Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Recently I've had dreams about tarantulas escaping. The first one, someone broke into my house and I found my P. vittata male hanging out by the bathroom light switch and I remember having a fight with my OBT later.

The second recent dream some friends of mine wanted to "surprise" me and gave me the gift of a Poecilotheria communal. I flipped out. I flipped out even harder when my mom decided that "they're supposed to live free" and left the cage open. I was panicking and explaining how she shouldn't be acting so nonchalant with 6 pokies out and about in the, what I think was some beach condo. I think I also found my male P. vittata but he was hanging out on the couch.

But the creme de la creme has to be this one, that I had probably a decade ago and it's going to be long so just be prepared.

A large jet black spider (there might have been two spiders but I can't recall), of which might have been a tarantula, or maybe it was a true spider, or a dream mix of both, pushing 10+ feet DLS was chasing myself, and some dream people (no idea who they were). We made it to an apartment I used to live in and they were trying to bust the door down. Thankfully our two giant cobra friends were looking out for us and one held the spider(s) at bay, whilst the other broke through the balcony glass and lowered itself to the ground so we could use it as a slide. (The apartment was on the third story but there was 50+ feet worth of space from the balcony down to the little grassy area with a fountain beneath so it was a long and thick cobra for sure. Both were the same size. Both also always had their hoods extended.) So, we slide down the cobra and hop into a car and drive away. We feel safe and secure, certain that the cobras have dealt with the assailant. We turn onto a small highway, where a bus is also getting on via another entrance.

As we're coming up to the front of the bus a peculiar feeling comes about. Like those times when you're on an empty road on a hot day and it feels like there's no sound at all. We start to dread keeping up with the bus and as we get to the front, in view of the driver our feelings of despair our answered, for the bus driver WAS THE SPIDER. And that's where the dream ended. If that's not the best idea for a 50s horror movie twist, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Recently I've had dreams about tarantulas escaping. The first one, someone broke into my house and I found my P. vittata male hanging out by the bathroom light switch and I remember having a fight with my OBT later.

The second recent dream some friends of mine wanted to "surprise" me and gave me the gift of a Poecilotheria communal. I flipped out. I flipped out even harder when my mom decided that "they're supposed to live free" and left the cage open. I was panicking and explaining how she shouldn't be acting so nonchalant with 6 pokies out and about in the, what I think was some beach condo. I think I also found my male P. vittata but he was hanging out on the couch.

But the creme de la creme has to be this one and it's going to be long so just be prepared.

A large jet black spider (there might have been two spiders but I can't recall), of which might have been a tarantula, or maybe it was a true spider, or a dream mix of both, pushing 10+ feet DLS was chasing myself, and some dream people (no idea who they were). We made it to an apartment I used to live in and they were trying to bust the door down. Thankfully our two giant cobra friends were looking out for us and one held the spider(s) at bay, whilst the other broke through the balcony glass and lowered itself to the ground so we could use it as a slide. (The apartment was on the third story but there was 50+ feet worth of space from the balcony down to the little grassy area with a fountain beneath so it was a long and thick cobra for sure. Both were the same size. Both also always had their hoods extended.) So, we slide down the cobra and hop into a car and drive away. We feel safe and secure, certain that the cobras have dealt with the assailant. We turn onto a small highway, where a bus is also getting on via another entrance.

As we're coming up to the front of the bus a peculiar feeling comes about. Like those times when you're on an empty road on a hot day and it feels like there's no sound at all. We start to dread keeping up with the bus and as we get to the front, in view of the driver our feelings of despair our answered, for the bus driver WAS THE SPIDER. And that's where the dream ended. If that's not the best idea for a 50s horror movie twist, I don't know what is.
that was a roller coaster

Corporal Winters

Arachnopeon
Those are some really crazy dreams, haha! I’d almost say that you have some kind of stress that’s manifesting itself in the form of dreams. You care a lot about your tarantulas, and so it would make sense they’d be a pivotal detail in these strange dreams.

