Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Last night I dreamed about a person rehousing a P. metallica by handling. The old enclosure was way too small (good for maybe a 1 incher but housing a ~5 inch T). The spider was unrealistically bright blue, which confused me (as the only one I've seen IRL didn't even look blue at all). For some reason, at one point it was on its back and I saw the yellow stripes they have under their legs. I got really mad at the person for being an idiot. They ended up bitten. I then took over the rehousing, extremely nervous as I don't have enough experience to be rehousing an OW. Here, it became a 0.5" sling. I woke up and never did find out if the rehousing went successfully or not.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I had a dream once that I had a really weird GBB in my shower. He was normal size for a GBB but he was insanely fluffy, like C. versicolor levels, and he was molting. In my shower. In my dream this T did not belong to me but I went with it and thought, hey free tarantula.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
I have had a couple dreams about them but it has always been about them escaping their enclourses and free roaming the room. Of course as soon as I wake up I have to check to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be.

Justin H

Arachnosquire
I have had a couple dreams about them but it has always been about them escaping their enclourses and free roaming the room. Of course as soon as I wake up I have to check to make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be.
Just had this sort of dream a couple nights ago. I let it crawl up my arm, and it was fluffy and soft like a kitten. I also checked on my enclosures right away... hell of a dream haha.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I had a very stressful dream last night, lol. I had bought a juvie H. maculata and housed it in a pretty big kritter keeper. Then I noticed that there were a few big holes in the lid and the T could escape, it was already close to the holes, webbing. I was too scared to rehouse it so I started to cut pieces of plastic and taped them over the lid, but I was way too slow and the T escaped. It also didn't help that my family members were constantly coming too close even though I was yelling at them to stay away because it wasn't safe. I managed to put a catch cup over the spider, but of course I couldn't get the lid properly closed and the T almost escaped again. I don't remember what happened in the end, but I did realize that I didn't want to keep that T because I was too scared of it.

I guess it's a good thing I'm not planning on getting any OW Ts :p

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Had a weird one last night in which I owned this amazing white T that had calico patterns on the abdomen, and I was keeping it in a KK in the garden and it died. Curiously it was called Kate, which is my A. chalcodes' name, so I kept saying "Oh Kate died, but not that Kate."

fullmetalcommunist

Arachnopeon
I had a dream where I get a mysterious gift in the mail from a secret admirer. It doesn't say who it's from or what's inside but it's got little hearts drawn all over it and stuff. I start unboxing and I'm excited as hell when I see the deli cup "woah cool who sent me a tarantula to try to profess their admiration smooth move stranger." But it's not marked and I can't see the spider inside. I'm like well I hope I can handle this species (figuratively, not literally: I've only ever kept new worlds and still consider myself a beginner, I don't literally hold them for obvious reasons), but like, it's obviously not gonna be an OBT or something. Open the deli cup and an OBT pops out and as it's running up my arm its exoskeleton falls apart to reveal another OBT and those OBTs do this weird fantastical molting into more spiders thing and now I'm covered in like 30 OBTs that keep multiplying and turning into more

and then I woke up in a cold sweat

Last edited:

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
There was a pokie communal with many spiders part of it. Their enclosure was a whole room. I was in it with some people and for some reason, I laid down. I ended up with one crawling on my face, being terrified that it would bite me.

:rofl:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I've had tons. The most significant one involved an earthquake that destroyed the city, and I needed to get home to check on everyone, but I found a "albino baboon" and bought it, and had to safely get it home, which was difficult because the city was in rubble.

Most of mine are anxiety dreams about properly caring for them.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I often find open enclosures in my dreams. Sometimes they are still inside, however sometimes are not and that's when it can get nasty.

Marika

Arachnoangel
I had a dream that my A. eutylenum molted and I was very excited about it. I've had her for 8 months now and she hasn't molted yet (and she's like 1.2").

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Had a dream last night that I was unboxing a few slings but the “package” was an old briefcase and when I opened it, it was full of newspaper and the spiders were just loose in there........

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dreamt once that my 9” P ornata was loose in the house. I woke up in a panic

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Just had a dream a few days ago that my P. scrofa sling was in the enclosure of my P. muticus trying to lunge at one another. It was more of a nightmare.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
Had a bizarre dream about a Poecilotheria metallica escaping in some kind of futuristic apartment that I was in that was apparently in the middle of some kind of shopping complex, like a town centre. It was night and the whole thing was bathed in purple and red light. The room I was in had several tanks with animals inside but this spider had got out and I chased it around the room. I found it behind the headboard of the bed dangling by a string of web with a molt inexplicably next to it. I picked it up via the string and told a group of people who were by the door what it was and that it had got out. Maybe people living in the apartment complex? The rest of the dream was a strange mess that didn't relate to spiders but it was still very odd.

FeralTami

Arachnopeon
Had a weird dream about my 2 cm B. smithi sling, which is currently in premolt, I dreamt that it molted and came out 6", bright blue, had 16 eyes, very fat and had very cartoony legs. :confused:

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Last night I had a dream where apparently I had opened up my own brick and mortar store. Dude came in with his son and I think the guy reached into an enclosure with a scorpion and got stung but shrugged it off.

After that, he asked if I had an A. geniculata for sale because his wife put her foot down and said not to get any deathstalkers because of the kids and he scoffed as if to imply that he thought her reasoning was absolutely ridiculous. How a genic is a reasonable or relatable substitute idk.

Jmanbeing93

Arachnosquire
A while back, I had a dream where I discovered a new species of Avicularia-like tarantula in Africa. It was a deep, jade green and had an interesting behavior where it alternated between terrestrial and aboreal until ultimate molt, then it would walk on its pedipalps with the rest of its legs waving in the air.

I have no idea why I dreamt that or why it was so oddly specific.

Tessa Clifton

Arachnosquire
I had a dream once where I went on vacation and left my T's in the care of someone (still not sure if it was a friend in my dream or what). I left very specific instructions, but I didn't think it was a big deal to leave them because T's are pretty easy keepers. While I was gone the person thought it would be easier so they put all of my T's (13 at the time) in one cage!!!! She then threw some crickets in there, misted it down with water, and left for the week!!! I came home to like 3 tarantulas still alive, all three were in rough shape and all the others were dead in the cage, I woke up horrified and promptly went to go check on all my T's.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Mentioned it in a mother thread but I had a couple of dreams in the same night. My mom tried to flush my p. auratus down the toilet (she’s never do that lmao) and one of my a. seemanni molted into another species.

Sort of related BUT the other night, I woke up around 3 am and moved one of my arms over to the pillow next to me to feel something small and close around my fingers. I don’t know why my mind went to spiders but it was my cat’s paw and her claws.....