Anti-Cat thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
Cats are perfection on four legs. Ask any one of them; they will tell you - if they deign to acknowledge your existence...

I've got five, down from seven. Mostly "unadoptables" I brought home while working at the local animal shelter. Couldn't live without them. Joy of my life.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
biznacho said:
Christ, cant a man have an illogical hatered of some poor innocent critters without someone jumping down his throat. It isn't like there is an underabundance of felines or anything.

Anyway woijchik89 was bedridden when the cat ate his salamander. As in can't get up from bed for whatever reason. And intestinal fortitude means "guts", not "balls". "Balls" is testicular fortitude.

I don't like cats. Smelly creatures even when houstrained. If you don't housetrain 'em they kill the lawn. Ever try to get a cat to do something it doesn't want to do? They don't make enough butterfly bandages in the world to hold the ribbons that remain of your arm together. And you end up spending a fortune on cat food 'cus the damn thing is terrified of the possum chowing down on the food. It didn't get the rats either.

I still like cats, just not in my house. Cute as hell, furry too.

biznacho
Thank you biznacho, good piont. When you tell at cat to leave it just stares at you thinking its better than you. Dogs however show love, they're lovable, you can train dogs they will obey, you tell them no they'll stop. Cats are diffrent. And not one person on here can tell me that cats are not evil, this is seriously messed up. How can you sit there just because you like cats and tell me it was my fault. IT WAS MY BLOODY ROOM! The cats stay OUT of my room! I mean do I go to your T-Blondi appreciation threads and tell you that they suck, and are crappy pets? Quit attacking me. This is an ANTI-CAT THREAD! I'm asking you to share your storys in which cats have shown there acts of evil. If you want to make a "I LUV CATS" Thread feel free to do so, I for one will not burst you bubble. So Please leave me alone if you're not going to contribute to the thread. If you love cats why would you even consider posting on this thread? REMAIN ON TOPIC!

Thanks agian biznacho,

-Ben

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
pitbulllady said:
This reminds me of people who say things like "I hate snakes! Snakes are EVIL, even the Bible says so" and then go on to tell of how they twisted th
. I've had dogs killed by wild hogs. I don't hate hogs. I don't hate snakes, either. I've had pigs killed by dogs and by coyotes, but I don't hate coyotes. I have intelligence enough to know that even though the experiences were emotionally painful for me, those animals doing the killing were just acting on instinct, and it was really MY fault for not taking better measures to have prevented it.

pitbulllady
How I prevented it.

1) The door was shut, the cat knows NEVER to go in my room.
2) I shouted at the thing to leave, ignored me.
2) I threw legos at the fiend, he of course ignored my feeble attemp.

Surely when coyotes attack your livestock you do SOMETHING to stop them. Are you telling me if you wittnessed their attack you wouldn't have tryed shooting at them to warn them off before you start getting accurated. And if they manage to get to your livestock do you NOT try and shoot them to leave?

If that cat was that dmb/evil he deserved it.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
I ment I did not like this cat, I hated it. It was my no good sisters who HAD to keep him inside when everyone told her to keep the dumb thing outside. I hate it but my mom told her to keep it outside, she didn't. So there.
Ahh. I hate sisters. They're instruments of the devil. I like to throw glass at mine ;) (Seriously, I've considered it on occasion... lucky for her, she's hundreds of miles away from me now)

Actually, I suspect that my sister deliberately harmed a cat of mine at some point, so I'm not sure where that puts me with respect to this thread.

Chris

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
Think about this. Not ALL cats are evil/bad. Some can be better then dogs or any other animal, because not all dogs are good

Just looking at them makes me want to hug him right now. I miss him and he's only been gone for a little bit.
apparantly VERY easily, but let me ask you something, are you not angry with the animal THAT HURT YOUR PET? If so, how can to be such a hippocrite? If you were present at the moment would you not have done everything in your power to save your pet? I did all I could to save my salamander all of which wasn't enough. My only regrets is that I couldn't have hit the cat harder.

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
And not one person on here can tell me that cats are not evil, this is seriously messed up. How can you sit there just because you like cats and tell me it was my fault. IT WAS MY BLOODY ROOM! The cats stay OUT of my room! -Ben
Cats are not evil. "Evil" is a human construct. Cats just are cats, they do cat things as is to be expected. Cats will stay out of your room if you keep the door closed.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yve said:
I especially love the red eyes...is that some kind of a siamese morph :p
Hope your kitty gets better soon Spider-man2

Ohhh, I see, what you're saying is, its ok to have a cat around even though you don't like them..just keep them 'in check' by throwing things at them...I get it...thanks for clearing that up...

pleeeeease, spare us all....if you really liked cats you wouldn't have made the following comment:

so explain to me this: If you like other peoples cats but still throw YOUR plastic cups at cats (because ofcoarse, they don't leave as big a bump), does that mean you have a cat in YOUR house. Maybe you shouldn't, oh high master of the food chain...lmao!!!!
He ment my pet as in my salamander, to keep him in check.
He mean he doesn't mind cats when at others houses, however he would never keep one.
You keep mixing everything up, read it thoroughly and then post your litle comments. It is really not funny when you do this. You may think your funny, but if you really were others would add "lmao" instead of you, let the audiense be the judge.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
woijchik89 said:
Okay, who here hates cats? Me I hate them, I believe they are evil.

and all the sudden the door opened, MY DOOR, and along came the cat, it slowly walked in my room.

I continued to hate cats ever sinse.
The door WAS CLOSED!!!!!! ;P

spidergoddess said:
Cats are not evil. "Evil" is a human construct. Cats just are cats, they do cat things as is to be expected. Cats will stay out of your room if you keep the door closed.