That being said, I’ve had similar dreams, just not involving tarantulas. I can best remember one in which my black widows got loose, and as I scowered my room for them, all of them were suddenly crawling up my legs! The thing is, I handle my widows and so this wouldn’t really scare me in real life. What scared me was that they were all over the floor and I could have stepped on some. I was afraid to move, even as they began to hide in the folds of my clothing. I woke up out of anxiety following that.

I also had a dream where I had three colorful rattlesnakes who had gotten loose in my living room. My dog and cat were around and trying to eat them. That was also very scary because I didn’t want any of my animals to get hurt.

Both dreams occurred not too far apart in time from each other, and both occurred while I was under a lot of emotional stress as well as stress from school. Maybe something in particular prompted your dreams as well? Just my take on it! :)

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Maybe something in particular prompted your dreams as well?
The first two I mentioned were definitely stress dreams. I had just started keeping Poecilotheria when I had the first one and the second one happened not long after that. Being new to them and well OW in general at the time I was just nervous and obsessing over their care and making sure I wasn't absent minded enough to allow an escape. So, yeah I definitely believe they were prompted! I've only had three other "stress" induced dreams, all involving a foolish but very fun romantic pursuit, of which I was head over heels in love and she was barely interested. Anywho...

As to the last one I mentioned, it happened years and years and years ago (I edited it in my original post for clarification but now that I'm really thinking about it it had to have happened more than 10 years ago), and is closer to what I would call my "natural" subconscious state. I have a lot of vivid and fantastical dreams (although nothing lately) and the spider bus one is up there but is nowhere near the top crazy dreams I've had haha.

asunshinefix

Arachnosquire
Seems like I'm not alone here - I have this recurring dream where I have a bunch of crazy fast Old Worlds (I only keep NW terrestrials) and my entire collection is in like 4 enclosures, and they're all fighting and eating each other and when I try to separate them the Old Worlds always escape. Thankfully the only escape I've ever had IRL is a B. emila!

Edit: sorry for the profanity! Bad habit.

Last edited:

thebronzedragon

Arachnosquire
I had a dream that I had bought over 50 inverts and I was struggling to take care of them all and when I was finally done setting them up I realised I had completely neglected a centipede and I tried to perform surgery on it with the help of Coyote Peterson on Skype... that was a weird one.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
My two favourite invert-themed dreams -

1. After my first P. murinus passed, I had a dream that he was the size of a medium dog and we cuddled. Big, snuggly orange bitey thing. It was great.

2. I was walking in a forest and came across a small pond. It turned out to be incredibly deep and full of life! I went diving into it and found tarantulas living in it (also mermaids and dolphins lol).

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Rainbow color I assume? Or was the color like another animal :troll:
Rainbow? Ewww, no!
of course it was a male who asked that :troll:

I had a dream a couple nights ago where I thought it was a great idea to randomly grab one of of my Ts. Then I noticed that she was molting (in the dream white cracks were the sign) and panicked while wondering why she was having a molt so soon. I put her on my bed and expected her to die but hoped for a miracle anyway. The dream then changed and it was a praying mantis. Parasites that were supposed to be swallowtail caterpillars burst out of its abdomen and ate a lot of it. There were way more than should've been able to fit. It was absolutely heart breaking, seeing the mantis with a lot of its body eaten away, but with the head/front-two-legs part of its body, still try to fight away the parasites that were everywhere.

This dream was purely horrifying, and the worst part was that I thought it was real. It was incredibly realistic too. I don't remember which part of the dream it was, but I was thinking about how I would have to do an update in the AB collective T number thread and subtract one. In the second part, I even took a picture of the dying mantis on my phone to post on AB! I was shook when I woke up and shed a few tears. (My extreme grogginess played into that though)

Hedge Witch

Arachnopeon
Ya know how we sometimes have those stressful work dreams...the ones where everything seems to be going haywire and nothing assuages that feeling of dissonance??

You guys know the ones.

Have any of you ever had dreams like that about your tarantulas?

