1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever had crazy T dreams?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Leila, Mar 5, 2017.

1. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    My P. subfusca (HL) are actually really calm as well, but they are on the more expensive side here and not as commonly available. I paid $40/£30 per sling. I got my P. regalis from @cold blood who was selling them for cheaper than most online T shops, but they're typically $20-$25/£15-£19 with a few showing up for $30/£22 but those are overpriced IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  2. DanBsTs

DanBsTs Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man

NH,USA
    Im usually quite calm and collected in crisis. And I view Ts kind of like a dangerous vehicle or loaded gun that need to be treated with respect.
    I was planning on at least getting a few NW Arboreal before I got an OW arboreal. That way I can get a sense of their habits and behaviour. Would love to get an H. Mac eventually. One day. . . :rolleyes:

3. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

Psalmopoeus are a great way to learn Poecilotheria husbandry. Their needs are very similar. However, Psalmopoeus can be much feistier than Poecilotheria. My first serious threat pose (legs up, fangs wiggling) was from a Psalmopoeus pulcher. I've never gotten a threat pose from a pokie. Not saying they won't-- they definitely can. Typically they are shy and would rather get away from a threat than meet it head on.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Cams are much less threat postury than other members of the genus.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

American T prices are pretty silly in general though, P. regalis are usually around the £7-£9 ($9-$12) mark as slings here, my P. subfusca lowland sling was £10 ($13), I don't think the highland form is more than £15 ($20) here.

P. pulcher and P. ecclesiasticus are the only Psalmos I've seen threat postures from, my cambridgei runs and hides and my irminia just doesn't really care.

6. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

Oh they're absolutely stupid but it's pay it or move to Europe if you wanna be in the hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Zaire

Zaire Arachnolurker Arachnosupporter

Back when I first ended up with Quill, my fear of arachnids was much worse. I had a preposterous nightmare that she escaped her enclosure, grew to about 3 feet, and built a giant web over the doorway of the house. She swooped down on on my head when I came in and I got her off before she bit me, but then she morphed into a giant p. murinus, grew even larger, and chased me around the house. I locked myself in my bedroom, and she started chewing through the door, making this ridiculous high pitched 'eeeeeeeeeeeee' squealing sound the whole time. I tried to go through my window, only to find that it had inexplicably been bricked up. I woke up just as she finished chewing through the door. That night, I slept locked in the car, and so did my cat.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OhGeezRick

OhGeezRick Arachnopeon

I dreamt that my G. pulchripes sling multiplied itself, and the thousands of little T's crawled down my throat, I suddenly turned into a B. hamorii, and attempted to molt, failed, died, and was eaten from within by all the tiny g. pulchripes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OhGeezRick

OhGeezRick Arachnopeon

I also had a crazy dream where a gooty ornamental i just bought killed itself with a razor blade, and later rose from the grave, teleported onto my face, laughing like Morgan Freeman wildly the entire time.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. DanBsTs

DanBsTs Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man

NH,USA

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Moakmeister

Moakmeister Arachnobaron

Texas
    Time to revive this thread.

Had a dream last night that there was another huge hurricane in Houston while I was at college. Mom assured me she was taking good care of Regina. When I got back home, I checked on her, and there were not one, not two, but THREE G. pulchras in her enclosure with her. My mom had bought three of the most expensive beginner Ts herself and put them into Regina’s enclosure. All four tarantulas were covered with huge scars from fighting each other.

So I went and SCREAMED at my mom because she was out of her mind.

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. Kendricks

Kendricks Arachnosquire

Funny, there's a certain similarity to the T-dreams I had.
    They seem to have stopped, but when I was rather new, I dreamed that I'd find my A. geniculata in my G. pulchra's tank and they start to fight just when I noticed, meaning that of course at least one of them will definitely die.
    It really upset me and shook me a little when I woke up, it was just a really nasty feeling to not be able to do anything and having to watch them kill each other.

13. Clareesi

Clareesi Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Recently, I had a dream I bug sprayed them. Emptied a whole can into their enclosure. I woke up horrified thinking I had murdered them all.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. The Seraph

The Seraph Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    It would have to be one i had a few days ago. I was standing before this tarantula/human/fire/obelisk thing and it commanded this other thing that looked like a living videogame glitch crossed with tarantulas to "fix me". It then proceeded to perform horrific surgery on me to turn me into a tarantula. Then when the surgery was finished, the sky broke open and an unbelievable amount of spiders came pouring out.

15. WolfSoon

WolfSoon Arachnosquire Active Member

I had a dream I’d been keeping different tarantula species in a large communal enclosure with a miniature forest inside and a winding dirt road down the middle. It looked really cool, but by the time I realized what a terrible noob I was for housing Ts together, they’d all killed each other. :wacky:
    Also there was way too much vertical height in that enclosure :p

16. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnodemon Active Member

Never had a terrible dream on my T.'s. But let me tell ya, I've had a couple dreams about my feeder roach colonies going loose and escaping. I promise you people till this day, I am very attentive on whatever goes on with my feeder colonies.

17. Minty

Minty @londontarantulas Arachnosupporter

London
    Dreamt my T stirmi crawled up and over my face like a face hugger from the Alien films.

18. MintyWood826

MintyWood826 Arachnobaron Active Member

USA
    As a kid, (and arachnophobic), I dreamed that we had a pet pony living in the basement. I was there, picking up its poo, and then my brother came with his pet tarantula (which he did not have IRL) and he split it into three! He proceeded to try to shove them in my face or something, I can't quite remember.

The only other dream I remember having about tarantulas and not true spiders (used to be plagued with nightmares of those) is really fuzzy in the details. I had it when I had only my Avic avic, but in that dream I had two. It was something about them morphing into monarch butterflies.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnodemon Active Member

Rainbow color I assume? Or was the color like another animal :troll:

• Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  20. Arachnophoric

Arachnophoric Arachnodemon Active Member

Iowa
    Had a dream that I walked into a pet store that was keeping Ts aquatic. Straight up like fish. And somehow they were still alive, so I was pulling them out while yelling very angrily at the pet store employees. That's about all I recall. :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 2