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I maintain that as one of the top predators in the world woijchik89(and any human) can do as he pleases to all other forms of life. He will also have to acept the consequences of those actions. Jail time, heavy fines, an arm shredding at the hand of the cat, cat mafia hunting him down and murdering him in a dark alley...

And or the record, I've never hurt a mammal. I've caught fish, I've crushed spiders and cockroaches, I've cut open a frog in school. But I have never one harmed a mammal, living or dead.

I used to have cats. 4 at one point. Two got old and had to be put down. One got kitty cancer and died in my room while I watched(it was inoperable and we were just keeping her comfy until the end). I don't remember how the last one died. Probably kitty cancer too.(previous ower died of lung cancer, he smoked.)

I also had a dog that got old and had to be put down. Not a single pet I've ever had has died as a result of anyone mistreating it.

biznacho

Edited for spleling :rolleyes:

Last edited:

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
spidergoddess said:
Ah, another case of a cat seeping through a closed door... :D
Those who haven't had a cat may not realize how difficult it is to keep one out of something.

Chris

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
@ Wojickablah

As protheus said sometimes the only way to get a cat to stop attacking/eating/peeing on something or whatever it might be is to bang on something or otherwise startle it.

However if you are actually throwing objects at the cat because of your irrational Love/hate thing with them then i think you should have an empty barrel of beer flung at you seems about right...

If you hate them that much then make sure your door is closed, yeah yeah u already said lock it tape it whatever, dont risk injury to the cat because of your inability to secure a door to its frame...

EDIT.

wojickablah said:
At that exact piont I threw my water glass at it and POW! hit the cat right in the face!
You sir, are a prat.

Last edited:

biznacho

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And don't forget, HE WAS 6! I know you all did something stupd when you were 6 year old. I don't know specifics, but it was stupid.

biznacho

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Runaway987 said:
@ Wojickablah

As protheus said sometimes the only way to get a cat to stop attacking/eating/peeing on something or whatever it might be is to bang on something or otherwise startle it.
I'd also add that this generally only works long enough for you to go and physically restrain the cat, yourself. :) They're surprisingly persistant.

Chris

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah i know they dont give up, just makes em pay a few seconds attention to you.

I wouldnt advocate hurling a glass of water at its face though.

protheus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Runaway987 said:
Yeah i know they dont give up, just makes em pay a few seconds attention to you.

I wouldnt advocate hurling a glass of water at its face though.
I'd suggest the water in the glass as being the best idea ;) Possibly an (light) empty glass will also do.

Nerf guns work on my cat (only because she likes to chase the darts...)

Rubber bands work, but the cat will try to eat them...

Chris

Runaway987

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think the conclusion is if you are indeed 6 (or any age) years of age then you shouldnt be allowed to keep pets if you cant look after one whilst abusing the other.

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, IF I can catch another animal in the process of attacking one of MY animals, I will do whatever I can to stop it. This is NOT the same thing as going around hating ALL members of a species just because of what one did, or being ridiculous enough to actually lable any species of animal as "evil"! I am MUCH more intelligent than THAT, dude! Coyotes aren't evil, dogs aren't evil, snakes aren't evil, and so on and so forth. Animals simply cannot make a moral choice between good and evil.

As for your previous thread about dogs loving you and obeying, etc., you obviously have had only limited experience with different breeds. That might be true of Labs or Goldens or other breeds devoloped to work in close association with humans, but not for all breeds. Many breeds, like Catahoula Leopard Dogs, Siberian Huskies and Japanese Akitas, have little interest in obeying humans except when it suits THEM. They are hard-wired to think for themselves and do what THEY want to do, NOT what YOU want. They are every bit as independent as cats are, and just as prey-driven. That doesn't mean they don't love people, just that they refuse to be slaves or robots. And cats DO show affection, just not in the same way that dogs do, but then, they aren't dogs. They aren't pack animals. I used not to like cats much myself, though even as a young child I was smart enough to know that animals are animals, and neither good nor evil, but as I've gotten older and wiser I've come to appreciate cats much more, and to understand their behavior. That means a bit more extra work for me insofar as keeping them away from my snakes(and vice versa-some of my snakes could easily eat a cat or a small dog)and spiders, but it's worth it. I wouldn't trade any of my cats for some robotically-obedient dog for anything!

It sounds to me like you are not so much a cat hater, but someone who still harbors intense jealousy from childhood of siblings, since the cats was your sister's, and THAT is the main reason you hated it. You wanted to start a "I Hate Cats" thread based on some bad childhood memories that you can't let go, and it backfired, since any rational person isn't going to buy into that "Cats(or any other animal)Are Evil" deal. Most people get over their childhood hang-ups, so don't blame US if most of us don't agree with you!

pitbulllady

spidergoddess

spidergoddess
Old Timer
protheus said:
Those who haven't had a cat may not realize how difficult it is to keep one out of something.

Chris
Not really difficult. Keep a spray bottle of CAT SOLVENT (water) at hand. Put double-sided tape on countertops. Line up empty soda/beer cans along shelves. Employ creative thinking.

Oh, and if you hiss at the cat every time you spray it, soon a hiss alone will serve as well. The main thing is to expect the cat to act like a cat, and strive to communicate in a manner it will understand. Punishment never works with cats. It is most effective to catch the cat doing something you want it to be doing, and to reward that action.

ddale

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I like cats...

Cats are awesome! As long as they are stuffed and mounted. j/k lol

Status
Not open for further replies.