The one I had last night: Mold was permeating my T room. I mean, it was climbing the walls like an infestation of ivy. Mold on the ceiling, the carpet, on the ceiling fan, inside the T enclosures. Lol. So freakin stressful!!!! :arghh::arghh::arghh:
When i was breeding honduran milksnakes i had allot of snake dreams. I was breeding for nearly ten years, must have bred hundreds in that time. Vivariums overflowing with hungry adults is a strange one to have, they're cannibalistic so you keep them apart. Other strange snake appearances in my less lucid dreams. Part of getting to know the animal spirit.

Hedge Witch

Arachnopeon
According to the American Indians a great spider wove the universe into being, we are all part of her dream.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes actually i have! Once i was dreaming that i discovered a new Ceratogyrus sp! It was chalkwhite all over the body and had black snd red markings om the abdomen, similar to some jumpingspider speicies. Besides that the whoke spider was totally white! It had a very smalm horn, that was white aswell! Then i woke up!:angelic:

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I must not be a real keeper because I've never dreamed about my T's. Probably they sit right across from my bed so I go to sleep looking at their enclosures.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The other night I was looking at my inverts right before I went to bed. The last one I looked at was my big male Phormingochilus carpenteri. So of course I dreamed he escaped and was sitting on my bed. I told my cat (!), who was helping me look for him, that I was going to throw a blanket over him. Once I did that I bunched the blanket up underneath him and could see him struggling in the blanket. I took the blanket to his enclosure but when I opened the blanket it was empty. I woke then, so I don't where he disappeared to.

MintyWood826

Arachnobaron
Last night, I dreamed that I had what was a B. albopilosum sling, but it looked like the B. cabocla sling I used to have. Somewhere, it and its abdomen expanded. I shone a light at it and determined that it (the sling, sized as a juvie or SA) was gravid...becuase I could see some tiny slings crawling around in its abdomen. It ended up giving live birth to them when I was totally unprepared. Swarms of tiny slings that I got to search around the house for! I only ever caught and housed about 3.

*non-T sections have been left out

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
I get really vivid dreams and often wake up halfway through a dream and think there is some animal loose in the bedroom which i then start looking for for about 5 mins before realising I was dreaming. I've been searching the room for snakes, flying insects, puppies and those spiders form the original Jumangi which would jump at my face everytime I shut my eyes.

Recently I thought my pillow was my albos enclosure and didn't want to put my head back down in case I knocked it over so I just stared at the pillow in darkness for 5 mins before realising I was dreaming.

And last night I woke up and grabbed my gfs wrists because I thought she was a ghost... She does not sleep well

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
I dreamed of finding a huge tree full of pokies. Feels like heaven for me but hell for arachnophobes. :rofl:

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Well, I had another one. It involved me being naked running around some sort of water park resort. However, before all that, somehow, someway my mother was taking care of my P. vittata male (I have absolutely no reason why he shows up in all my more recent tarantula dreams. It's incredible really. Also, not quite sure what it means.). She had posted on social media how he had gotten stuck in a molt, and the picture showed he had popped the carapace but couldn't get any of his legs out. I was rather upset because at the very least I could have tried to save him, but because it was my mother she had no idea what to do. A shame really...

Marika

Arachnoangel
I had two T dreams last night. In the first one I had gotten a B. albopilosum sling. It was already in its enclosure and I was talking to it, telling how cute and plump and fluffy it was, lol.

The second one... I had two Ts in one enclosure, climbing on the walls, I think they were supposed to be some OW species. I had left a couple of mealworms in the enclosure (hadn't crushed their heads like I always do) and I was wondering if the Ts had caught them. Then one of the Ts jumped down and started to run very fast around some large stones that were there, trying to catch a mealworm that was hiding between them. It was fun to watch and there was this cute pitter-patter of T feet. I think the mealworm escaped though.

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
The other night I dreamed I was showing a woman my A. chalcodes in its kk, then suddenly the T was gone and we were inside the kk! I then tried to arrange cork bark pieces into something like a couch so we could watch TV, even though I don't remember actually seeing a TV in there. The weirdest part was I never actually saw the woman either, but I could feel her presence.