thread (Philippines)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow boss!, shes awsome!...cant believe how much she resembles my freshly molted female..

matt82

Arachnoknight
Wow boss!, shes awsome!...cant believe how much she resembles my freshly molted female..
I was just thinking that myself...! - very similar strong dark hues. Great shots as standard, Bosing :clap:

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
1.0 Poecilotheria rufilata. Having problems making him eat after his last molt...

0.1 Poecilotheria formosa, prior to her very recent molt

Poecilotheria ornata, thinking male but got confused after last molt.

0.1 Poecilotheria tigrinaweselli about to get a meal

Here she is munching on her lobster roach

Last edited:

advan

oOOo
Staff member
Nice Poecilotheria Bosing! Your P. ornata looks male to me, judging by the carapace. :)

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ya def a male....i jus had 2 molt to mm's in the same day!....both looked identical to yours,...id say hes penult!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Nice Poecilotheria Bosing! Your P. ornata looks male to me, judging by the carapace. :)
ya def a male....i jus had 2 molt to mm's in the same day!....both looked identical to yours,...id say hes penult!
cool! in that case I'd be more than happy to see him hook out soon. My ornata female molted last week after giving me a few slings last Feb.

---------- Post added 03-26-2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

Love ur photos and collection, beautiful metallica!
I was just thinking that myself...! - very similar strong dark hues. Great shots as standard, Bosing :clap:
Thanks for the comment guys... She's gonna meet her new date very very soon.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome shots of the tigrinawesseli! :D Also, the ornata is male and sorry to hear about the rufilata. Hopefully you can get him to eat soon!

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Awesome shots of the tigrinawesseli! :D Also, the ornata is male and sorry to hear about the rufilata. Hopefully you can get him to eat soon!
Amazing poecilotherias! I love that rufiliata, hope he starts to eat again soon :).
thanks for the kind comments. Last night I left him with two adult male lateralis roaches. I hope to find the roaches gone when I come back home from the office later. She motled last Feb 26.

kelvintheiah

Arachnosquire
hi bossing. what kind of enclosure do you use to your collections especially for sub adult and adults?

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I recall reading a thread that talked about sexing P. ornata based on the stripe on their abdomen; it said if it faded out it was a female, if it stayed dark, it's a male. The stripe on Bosing's looks pretty well faded to me. This dorsal sexing of them is all very confusing.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hi bossing. what kind of enclosure do you use to your collections especially for sub adult and adults?
Hi kelvin. For my large Poecilotheria females, I use a glass enclosure measuring 8x8x16. It has a fulls screen top cover and 4-inch high screen window vents on both sides. The picture attached is a smaller version measuring 7x7x14.

I recall reading a thread that talked about sexing P. ornata based on the stripe on their abdomen; it said if it faded out it was a female, if it stayed dark, it's a male. The stripe on Bosing's looks pretty well faded to me. This dorsal sexing of them is all very confusing.
Well, that confuses me too. I really hope its a male, as I need him for my newly matured female ornata. It would also be cool to have a differently colored female... anyway, let's all wait for her next molt. Thanks for the comment!!!

---------- Post added 03-27-2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

0.1 Heteroscodra maculata. newly molted.

0.1 Haplopelma hainanum. Another newly molted T.

She didn't like me taking her pictures.

Last edited:

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Wow beautiful enclosure design, i like it! Also ur H mac and hainanum is beautiful, especially the hainanum :D.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I had one of the most pleasant surprises last night... On a leap year day, Feb 29 the blue baboon decided to give me a special gift...

Here is the update of this photo...

Decided to take it out last night.

Placed them in the incubator to let them grow up some more...

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
updated photos:

0.1 Aphonopelma moderatum - I hope to get her mated soon.

0.1 Ephebopus murinus - she molted after mating... Failed breeding attempt. No more MM for her...